Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 04:16 PM

25 posts, read 18,358 times

Advertisements

http://www.colorlines.com/article.php?ID=713

Quote:
Rather, the bills—which legislators have discussed or introduced in at least 11 states—are the fruits of a concerted political strategy seeded by the far-right group Federation for American Immigration Reform, which has taken money from a eugenics foundation and was created by a man who warned of a “Latin onslaught.”
Quote:
But Tanton’s FAIR network is no mere collection of researchers and legal advocates. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, FAIR has accepted more than $1 million in grants from the Pioneer Fund, which espouses a connection between race and intelligence and has supported eugenics projects for more than 70 years. In 2007, the Southern Poverty Law Center added FAIR to its list of organized hate groups because of FAIR and Tanton’s connections with white supremacist organizations and funders.
Quote:
It’s now clear that the Arizona law emerged because FAIR and a number of its organizational offspring used the Grand Canyon State as a staging ground for the first in what they hoped would be an onslaught of similar state laws. In at least seven of the 11 states where SB 1070-like legislation has been introduced or where legislators have said they’re drafting it, the lawmakers behind the efforts are members of FAIR’s state legislators’ group.
The media seems to stop at Russel Pearce and Jan Brewer, not going too much deeper into who is behind these laws.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
The Far-Right Movement Behind Arizona Copycat Bills By Seth Freed Wessler

The media seems to stop at Russel Pearce and Jan Brewer, not going too much deeper into who is behind these laws.
Does it matter as long as it is a fair and necessary law? This wouldn't be happening if the feds were doing their job.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM

752 posts, read 1,464,862 times
Far right...far left....donkeys...elephants...cant anyone think for themselves without belonging to some ridiculous radical group? nomatter which group you join you just turn into a sheep anyway.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:24 PM

683 posts, read 429,912 times
I don't care if the KKK teamed up with the NAACP, LA RAZA, Hitler and Baby Jesus in the Partridge family bus and ran down to the border to stop illegals from flooding across.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,487,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
I don't care if the KKK teamed up with the NAACP, LA RAZA, Hitler and Baby Jesus in the Partridge family bus and ran down to the border to stop illegals from flooding across.
STANDING OVATION!

(The newb who started this thread is posting from a radical website and thinks this has any merit at all here)

/end of thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
STANDING OVATION!

(The newb who started this thread is posting from a radical website and thinks this has any merit at all here)

/end of thread
So you are saying FAIR has no hand in SB1070?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Are you really that docile? You would support the KKK if it got rid of illegals?
Honest question, hoping for an answer.

KKK actually would be happy to take your support to get rid of illegals.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
STANDING OVATION!

/end of thread
This isn't from ALIPAC or Fox, so I'll doubt you'll watch the whole thing and try to get something out of it, but I'll try anyway. Try to get past the host, and take in the facts and draw your own conclusion.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow- Racist roots of Arizona law

Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 PM

752 posts, read 1,464,862 times
they are bringing race into it and that is a mistake.
"what does an Illegal Immigrant look like"?
it depends on where you are
in Arizona they look Hispanic
in Maine they look white
is that racist or fact?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,868,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Does it matter as long as it is a fair and necessary law? This wouldn't be happening if the feds were doing their job.
I am so tired of everyone making this about race. It is NOT about race. I would love to see the pro-illegal crowd know what is like to live in fear of having an illegal kill or rape you, steal your possessions and take them to Mexico, and steal your identity just for the sake of taking a job from an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration