Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:48 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you read the other posts here you will answer your questions.

If they are not already "interacting" with LE, why would they be questioned, bothered, harrassed, or asked anything whatever?
Have you ever been stopped by the police because they suspect you are doing somerthing illegal when you're not? I have.

Have you ever been stopped and questioned by the police while walking down the street minding your own business? I have.

Have you ever been stopped by the police because you match the description of someone they are looking for? I have. I'm white. Was I racially profiled because they were looking for a white person who committed a crime in the area? I was detained in my own yard once because a break in occured in my neighborhood. I showed ID and they moved on. What's ther problem with being asked to show ID?

If you saw 20 people who appeared to be Mexicans lined up in the parking lot of Home Depot in Arizona, a state the borders Mexico, would you suspect that they are illegal aliens? I certainly would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
If we deport the racists there will be plenty of room for all the decent people who want to come here.

Here it is again- the race card and you have it up your sleeve every time you enter into a debate. You are against illegal immigrants? You must be racist then. That excuse is way over played and is beyond pathetic at this point.

It appears that you missed these questions.

Please answer the following questions:

Should the USA allow anyone in the world into the country any time they want to enter?

Does the USA have the resources to support everyone in the world who would like to come here?

Jobs, schools, hospitals, roads, energy, food supplies, water supplies- are these all infinite resources?

Does immigration to the USA amount to a viable solution to the problems of various countries around the world and all of their citizens?

Why not try to answer instead of resorting to the trusty, handy dandy race card?
That's right- you have no answers to reality so you cry racism. How pathetic can you get?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:54 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I have one question that I would like folks help me answer.

I am Latino. Specifically Puerto Rican. My family has been "American" since 1898. We have been here a while and have contributed greatly to this country. Also, I'm far from ever being illegal.

OK, so the question is:

When I go to visit Arizona, let's say the Grand Canyon, how should I dress or look to prevent from being suspected of being in the country illegally? What documents should I bring?

I really would not want to waste one second of my precious time being harassed by local government. This bill really puts me on edge for possible harassment.

I mean the governor does't know what an illegal alien looks like, who's to say the cops will.

Latino = Illegal?

Thanks.

you better look like Christopher Columbus...otherwise you will be sent to a "Reservation" for self-preservation!

and don't forget: That Christopher discovered this continent...even though there was a civilisation.

"Do as I say and not as I do"

Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The documents you should bring are your driver's license and a valid SS number (if you know your number, you need not carry your card). And have a good time in AZ
you mean welcome to Russia

Old 04-24-2010, 06:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
you better look like Christopher Columbus...otherwise you will be sent to a "Reservation" for self-preservation!

and don't forget: That Christopher discovered this continent...even though there was a civilisation.

"Do as I say and not as I do"
Wasn't Christopher Columbus funded by, gasp, Hispanics?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
I wish everyone would have been this passionate about the illegal immigration situation decades ago, then this immigration bill would have never been necessary. If yesterday Obama said he would direct his administration to work on the illegal immigration situation immediately, the Arizona bill could be placed on hold with a wait and see on how the Feds handled it. But as expected all Obama said was that he was disappointed with the new law and offered no solution to the issue, eventhough it's really the Feds job.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:00 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Here it is again- the race card and you have it up your sleeve every time you enter into a debate. You are against illegal immigrants? You must be racist then. That excuse is way over played and is beyond pathetic at this point.
you seem to have missed the solution I offered of putting employers in jail who knowingly hire illegals, and the notation that they would self-deport if there was no work for them.

Care to comment before you start tossing red herrings around?

Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Identiy theft, fraud, tax evasion, driving unlicensed, unregistered and uninsured...oh yes- they're all very law abiding aren't they?

Invisible line? Please answer the following questions:

Should the USA allow anyone in the world into the country any time they want to enter?

Does the USA have the resources to support everyone in the world who would like to come here?

Jobs, schools, hospitals, roads, energy, food supplies, water supplies- are these all infinite resources?

Does immigration to the USA amount to a viable solution to the problems of various countries around the world and all of their citizens?
you are right. Let's deport Christopher Columbus and the rest of them

Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I had to fill out an I9 for my last job. I had to show my passport as documented proof of citizenship. Guess what: I'm white. Did that violate my civil liberties?
this is a requirement not a profiling !

Old 04-24-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
you seem to have missed the solution I offered of putting employers in jail who knowingly hire illegals, and the notation that they would self-deport if there was no work for them.

Care to comment before you start tossing red herrings around?

I agree- let's do that....but workplace enforcement has been conducted AND it's always met with these same protests and accusations of racism- is it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration