Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:49 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,318,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
"Texas" isn't the "redneck" here - it's all Debbie Riddle so far. Just her.

So when someone wants people to follow our laws they are a redneck?

What are they when you harbor and assist criminal terrorist illegals who are ruining our country with their large numbers of murders, rapes, robberies, bringing diseases to our children etc?

What are those people called then?

We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 09:26 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Quote:
Immigration status and enforcement of the border is in the federal government's realm. There is a possibility that Arizona's law could be repealed on the grounds that it is not Arizona's job to deal with border issues.
yes it is but they are not doing it.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,619,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's spurring government action alright..but the wrong way.

The Fed is backing off and taking immigration reform off the table while the states talk about enacting bills.

Obama's administration needs to address this; this is a FEDERAL issue. I do not blame the states at all for taking their own action because the Fed wants to do nothing nor acknowledge the problem nor provide the border control it is supposed to be doing.

If anything..be mad at the current administration for running away from this yet being the first to point a finger.

Hey Obama took his own actions on the healthcare bill. Shoot.... so why not allow the State to take its on actions!!

Old 05-04-2010, 01:57 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,078,516 times
Regardless, the state cannot usurp/replace the federal government's role in immigration. If the federal government is not doing it right, one must petition the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes it is but they are not doing it.
Sunny: Debbie Riddle herself is considered to be a joke in Texas politics. I am not just saying that just because she proposed this. Look up Texas Monthly issues - she is ranked as being among the worst of the politicians in Texas.

The Federal government already specifically targets which illegals (particularly felons) it wants out of the country, and it leaves others alone.

"We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves"

But we also should not bankrupt ourselves (financially) trying to be all idealistic. Think realistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
So when someone wants people to follow our laws they are a redneck?

What are they when you harbor and assist criminal terrorist illegals who are ruining our country with their large numbers of murders, rapes, robberies, bringing diseases to our children etc?

What are those people called then?

We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Regardless, the state cannot usurp/replace the federal government's role in immigration. If the federal government is not doing it right, one must petition the federal government.

Sunny: Debbie Riddle herself is considered to be a joke in Texas politics. I am not just saying that just because she proposed this. Look up Texas Monthly issues - she is ranked as being among the worst of the politicians in Texas.

The Federal government already specifically targets which illegals (particularly felons) it wants out of the country, and it leaves others alone.

"We are a nation of laws and we must force them to be used to protect ourselves"

But we also should not bankrupt ourselves (financially) trying to be all idealistic. Think realistically.
Funny how the pro-illegals are all concerned about the costs involved in enforcing our immigration laws but no concern whatsoever over the social costs of illegal aliens to our states and entire country.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,078,516 times
What social costs are you referring to? (I could think of any number of items that you would describe as social costs, but I want to know what things you believe are "social costs")

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Funny how the pro-illegals are all concerned about the costs involved in enforcing our immigration laws but no concern whatsoever over the social costs of illegal aliens to our states and entire country.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
What social costs are you referring to? (I could think of any number of items that you would describe as social costs, but I want to know what things you believe are "social costs")
ER healthcare, education, increased crime, loss of American jobs, costs of the birthing of their numerous babies, depletion of our natural resources, food stamps and welfare for the anchors....need I go on?

Old 05-04-2010, 03:25 PM

111 posts, read 132,558 times
Quote:
ER healthcare, education, increased crime, loss of American jobs, costs of the birthing of their numerous babies, depletion of our natural resources, food stamps and welfare for the anchors....need I go on?

Numerous babies? Even I've seen the birth rate statistics for Mexico, and it averages to about 2.5 children, compared to 2.1 children in the U.S. Is 2.5 considered numerous??

Depletion of our natural resources? There simply aren't enough of them to make any definite impact.

Spot on on everything else though.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
Numerous babies? Even I've seen the birth rate statistics for Mexico, and it averages to about 2.5 children, compared to 2.1 children in the U.S. Is 2.5 considered numerous??

Depletion of our natural resources? There simply aren't enough of them to make any definite impact.

Spot on on everything else though.
No link handy but; apparently Hispanics as a group tend to have larger families here in the USA vs. Mexico. Although, what in the hell as a 'Hispanic'? I am referring to folks like our Mach50 who self identifies as such (mother from Mexico), Benicar's son (father is Argentine) who is a Black man, and Anglos with one parent who also is a Hispanic......I have known a few. Tough call here.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,978,857 times
There IS a god!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration