Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM

25 posts, read 18,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
they are bringing race into it and that is a mistake.
"what does an Illegal Immigrant look like"?
it depends on where you are
in Arizona they look Hispanic
in Maine they look white
is that racist or fact?
I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Are they passing a similar initiative for illegal Canadians and Irish in Maine or something?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:09 PM

683 posts, read 430,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
Are you really that docile? You would support the KKK if it got rid of illegals?
Honest question, hoping for an answer.

KKK actually would be happy to take your support to get rid of illegals.
I would much rather the US Government handle this problem and get rid of illegals by enforcing the current federal laws of this country but the chances of that happening given the current administration is zero. All I'm saying is, someone has to fix this problem and anyone who steps up to do it will and has been labeled a racist. I've given up trying to reason with the idiots who want to make this about race, if they want everything to be about racism, fine.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 PM

752 posts, read 1,466,349 times
Quote:
I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Are they passing a similar initiative for illegal Canadians and Irish in Maine or something?
one of the questions they asked her is " what does an illegal immigrant look like?"
why do you think they asked that?
they wanted to tie racism to the law that Arizona passed
she answered "I don't know"
she knows
she just cant say it because its not "politically correct"
there is no right answer when your standing at a podium on public television.
what nobody wants to say is that for them to weed out illegal aliens in Arizona there basically has to be some sort of racial profiling.
are you going to ask every white,black and Asian person if they are a citizen when your looking for illegal Mexican immigrants? or are you going to ask everyone who could be Mexican?
its common sense
but they cant say that on tv.
there's no right answer
unfortunately for the greater good
a few good and legal people of Hispanic background
may have to deal with a few inconveniences
the real question is wether or not they are willing to do whats best for the country without complaining.
all I can offer is
if it was reversed and they were looking for Canadians
I would do my part without complaining.
that doesnt mean the media wouldn't make a circus out of it and that every white guy would comply without complaint.
the country is very divided.
show me a solution that doesn't involve the possibility of infringing on someones rights and I will show you a group of people who would find a reason to protest anyway.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
This isn't from ALIPAC or Fox, so I'll doubt you'll watch the whole thing and try to get something out of it, but I'll try anyway. Try to get past the host, and take in the facts and draw your own conclusion.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow- Racist roots of Arizona law
I got 2 minutes into the video until Maddow flat out lies about the AZ law claiming that police are required to check the papers of anyone who looks like an illegal, that's a blatant lie so there's no reason to continue watching the rest of the clip IMO.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
I got 2 minutes into the video until Maddow flat out lies about the AZ law claiming that police are required to check the papers of anyone who looks like an illegal, that's a blatant lie so there's no reason to continue watching the rest of the clip IMO.
Don't be a stereotype. Listen to the whole thing. She is giving her OPINION, but the thing she brings up about the people behind SB 1070, and the politicians supporting it in other states are FACTS.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM

38,578 posts, read 22,453,495 times
Quote:
The Far-Right Movement Behind Arizona Copycat Bills By Seth Freed Wessler

The media seems to stop at Russel Pearce and Jan Brewer, not going too much deeper into who is behind these laws.
Writing a law which follows federal immigration laws.... ohhhh.... the horror.... the horror.....

Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
one of the questions they asked her is " what does an illegal immigrant look like?"
why do you think they asked that?
they wanted to tie racism to the law that Arizona passed
she answered "I don't know"
she knows
she just cant say it because its not "politically correct"
there is no right answer when your standing at a podium on public television.
what nobody wants to say is that for them to weed out illegal aliens in Arizona there basically has to be some sort of racial profiling.
are you going to ask every white,black and Asian person if they are a citizen when your looking for illegal Mexican immigrants? or are you going to ask everyone who could be Mexican?
its common sense
but they cant say that on tv.
there's no right answer
unfortunately for the greater good
a few good and legal people of Hispanic background
may have to deal with a few inconveniences
the real question is wether or not they are willing to do whats best for the country without complaining.
all I can offer is
if it was reversed and they were looking for Canadians
I would do my part without complaining.
that doesnt mean the media wouldn't make a circus out of it and that every white guy would comply without complaint.
the country is very divided.
show me a solution that doesn't involve the possibility of infringing on someones rights and I will show you a group of people who would find a reason to protest anyway.
So if they are saying they are going to question people who look like illegal immigrants, you think asking them what an illegal immigrant looks like is unreasonable?

Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 PM

38,578 posts, read 22,453,495 times
Quote:
Don't be a stereotype. Listen to the whole thing. She is giving her OPINION, but the thing she brings up about the people behind SB 1070, and the politicians supporting it in other states are FACTS.
As a media person on a major cable news network, she has a duty to speak the truth and not flat out lie and mislead.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:26 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
I don't care if the KKK teamed up with the NAACP, LA RAZA, Hitler and Baby Jesus in the Partridge family bus and ran down to the border to stop illegals from flooding across.
Quote:
Are you really that docile? You would support the KKK if it got rid of illegals?
Honest question, hoping for an answer.

KKK actually would be happy to take your support to get rid of illegals.
FAIL! You neglected to note the above groups alongside the Klan: the list provided by the mean fish is rather equal opportunity--------Jesus was a Jew.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
What stereotype? A typical guy who doesn't waste his time listening to media members who lie to advance a liberal political agenda? Sign me up, I'll be the poster child for that stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration