Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Julie Erfle, whose husband Nick Erfle died in a central Phoenix gunfight after he and a partner stopped a man for jaywalking, told Channel 12 (KPNX) and The Arizona Republic that policymakers need to cut through the "rhetoric" and "fear-mongering" to try to achieve an [COLOR=#0000ee !important][COLOR=#0000ee !important]immigration[/color][/color]

-enforcement solution that would better protect police officers - not only from violence, but from the perception that they engage in racial profiling.
Quote:
"My concern with this bill, though, is what it does to law enforcement," she said. "This bill puts them under a microscope. I feel it's a no-win situation for an officer. I don't think it keeps officers safe."
The mother of two boys aged 9 and 5 said she would like to see Arizona congressional leaders work with the federal [COLOR=#0000ee !important][COLOR=#0000ee !important]government[/color][/color]

to achieve lasting immigration reform rather than putting the burden on local police.
Read more: Widow of officer slain by illegal immigrant criticizes new law

Erfle, the widow of a deceased peace officer, stated that the new Arizona law put law enforcement in a position where they would be sued on boths sides. Says that her husband would have "infuriated" by today's Arizona politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
alota cop wives hate their husbands, divorce rate for cops here is near 100%.
not surprise she had a few less than kind words.
btw cops off duty often are not fun, they put up with all of our garbage, i mean all of it, you know the stuff we refuse to deal with. dont be a parent just dial 911.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,048,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
alota cop wives hate their husbands, divorce rate for cops here is near 100%.
not surprise she had a few less than kind words.
btw cops off duty often are not fun, they put up with all of our garbage, i mean all of it, you know the stuff we refuse to deal with. dont be a parent just dial 911.
I used to work with LE agencies so I know some of the dynamics you mention. However, we cant generalize. We cant say that she hated her husband and that is why she is speaking against it. Certainly, not every cop is against the AZ law, nor every cop in favor of AZ law.

Another reason why she is very upset is because they used her husband's name to lure people to buy into their polical stance as well as for financial reasons.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:36 AM

111 posts, read 132,564 times
Amazing how much generalizing and assumptions are made here, both funny and scary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration