Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 08:54 AM

133 posts, read 629,767 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but I don't get this immigration thing. Just because we are country that was founded by immigrants, does that mean we are just to let thousands come across our borders and then embrace them and let them be us citizens? Why is that? Australia was a country of immigrants (prisoners dropped off on a venomous island) but they have very strict laws. You can immigrate, but it isn't easy. Most other counties have very strict ways of dealing with this. Why are we letting this happen. I am all for immigration if it is done legally and with documentation. What is our problem with controling this issue? Our infastructure can't handle this influx of immigrants that are illegal. It is taxing our schools, water systems, healthcare (of which is poor anywy) systems, etc. Why can't we just ask for a passport, and if it isn't done properly, then send them home? How have we let this get so out of hand? How are these folks entering our schools? Do they have SS cards? As I have said in other posts, I haven't lived at home in he US in a long time and this whole thing has definitely snuck up on me. Please explain what has happened and why we don't seem to care about doing anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,457,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsing View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't get this immigration thing. Just because we are country that was founded by immigrants, does that mean we are just to let thousands come across our borders and then embrace them and let them be us citizens? Why is that? Australia was a country of immigrants (prisoners dropped off on a venomous island) but they have very strict laws. You can immigrate, but it isn't easy. Most other counties have very strict ways of dealing with this. Why are we letting this happen. I am all for immigration if it is done legally and with documentation. What is our problem with controling this issue? Our infastructure can't handle this influx of immigrants that are illegal. It is taxing our schools, water systems, healthcare (of which is poor anywy) systems, etc. Why can't we just ask for a passport, and if it isn't done properly, then send them home? How have we let this get so out of hand? How are these folks entering our schools? Do they have SS cards? As I have said in other posts, I haven't lived at home in he US in a long time and this whole thing has definitely snuck up on me. Please explain what has happened and why we don't seem to care about doing anything about it?

I'm sorry you must have missed the memo. We have to accept everyone who wants a better life into our country even if they break the law, or else we will be labled as bigots. America has to save the world ya know.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,870 times
I posted this same thing on another thread but, it works here as well,

I know by saying what I'm about to say I will be accused of being crazy and the rest of you will say "That will never happen"...The reason I believe the government does nothing about the immigration issue is NAFTA, North American Union(NAU) and Security and Prosperity Partnership(SPP). I know its some crazy conspiracy theory but just look at what's happening. I believe the politicians believed that the American Public would never follow along with plans to integrate America with Canada and Mexico so they decided to turn a blind eye on the immigration issue. The more people(Criminal immigrants) the politicians can bring into America that will support such a treasonous idea the better. Basically, they are supplying this country with people(criminal immigrants) that would love the idea of being part of America. The politicians know that Americans would never want to be part of a third world country so, the more of them(criminal immigrants) you bring here(U.S.) the better the numbers become for the integration of America into the North American Union. If anyone can come up with a better theory I'm all ears.

I know its crazy but the more I read about the NAU and SPP the more I believe in this so called conspiracy theory. Think about this as well...what has the signing of the free trade act done for America other than destroy jobs and put us in a astronomical trade deficit which currently is around 68 billion. The pieces of this so called conspiracy theory started with the signing of this in 1994 and the pieces are slowly coming together for American Sovereignty to be taken away in 2010.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:12 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,772,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post

I know by saying what I'm about to say I will be accused of being crazy and the rest of you will say "That will never happen"...The reason I believe the government does nothing about the immigration issue is NAFTA, North American Union(NAU) and Security and Prosperity Partnership(SPP). I know its some crazy conspiracy theory but just look at what's happening. I believe the politicians believed that the American Public would never follow along with plans to integrate America with Canada and Mexico so they decided to turn a blind eye on the immigration issue. The more people(Criminal immigrants) the politicians can bring into America that will support such a treasonous idea the better. Basically, they are supplying this country with people(criminal immigrants) that would love the idea of being part of America. The politicians know that Americans would never want to be part of a third world country so, the more of them(criminal immigrants) you bring here(U.S.) the better the numbers become for the integration of America into the North American Union. If anyone can come up with a better theory I'm all ears.

I know its crazy but the more I read about the NAU and SPP the more I believe in this so called conspiracy theory. Think about this as well...what has the signing of the free trade act done for America other than destroy jobs and put us in a astronomical trade deficit which currently is around 68 billion. The pieces of this so called conspiracy theory started with the signing of this in 1994 and the pieces are slowly coming together for American Sovereignty to be taken away in 2010.

A year ago I would have said you were crazy, but today I know you are 100% correct and that there is little that we as American citizens can do to stop it. Americans will no longer have rights under the law as we know today...So all of these open border freaks get ready to lose your freedoms as you know them !

Old 04-03-2007, 01:22 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsing View Post
My thoughts:
There are two main groups who benefit from having large numbers of illegal aliens in the US
1) Businesses- because they can pay them below market wages or pay them under the table, they do not have many of the costs ethical businesses do such as offering a health care plan to employees.
2) Political parties- probably the democrats more than the republicans. They are just licking their chops at the thought of all those new voters. In many area they are already seeing rewards as I strongly suspect illegals vote where minimal verification is needed to cast a ballot. Why not? They are no strangers to breaking the law and probably feel this is one of their 'rights'. You see, when our House of La Raza Rep. little Luis Guttierez starts holding 'voter registration clinics' I get suspicious.

Others benefit also but IMO, these are the main two.
The big lose is the US taxpayer. We are left to foot the bill for unpaid medical bills, including delivery of anchors. Some of these bills run into astronomical figures and the hospital is left writing it off-there is no way they are going to collect. To add insult to injury, when a state complains loudly enough about the huge medical bills it is saddled with courtesy of the govts failure to enforce the immigration laws and Uncle Sam agrees to kick in a few bucks, the money is taken out of Medicare! What a hoot! Senior citizens can't afford prescription drugs and Medicare funds are being used to pay for illegals!
The US taxpayer loses when ERs/hospitals eventually are forced to close their doors leaving US citizens with fewer places to go for emergency care and a longer drive. This also leads to a domino effect: as one ER closes additional strain is placed on surrounding ERs as they are forced to take in additional patients until they too are in danger of collapse. When they go under, stress is placed on the next group of hospitals- you get the idea.
Millions of anchors and their illegal siblings must be educated by law. This is where the homeowner really takes it to the jaw. These new students are often way behind academically and require ESL classes. Both remedial education and ESL are very expensive, leading to a cost/student that is typically much higher than the expenses a US student incurs. School overcrowding is another serious issue. When a community estimates the number of students that will be using the school system, they probably plan on a med. sized home with three bedrooms sending between 2-4 children into the schools. However, when 4 illegal families are living in that home, instead of a max. of 4 kids, 10 kids show up for school. The illegal families each pay only a portion of the property taxes, too. What a deal!- for them.

Why don't we do something about it? There are many fairly rabid ethnic advocacy groups who have convinced these individuals that they have a 'right' to be here and are entitled to the same privileges as an American citizen. Your typical illegal alien has not had the equivalent of a HS civics class and knows little about the US, so why would they not believe LaRaza, MECha, etc.? These people play the race card every time anyone tries to address the problem in an effective fashion and our govt backs right down.
People have also allowed thmselves to be truncheoned into docility by the old 'there are so many of them we can't possibly do anything' argument.
An est. 25 million people traveled by air during the 12 day Thanksgiving holiday last year. We should be able to move out 12 million in a year or so.
Throwing up our hands and granting amnesty in any form is only going to encourage more to come here illegaly ( read about the 1886 amnesty fiasco). As far as I am concerned, we can do whatever we put our mind to. We are the country that put a man on the moon basically flying by the seat of our pants.The computer technology in today’s cars, minivans, SUVs and trucks is nearly one thousand times more powerful than that which guided the Apollo moon mission ......how did we do that? IF we decided to enforce the immigration laws already on the books, the ilegals would eventually be gone, either through deportation or enforced attrition (once they see the gravy train is no longer running, they will self-deport).
Don't give up yet. Go to FAIR or NumbersUSA (you can send a free fax to your congress cretin) and help us make a difference.

AB

Old 04-05-2007, 11:23 AM

489 posts, read 2,016,420 times
Default Received in my email today

Brilliantly stated, it is entitled:

"Let's say I break into your house"

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials
in ages!!! It explains things better than all
the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place
across the country protesting the fact that Congress
is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that
the US might protect its own
borders, might make it harder
to sneak into this country and,
once here, to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand
the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover
me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, "I've made all
the beds and washed the
dishes and did the laundry
and swept the floors. I've
done all the things you don't
like to do. I'm hard-working
and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:

You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because
he is also hard-working and honest, except for that
breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out,
I will call my friends who will picket your
house carrying signs that proclaim my
RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have
a nicer house than I do, and I'm just
trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working
and honest, person, except for well,
you know, I did break into your house

And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a
fraction of the cost of my keep, and
there is nothing you can do about it
without being accused of cold,
uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and
bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you to learn
MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous
this is?! Only in America ..

If you don't agree, you can always blow it off.........
along with your future Social Security funds, and a lot of other things.

Such an obvious problem in the U.S. Why are so many people in denial? We invade other countries for war to prevent terrorist attacks and invasions, and yet, we do all of that WHILE OUR INFRASTRUCTURE AND QUALITY OF LIFE ARE UNDER ATTACK RIGHT HERE ON OUR OWN SOIL, AND WHILE WE ARE ALREADY BEING INVADED?! I don't understand, either.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM

942 posts, read 1,394,831 times
As far as I am concerned it has got to the point it is for one big reason. We are told over and over they take jobs that none of us want. Well Im sorry, some of us do want them, but I don't completely blame the illegal person, the US is using these people as a form of glorified slavery, that they are a group of people that are beneath the US citizen, I don't believe anyone should be here illegally, and I am quite tired of the masses coming here in that manner, but I blame the governement for alot of this also.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,436,575 times
How true Oregon, how true...Fed Up paints a very accurate pic here!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:20 PM

606 posts, read 700,033 times
America is strict for legal immigrants and tolerant of illegal immigrants.
Australia,is pretty easy to immigrate legally.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:34 PM

178 posts, read 416,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post

Here is a brand new web site, just getting off the ground, that you are going to love! They are discussing all of these things.
http://www.patriotscorner.com/forums/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration