Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 PM

326 posts, read 430,094 times

Advertisements

A simple national ID with a barcode on the back that is assigned to each and every citizen. An ID that is required to be carried with you and has to be shown when police asks. An ID that police can scan and get all the relevant info, outstanding warrants etc.

Would that be a satisfying solution for everyone? If not, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Why not an armband? OH geez we are in the modern era, why not a Electronic ID injected under the skin?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 PM

50,345 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Why not an armband? OH geez we are in the modern era, why not a Electronic ID injected under the skin?
What's your solution or are you ok with kicking the can down the road so our kids get to deal with 100 million illegals? Are you one of the 52% paying taxes or the 48% using tax dollars without paying? Are you ok with the Govt taking 50% or more of your income to support our new immigrants?

For the record I haven't seen the latest stats but it was running near 50-50.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's your solution or are you ok with kicking the can down the road so our kids get to deal with 100 million illegals? Are you one of the 52% paying taxes or the 48% using tax dollars without paying? Are you ok with the Govt taking 50% or more of your income to support our new immigrants?

For the record I haven't seen the latest stats but it was running near 50-50.

That's personal information. I make a lot of money that's all you need to know.

So I take it you like the National Arm Band?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,374 times
No I wouldn't want that for myself, but every illegal immigrant who comes into this country should be required to sign up for a type of ID. This ID would give them a right to work for a year, they would be issued a number akin to the SS#, taxes would be taken out of their checks but no tax refund would be available to them since they are illegal. After a year they would have to renew their ID, after proving that they haven't been in trouble with the law and their kids are in school, AND they show proof that they are attending English classes. The ID would then be renewed every year and they would have to pay a fee for it.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 PM

326 posts, read 430,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
No I wouldn't want that for myself, but every illegal immigrant who comes into this country should be required to sign up for a type of ID. This ID would give them a right to work for a year, they would be issued a number akin to the SS#, taxes would be taken out of their checks but no tax refund would be available to them since they are illegal. After a year they would have to renew their ID, after proving that they haven't been in trouble with the law and their kids are in school, AND they show proof that they are attending English classes. The ID would then be renewed every year and they would have to pay a fee for it.
But how do we determine you are legal?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
That's personal information. I make a lot of money that's all you need to know.

So I take it you like the National Arm Band?
How much of it is using illegal labor?

I don't mind an id card. I've already got 3. At least give me one some criminal can't ruin my credit with, especially an Alien with no right to be here. Personally the easiest route would be finger prints or retina scans, Sea World already does prints.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
How much of it is using illegal labor?

I don't mind an id card. I've already got 3. At least give me one some criminal can't ruin my credit with.
Wow that's 3 accusations of having a hidden agenda just today!!!!

1st Getout
2nd chicagonut
3rd 1AngryTaxPayer

This forum hasn't changed a bit. You folks don't debate, you sling personal attacks when you don't like it. You folks really believe that whoever is against you is a somehow invested in this?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Wow that's 3 accusations of having a hidden agenda just today!!!!

1st Getout
2nd chicagonut
3rd 1AngryTaxPayer

This forum hasn't changed a bit. you folks don't debate, you sling personal attacks when you don't like it.
You never answered my question. Are you ok with the status quo? The one our children will have to deal with if we do nothing. I didn't hoist any attack, I asked simple questions like do you employ Ilegal Aliens. What's wrong with that? I want a solution not just to kick the can down the road for our kids to deal with.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
You never answered my question. Are you ok with the status quo? The one our children will have to deal with if we do nothing. I didn't hoist any attack, I asked simple questions like do you employ Ilegal Aliens. What's wrong with that? I want a solution not just to kick the can down the road for our kids to deal with.
I would like solutions too, but creating a police state is not one of them.

Here is a solution: Penalize Employers, publicly humiliate them for hiring illegals, freeze their accounts, put them in jail...hard time.
Why is that so hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration