Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times

Advertisements

Ever since our governor signed HP 1070 this past Friday; I am getting the impression that the dominos (other states) are getting ready to fall in line at breakneck speed with similar legislation. Hell; even the Dems in DC; of all groups, want the border secured before discussing any sort of CIR.

IMHO California will be lone holdout among big states (at least here in the west) and it will hit the fan there--------big time. Yes; there are some illegal aliens threatening terrorism if they don't get there way but--------such insanity will explode in their collective faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM

50,423 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Five States already looking for similar relief. I don't think the amnesty pushers had any idea how much people are for upholding the law! Unless Obama wants a one term Presidency he'd be nutz to push anything that resembled an Amnesty. I voted for him too.

Looky here Texas Rep. Debbie Riddle Introduces Similar Anti-Immigration Bill as Arizona's

Is Obama going to chastise the leaders of each State or do what the will of the people want which is no more Illegal Mexicans and Guatemalans (among others).

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 04-28-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,836 times
By the time States are done with implementing these laws, Obama will have no recourse but to secure our borders, he is watching his power being stripped state by state. His narcissism will not allow this to continue so he'll need to jump on board in a way for him to save face. I'm anxious to see what he comes up with since he has already publicly denounced this law.

Americans are tired of this lip service do nothing previous and current administration.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Ever since our governor signed HP 1070 this past Friday; I am getting the impression that the dominos (other states) are getting ready to fall in line at breakneck speed with similar legislation. Hell; even the Dems in DC; of all groups, want the border secured before discussing any sort of CIR.

IMHO California will be lone holdout among big states (at least here in the west) and it will hit the fan there--------big time. Yes; there are some illegal aliens threatening terrorism if they don't get there way but--------such insanity will explode in their collective faces.
Do you have a link? I live in California and your statement has me worried. Thanks.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
More US citizens have died, victims of crimes committed by illegals than died on 911. We went to war with 2 countries because of 911. By some estimates as many as 13 or more US citizens are killed each day by illegals. This does not count rapes, robberies, or ID theft.
Yes people are beginning to look very hard at the illegal problem. Justifiably so, what is amazing is how little main stream media reports these crimes.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,999,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More US citizens have died, victims of crimes committed by illegals than died on 911. We went to war with 2 countries because of 911. By some estimates as many as 13 or more US citizens are killed each day by illegals. This does not count rapes, robberies, or ID theft.
Yes people are beginning to look very hard at the illegal problem. Justifiably so, what is amazing is how little main stream media reports these crimes.
There are no federal statistics that keep track of murders (or any other crimes) by illegals. Where did you get your info?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Do you have a link? I live in California and your statement has me worried. Thanks.
No 'official' link (as in from a news site admittedly) but; a poster here who evidently lives in California stated that the illegals there are threatening violence if a version of HB 1070 becomes law there.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:00 PM

50,423 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Self serve "Change you can believe in".

Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
There are no federal statistics that keep track of murders (or any other crimes) by illegals. Where did you get your info?
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals
Illegal immigrants murder 12 Americans every 24 hours, drunk driving illegals kill 13 more a day, Barack! « 22MOON.COM
Although some may argue about how accurate these statistics might be, it can not be argued that illegals are innocent of crimes.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,836 times
Well, I wondered what Obama would do next to push amnesty? I've just read where he is in the throws as we speak in making Puerto Rico formally a state, the 51'st, without the knowledge of Americans. He'll secure votes anyway that he can.

Quote:
H.R. 2499-we recently received word that DC insiders are trying to sneak through a bill that could grant statehood to Puerto Rico. We are told the aim is to empower Puerto Rico and Washington DC by giving them more congressional representation for the Open Borders and Amnesty Lobby.
They may vote today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration