Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 12:32 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times

Advertisements

Just how silly can this issue with Arizona get?

With the number of non-white people and hispanic-whites in Arizona, just how many people are going to get "unreasonably" pulled over and asked for proof of citizenship?

The law requires a valid drivers license or other proof of legal residency if the person is arrested for a crime.

If the logic is that there will be "abuse" - Well! It will certainly not be on the scale of abuse of those illegally entering this country....That's in the millions.

We are a sovereign nation...We have the rights to protect our borders. Everyone here illegally is a criminal.

And, this is the insecurity of the illegals sympathizers and the hispanic political groups that have dreams of grandeur of doubling their population (effectively invading this country).

Many of us supported the last amnesty, but were indeed worried that this might be the result. And, indeed the worse nightmare is coming true. This is a demonstration of total lack of respect for this country.

There are many good hispanic people in this country - My fear is that this issue of another amnesty will create an ethnic divide that this country has never experienced before.

If it was done correctly from the beginning, rather than just an uncontrolled invasion, with no respect for our laws, and in spite of the last amnesty , then there would be more support.

This nonsense about how we are all immigrants is an insult to all that worked, fought and died to create this nation. We already established ourselves as a sovereign nation and passed laws - It stopped being the "new world" more than 300 years ago.

And if anyone wants to respond with the nonsense about "Well what about the Native Americans?"...Yeah, what about them?..They had all this land, and when Europeans came the "Native Americans" set the precedent of butchering women and children....

...Oh!..I'm sorry - The politically correct term according to the liberal establishment is "The Native Americans traditionally disfigured and dismembered their foes"...It's only when the whites retailiation is spoken about that it is called "butchery".

And so the nonsense now continues...The illegals aren't breaking our immigration laws - We're just being racists....Baloney!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,794,627 times
Quote:
How frightened and insecure are the illegals sympathizers?
If status updates I've seen on FB are any indication, it's more or less the end of the world and mark of the beast type stuff. Not that these people are impacted in any way, shape or form by the issue and live nowhere near any US border. But according to them it's time to panic!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:20 AM

313 posts, read 344,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
If status updates I've seen on FB are any indication, it's more or less the end of the world and mark of the beast type stuff. Not that these people are impacted in any way, shape or form by the issue and live nowhere near any US border. But according to them it's time to panic!
Want to see more panic? Tell Arizona residents they need to carry permits for their assault rifles!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Just how silly can this issue with Arizona get?

With the number of non-white people and hispanic-whites in Arizona, just how many people are going to get "unreasonably" pulled over and asked for proof of citizenship?

The law requires a valid drivers license or other proof of legal residency if the person is arrested for a crime.

If the logic is that there will be "abuse" - Well! It will certainly not be on the scale of abuse of those illegally entering this country....That's in the millions.

We are a sovereign nation...We have the rights to protect our borders. Everyone here illegally is a criminal.

And, this is the insecurity of the illegals sympathizers and the hispanic political groups that have dreams of grandeur of doubling their population (effectively invading this country).

Many of us supported the last amnesty, but were indeed worried that this might be the result. And, indeed the worse nightmare is coming true. This is a demonstration of total lack of respect for this country.

There are many good hispanic people in this country - My fear is that this issue of another amnesty will create an ethnic divide that this country has never experienced before.

If it was done correctly from the beginning, rather than just an uncontrolled invasion, with no respect for our laws, and in spite of the last amnesty , then there would be more support.

This nonsense about how we are all immigrants is an insult to all that worked, fought and died to create this nation. We already established ourselves as a sovereign nation and passed laws - It stopped being the "new world" more than 300 years ago.

And if anyone wants to respond with the nonsense about "Well what about the Native Americans?"...Yeah, what about them?..They had all this land, and when Europeans came the "Native Americans" set the precedent of butchering women and children....

...Oh!..I'm sorry - The politically correct term according to the liberal establishment is "The Native Americans traditionally disfigured and dismembered their foes"...It's only when the whites retailiation is spoken about that it is called "butchery".

And so the nonsense now continues...The illegals aren't breaking our immigration laws - We're just being racists....Baloney!!!
First of all that is not the State law in Arizona, so all the rest is gobbly-go0k.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
What's really strange is that they don't seem to realize that what now can be done in Arizona is already done in some other places.

One of my former neighbors got in a bar fight, the bar owner had to call the police and that guy ended up being deported because he spoke no English at all, had no ID on him. Another former neighbor was picked up for selling marijuana is now back in Mexico. He's working over there now. No big deal.

The pro-open borders side want no one deported, once over the border, they believe they must be handed their citizenship as a reward for getting over here.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Since 1940ish, all aliens are required to carry proof of legal presence in the US. Federal law. Whats the hoopla in AZ all about? Get your papers in order and move along, nothing to see.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's really strange is that they don't seem to realize that what now can be done in Arizona is already done in some other places.

One of my former neighbors got in a bar fight, the bar owner had to call the police and that guy ended up being deported because he spoke no English at all, had no ID on him. Another former neighbor was picked up for selling marijuana is now back in Mexico. He's working over there now. No big deal.

The pro-open borders side want no one deported, once over the border, they believe they must be handed their citizenship as a reward for getting over here.
Agreed, we have a liberal process to come legally. I don't think Citizenship is supposed to be based simply on "want". 5 Grand would go a long way to coming here legally.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Since 1940ish, all aliens are required to carry proof of legal presence in the US. Federal law. Whats the hoopla in AZ all about? Get your papers in order and move along, nothing to see.
It isn't done often where I live but it is sometimes done, someone is arrested for some other reason and it's discovered that individual isn't here legally and out they go.

I guess because La Raza doesn't find out that someone is back over in Mexico, they don't protest and carry on about it.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:37 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Then, bye bye. Prove you are legally here or "won't see ya!" I could never understand the "pro-stay in this country because you are a criminal" stance anyway. I'm ready to deport all whiners at this point.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:45 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Then, bye bye. Prove you are legally here or "won't see ya!" I could never understand the "pro-stay in this country because you are a criminal" stance anyway. I'm ready to deport all whiners at this point.

Arizona mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration