Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
illegals may flock to CA for protection, but with our high costs of living, i can't imagine them being here for long. we already have a high unemployment rate and a very high number of unskilled foreign workers, there just aren't enough jobs here to support a flood of low income workers. even if you get free social services, you still have an income to feed your family and put a roof over your head. i'm not quite sure we'll see a significant amount of reverse migration back to mexico and central american, but i'm guessing many will move on to other states to the north and the east of AZ rather than to the west. the ramifications of this new law in AZ are quite interesting to ponder: immigration patterns, local economies, potential supreme courts hearings, etc...
I agree California is already packed with Illegals,but they will still try it.Rememeber th Uhaul packed with Illegals they found in Arizona yesterday(Apparently they didn't get the message).They will still try parts of LA and Santa Ana as they have more of the same there,instead of 8 or 9 in a unit you will see 10 to 15.I hope you're right the UE rate and infrastructure here is in shambles thanks to that RINO Schwarzenneggar and the DEMs.Add in the numerous Sanctuary Cities.

These Illegals are going to tough it out in the USA,thanks to Obama's Amnesty promise they'll hold on until the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It won't even happen in AZ, is my guess. This is going to get overturned and backfire on AZ badly. Good job AZ, you just shifted the spotlight off illegals and onto your policy, you also just energized the Hispanic voter population which has been historically inactive in AZ...30% of the AZ population are Hispanic.

Epic Fail.
This is very puzzling to me. Why would law abiding, loyal Hispanic Americans be upset about AZ taking steps to weed out illegal aliens from their midst? They have nothing to fear if they don't break a law as that would be the only way that they would be asked for their I.D. by LE. I doubt that many of them couldn't produce it if they did break a law and then there wouldn't be a need to ask them about their status in this country after that. Even if they were asked about their status (although I don't know why) they would be able to prove that they are a citizen or legal residence from their I.D.'s. Hmmm.

Sounds like progaganda is being spread that anyone who looks Hispanic will be stopped for no reason. Me thinks it is the illegal alien apologists that are doing it. Surely law abiding, loyal Hispanics know better than that.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:13 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,047,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The status Que isn't going to work. We either enforce our borders so that we curb this invasion or we change our social service network, modify the 14th and ensure the only residents getting social services are Americans.
I very much agree with you on enforcing our borders and cut most welfare services, except for ER.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM

I have friends in the CA State Capitol who assured me this would not happen in our state. They are also confident that the AZ bill will be a fail.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Best part of the linked article:

"Racial profiling is just a tactic used by pro-open borders people to get the law misinterpreted so people feel it's an oppressive law against a certain people," said Raymond Herrera, founder and president of We The People California's Crusader, a Claremont-based group opposed to illegal immigration. "It's not aimed at Latinos; it's aimed at illegal aliens."

Well I for one as a California native would LOVE if they passed a bill like AZ's.
That quote is coming from an anti illegal immigration. It's expected. Most pro legalization groups are not open borders.

There is a big difference between addressing illegal immigration in a way that you target the main problem (employers) without having to do racial profiling. This of course will not happen because it hurts the economy.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Cracking down on Employers is the only solution. As long as they hire them, they will come. I don't see why this is so hard to do. Take the hiring managers to jail, fine the CEO, freeze their bank accounts ...charge them as Capital Terrorists.
No its not.
The solution is to crack down on:
1. The employer
2. The illegal
3. The landlords
4. the facilitators.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,537,202 times
Other states will follow. Then another, and another. The message will be loud and clear Americans are done with this issue.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
It won't even happen in AZ, is my guess. This is going to get overturned and backfire on AZ badly. Good job AZ, you just shifted the spotlight off illegals and onto your policy, you also just energized the Hispanic voter population which has been historically inactive in AZ...30% of the AZ population are Hispanic.

Epic Fail.
Actually, this issue has placed even more attention on illegal immigration. The protests, especially the planned marches on May 1, will only serve to antagonize more citizens. Moreover, opposition to this law does not equate to support for illegal immigration and amnesty.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Actually, this issue has placed even more attention on illegal immigration. The protests, especially the planned marches on May 1, will only serve to antagonize more citizens. Moreover, opposition to this law does not equate to support for illegal immigration and amnesty.
I don't believe this will bring amnesty but we will be able to address the issue of racial profiling.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 AM

163 posts, read 240,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Best part of the linked article:

"Racial profiling is just a tactic used by pro-open borders people to get the law misinterpreted so people feel it's an oppressive law against a certain people," said Raymond Herrera, founder and president of We The People California's Crusader, a Claremont-based group opposed to illegal immigration. "It's not aimed at Latinos; it's aimed at illegal aliens."
This bears repeating again and again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That quote is coming from an anti illegal immigration. It's expected. Most pro legalization groups are not open borders.

There is a big difference between addressing illegal immigration in a way that you target the main problem (employers) without having to do racial profiling. This of course will not happen because it hurts the economy.
It doesn't matter WHO the quote is from, it's the crux of the issue for most who are against illegal aliens. We want the illegal alien population gone...but because the majority of illegals are Hispanic the opposition starts to cry racial profiling.

Would all the pro-illegal people making the racial profiling noise still be doing it if the majority of illegals were Polish/Irish/French/Italian/etc? I don't think they would be and that is just as racist as they say we are being.

So can someone please tell me once and for all how can we deal with illegal aliens without hurting the feelings of the Hispanic population?

Last edited by Raimy; 04-27-2010 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: fixed typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration