Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times

Advertisements

Rewarding those here illegally with the right to work is NOT "being creative" - it's just more of the same old BS

You want to "reward" people? Try letting those here legally have a fee free application for citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That's personal information. I make a lot of money that's all you need to know.

So I take it you like the National Arm Band?
An arm band isn't what is being proposed it is a National I.D. card much like our driver's license that we carry today.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
No I wouldn't want that for myself, but every illegal immigrant who comes into this country should be required to sign up for a type of ID. This ID would give them a right to work for a year, they would be issued a number akin to the SS#, taxes would be taken out of their checks but no tax refund would be available to them since they are illegal. After a year they would have to renew their ID, after proving that they haven't been in trouble with the law and their kids are in school, AND they show proof that they are attending English classes. The ID would then be renewed every year and they would have to pay a fee for it.
They already do get something like this. It's like a SSN but it's followed by an "X" at the end of the number. I know this for a fact because my Mom is retired from the Police Dept. and her job was to run NCIC and SCOPE hits.

This was implemented by the IRS under a provision of the Patriot Act.

You can read more about it here.

Having this number issued to illegals has also allowed them to get credit cards from banks, and also home loans to purchase houses.

I'll see if I can find the articles I read about Citi Bank giving credit cards and home loans to illegals that had the IRS issued ITINs.

(side note: I'm blind so it may take me a couple of hours to locate the articles I spoke of)

Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
No I wouldn't want that for myself, but every illegal immigrant who comes into this country should be required to sign up for a type of ID. This ID would give them a right to work for a year, they would be issued a number akin to the SS#, taxes would be taken out of their checks but no tax refund would be available to them since they are illegal. After a year they would have to renew their ID, after proving that they haven't been in trouble with the law and their kids are in school, AND they show proof that they are attending English classes. The ID would then be renewed every year and they would have to pay a fee for it.
I can understand a card specifically for a legal immigrant but you have got to be kidding that we should give one to those who enter our country illegally and then reward them with a job and residence in this country for at least a year. That makes no sense at all. Illegal immigration is against the law and subject to deportation, not residency.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,151,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I can understand a card specifically for a legal immigrant but you have got to be kidding that we should give one to those who enter our country illegally and then reward them with a job and residence in this country for at least a year. That makes no sense at all. Illegal immigration is against the law and subject to deportation, not residency.
Well it's just a thought....geez people, just MY opinion, what else you got?? Huh?? What are YOUR ideas?? Close the border? Yeah right!!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Wow that's 3 accusations of having a hidden agenda just today!!!!

1st Getout
2nd chicagonut
3rd 1AngryTaxPayer

This forum hasn't changed a bit. You folks don't debate, you sling personal attacks when you don't like it. You folks really believe that whoever is against you is a somehow invested in this?
Just what personal insult did I sling your way? I did not.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I'll see if I can find the articles I read about Citi Bank giving credit cards and home loans to illegals that had the IRS issued ITINs.
I remember that, the Fed issued directives to banks to target this "niche market" and offer credit & home loans to illegals. I also saved the articles but lord knows where they are in my archived files.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I would like solutions too, but creating a police state is not one of them.

Here is a solution: Penalize Employers, publicly humiliate them for hiring illegals, freeze their accounts, put them in jail...hard time.
Why is that so hard?
Oh, I agree with that but then what do we do with their illegal employees?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,520 times
The solution is to enforce the laws we already have ,which this Idiot Pres. Obama refuses to do.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
What is more efficient? Going after millions of poor illegals? Or going after thousands of companies?

We don't need ID's or new laws on immigration, we need to book employers hard.
This isn't about efficiency it is about going after all the guilty parties. E-verify will take care of both guilty parties. A National I.D. card is still a good idea IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration