Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,601,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So basically you folks are calling anyone who doesn't support the law a gullible, easily-influenced, "pinko" who cannot read and comprehend the bill?

To me this is a cop-out of an argument.
Not at all. However, many have not even read the law, and are only following the crowd. I can appreciate concerns, because some aspects of the law were rather vague. It is my understanding the amendments address those issues. Sadly, it will still not silence the opposition, which for many, is solely motivated by their amnesty agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM

181 posts, read 323,397 times
If people read the bill, they would see the bill doesn't mean people are going to be randomly profiled. If you search previous posts, I too was misinformed. I thought people were going to be pulled off the street or at the park with their kids and deported. After INFORMING myself instead of listening to rhetoric, I realized there is actually much more to the process. How many people can actually say their read the entire bill?

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
If people read the bill, they would see the bill doesn't mean people are going to be randomly profiled. If you search previous posts, I too was misinformed. I thought people were going to be pulled off the street or at the park with their kids and deported. After INFORMING myself instead of listening to rhetoric, I realized there is actually much more to the process. How many people can actually say their read the entire bill?

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf
That’s the problem. Too many will continue to be fed by the media, rather than reading the law for themselves. Horror stories of women and children being pulled from their beds, is simply a deliberate attempt by pro-illegals to feed the frenzy.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,691,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Excellent! This is precisely what’s happening with the AZ law. On the news this morning, it was mentioned that the law has been amended to clarify what constitutes “reasonable suspicion” and to assuage fears and confusion. Sadly, the sheeple will still oppose, because they have been programmed to do so. Stepford Wives anyone?
Obama said publically that potentially a Hispanic family could be stopped and asked for their papers if they went out for ice cream in AZ.

If you have the President of the US telling this to people, what do you expect ? He purposely exaggerated and instilled fear, panic and distrust.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,539,773 times
Here is my personal opinion on the law. I personally think the law was designed to be controversial on purpose. It was designed specifically to ignite a flame under Obama and the feds.

I doubt Arizona will even enforce it that hard (great right?).

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,691,160 times
Quote:
Here is my personal opinion on the law. I personally think the law was designed to be controversial on purpose. It was designed specifically to ignite a flame under Obama and the feds.

You may just be right. The WH has dropped immigration reform from their agenda. So..no amnesty for the near future. Dems are not publically giving opinions on AZ's bill..they will lose voters no matter what they say so they are not talking.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,021,050 times
Mach50, you could very well be absolutely right!
The sad part is that the governor and the legislature of Arizona were pushed into this action by the LACK of federal immigration enforcement!
(If, in fact, that is what the law is all about)
The law certainly DID focus attention on the problem!
As for the DHMO controversy, google the "DHMO MSDS", and read it. Keep firmly fixed in your mind that everything the MSDS says is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH! It is frightening stuff, until you realize what it really is!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama said publically that potentially a Hispanic family could be stopped and asked for their papers if they went out for ice cream in AZ.

If you have the President of the US telling this to people, what do you expect ? He purposely exaggerated and instilled fear, panic and distrust.
Yes, I saw that, and was totally disgusted. He is gradually making me regret I voted for him.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:

From the beginning, I felt it was a desperate cry for help. No one wanted to discuss illegal immigration. Now look, it’s the hottest topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration