Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

470 posts, read 462,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No they are not.

Do you seriously believe it will be as simple as that?

Well, it is a term commonly used by teabaggers almost as if they own it and define it. It is something that the judicial system gets to decide, but the challenge does start with the premise. Get it?

I don't. It is one of those practices I oppose. Do you support unconstitutional practices sometimes?
you are the one that doesn't get it. Please point out the violation of rights.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,090,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
Here's one pratice that is unconstitutional but yet you accept it. DUI CHECKPOINTS!
Where did I say I accepted them? The premise of them essentially is to nab drunks. It's clear as day and night to pick them out, especially if it's your job. How are they going to weed out illegal immigrants? This is going to lead to massive profiling.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:14 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I personally don't care about the drug war on the other side of the border. The sollution for that would be end of narcotics prohibition but that's an entirely different debate. And I can guarantee the vast majority of illegal immigrants that are here have nothing to do with drugs.
The violence along the border, and spilling over, does have to do with the drug wars and is what ultimately sparked this law in Arizona.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM

Default Come on kid, this is Middle School Government material

Quote:

Fourth Amendment Defined & Explained

Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
LOL

Every time you step out of the house there is already a chance you will be stopped on reasonable suspicion. Such has been the case for more than 40 years - The Supreme Court approves!

Terry v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well I think that is what is implied by land of the free. Like everything else, a lip service to make feel good. That said, no, I don't plan on being a part of "reasonable suspicion" when I step out much less be worried about a police state subjectively stopping me for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i was talking about LEGAL immigration. we clearly don't even need any more of that right now, at this point in time, with our surplus labor population and increasing social costs. (rising food stamp costs, bankrupt unemployment funds, etc.)

i have NEVER favored amnesty to illegal immigrants and never will, as the cost to all americans is too high.
I was talking about amnesty and Reagan. Did you respond to my post by mistake?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The violence along the border, and spilling over, does have to do with the drug wars and is what ultimately sparked this law in Arizona.
Can you show proof of it spilling over? That's the creed of the fearmongered. If they passed the law based on something miniscule as that, this law is even more of an abortion than I once thought. I guarantee the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants in this country have nothing to do with drugs.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Where did I say I accepted them? The premise of them essentially is to nab drunks. It's clear as day and night to pick them out, especially if it's your job. How are they going to weed out illegal immigrants? This is going to lead to massive profiling.
nice wiggling. So you are saying that ONLY drunk people are targeted in DUI checkpoints and nobody else has to stop? You are plain out lying to yourself. They will weed out illegals the same way they try to weed out drunk drivers. If you don't accept this practice, why aren't you raging about it? You simply said in another post that it is no big deal to have to show ID when caught in a DUI checkpoint where you were told by law enforcement to pull over and show your paperwork without any probable cause whatsoever. This practice is much more unconstitutional than the AZ law, yet the public ignores it.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
Which part of my post did you get? It may be better to start from there.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
come on scholar, tell us where the violations are. You can't because there are none. All you are doing is political grandstanding.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:20 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,939,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Wait a minute... so amnesty is fine when you feel it is okay? Then there is nothing bad about illegal immigration.

Your hypocrisy fails you.
i was responding to this post, and letting you know that i don't think illegal immigration is EVER fine or EVER okay, and that it is ALWAYS lawbreaking.

these are lawbreakers who will be caught when they cannot produce legal ID, and that is why liberals are so mad about the topic. they don't care about the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration