Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,474,289 times

Advertisements

It reeks of the Czech republic, no doubt about that.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
we actually did have a period in this country when we were expanding and needed additional labor.

that period has long since been over but our representatives never seem to be able to address changing realities.....
Wait a minute... so amnesty is fine when you feel it is okay? Then there is nothing bad about illegal immigration.

Your hypocrisy fails you.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Btw why no crys over business owners who hire a illegal profiting at the expense of a American he let go?

A business owner's only obligation is to pay for a day's work done? American's should think of their family income first above anyone else?

6,183 posts, read 6,080,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Umm I have news for people...if you are stopped by police for a reasonable.susp......"YOU HAVE TO I.D. YOURSELF" anyhow...so WTH is the problem

This B.S double speak by the pro-illegal mob is so stupid....You would be better off trying a different route instead of this Un-Const. crap.
I once took a speech & debate class. A younger gentleman named Joseph DeSantis taught it. Very good professor. He asked each one of us to talk about an issue we felt strongly about. Our homework? To form an argument against the issue we felt strongly about and then make an argument against what we initiailly felt strongly about. And he graded harshly too. C or lower for anyone that just gave lip service. The point? To understand exactly what we're going against. How can you debate an issue when you don't understand exactly what the opposite side feels and their perspective.

To say me, or the majority of left-leaning posters on this site are "pro-illegal" is about as uninformed as it gets. If you read my posts I wish to curb illegal immigration. Violating the Constitution isn't an effective, nor just means of doing it.

11,449 posts, read 14,474,289 times
Isn't it funny listening to the right wing zealots scream about their freedoms being infringed upon by evil Obama for a year now, turn around and cheer this?

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Will you all get it through your heads that us who are questioning the law are not pro illegals? I am all for going to Home Depot where illegals stand waiting for work everyday and checking them, I am all for going after business who hire them.

What I am not for is seeing a Colombian or Peruvian guy who is 2nd generation American and sayiing "looks like Mexican to me, odds are he is illegal, better check him".

It is the same as saying

any white guy who has a rebel flag and pickup truck must be a KKK supporter

anybody who is a tea party protester is racist at heart

anybody black who drive a shiny old Cadillac with huge wheels and hiphop clothes must be a drug dealer

anybody who is in a militia must be looking to over throw the government
You forgot one...

anybody who is an AZ police officer is going to "[see] a Colombian or Peruvian guy who is 2nd generation American and [say] 'looks like Mexican to me, odds are he is illegal, better check him.'"

Obama lied, grandma died.

Arizona passed a law, I'll build these men of straw.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,922,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Will you all get it through your heads that us who are questioning the law are not pro illegals? I am all for going to Home Depot where illegals stand waiting for work everyday and checking them, I am all for going after business who hire them.

What I am not for is seeing a Colombian or Peruvian guy who is 2nd generation American and sayiing "looks like Mexican to me, odds are he is illegal, better check him".

It is the same as saying

any white guy who has a rebel flag and pickup truck must be a KKK supporter

anybody who is a tea party protester is racist at heart

anybody black who drive a shiny old Cadillac with huge wheels and hiphop clothes must be a drug dealer

anybody who is in a militia must be looking to over throw the government
anybody who isn't breaking the law isn't going to have any trouble providing ID. what we are saying is that it isn't a big deal to simply show identification.....

problem solved.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM

968 posts, read 2,625,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I was making a caracature of the protesters, not an argument.

If your definition of hardship is akin to "being locked up," then my answer is no. If hardship means losing ten minutes out of your day and providing information/documentation, then my answer is yes.

I was stopped once because I fit the description of a bank robber, who just robbed a bank two blocks from where I was at the time. Ten minutes. Information and ID provided. Were my rights violated?
they had resonable suspicion when they pulled you over. being brown is not reasonable suspicion therefore violates this mans rights:

Truck driver forced to show birth certificate claims racial-profiling | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | Arizona News

Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,592,578 times
Quote:
anybody who isn't breaking the law isn't going to have any trouble providing ID. what we are saying is that it isn't a big deal to simply show identification.....

problem solved.
Even if you don't have ID, you just need to give them information that can verify your identity. They'll call it in and you'll be on your way, unless the reason they stopped you in the first place keeps you detained.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:

problem solved.
But you would have a problem if a national ID were asked for, that you could be stopped and detained for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration