Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Arizona's 1070 bill?
Yes 193 73.11%
No 66 25.00%
I don't know 5 1.89%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,055,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Why not? There is nothing that compels any US citizen to have any form of identification on their person. When asked to identify yourself by law enforcement, you are required by law to give your legal and proper name, nothing more.
1) I believe some states have laws that you need some form of ID (but I will admit that I'm not sure and don't feel like looking it up at the moment).

2) It's common sense to have ID when you leave the house. The only time I don't is walking the dog. And it it's a long walk around the neighborhood, I grab my ID and medical card in case something happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,557,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Why not? There is nothing that compels any US citizen to have any form of identification on their person. When asked to identify yourself by law enforcement, you are required by law to give your legal and proper name, nothing more.
There's no law that says I can't stab myself in the eye with a fork, but there's just being sensible. Can't tell you what trouble we have with coding patients who have no ID on them...it can save your life. And certainly save you hassle.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:57 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,554,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Then support a Constitutional amendment to allow states to do just that. Because, as of right now, its only in the power of the Federal government to secure our borders. States can pass no immigration laws, outside of Federal guidelines.
Can you state the Constitutional amendment, or section thereof, that grants the Federal Government this power?

Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,201,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So... you actually think the next logical step is that Arizona is going to start carting illegal immigrants off to death camps where they'll be exterminated?

Really?

Should illegals in America (specifically, Mexicans, who seem to be making the most noise about it) expect different treatment than that which is afforded to illegals in their home country?
No, (for the history impaired)..the next step is not ovens, there were many more tiny steps that no one wanted to object to...before the ovens came.

How far do YOU think this country should go towards ovens...???

Where are YOU willing to stop?????

Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's because(for the history impaired) there IS an analogy!

How do you think the persecution of the Jews started ..in one giant totally noticeable event that would've shaken up the world?

NO, it didn't ...it was small inconsequential little steps so that STUPID people wouldn't catch on to how they ALL were losing their freedom.
Right....because the next step for illegal immigrants as well as Latinos in general (as if ALL illegal immigrants were of Hispanic origin) is the cattle car ride to the death camps.....

Arizona Immigration Law = Nazi Germany?

Analogy FAILS.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,766,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, (for the history impaired)..the next step is not ovens, there were many more tiny steps that no one wanted to object to...before the ovens came.

How far do YOU think this country should go towards ovens...???

Where are YOU willing to stop?????
Jews were citizens of Germany--removed from society, put in concentration camps, where they died of exhaustion, disease, or starvation. Then came the mass extermination.

As soon as legislation is enacted to remove illegal aliens from the society in their country of origin (once they're deported) and they're bussed off to concentration camps, I'll start worrying.

Being picked up by the police, fed and sheltered until such a time as return to one's home country is possible, is about as far away from the Einsatzgruppen as one can get.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,951,093 times
it seems to me that you can take basically one of 2 sides on this issue. there was a recent raid and 300 illegal immigrants were fired from the job, and 300 americans promptly got new jobs.

either you can be on the side of the illegal immigrants and resent their being fired or you can be on the side of the american workers and be glad that they now have jobs.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,554,476 times
I choose "B"

Old 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM

13,686 posts, read 20,848,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Jews were citizens of Germany--removed from society, put in concentration camps, where they died of exhaustion, disease, or starvation. Then came the mass extermination.

As soon as legislation is enacted to remove illegal aliens from the society in their country of origin (once they're deported) and they're bussed off to concentration camps, I'll start worrying.

Being picked up by the police, fed and sheltered until such a time as return to one's home country is possible, is about as far away from the Einsatzgruppen as one can get.
You might want to explain to Who?Me? just what the Einsatzgruppen was and what they did. One gets the impression that his historical knowledge is lacking.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,712,249 times
When we get rid of all the immigrants who is it that will work in the fields?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration