Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 04:03 AM

50,435 posts, read 64,222,797 times

Advertisements

I have to admit that my concentration wandered before I got through reading the bill. It's a pain to read all capital letters...

If you and I are required to provide ID when asked by a police officer, then why shouldn't a person from south of the border be? If I were a legal immigrant or a native born citizen, why would I object to being asked for my ID?

Arizona is talking about illegals from Mexico. They are not concerned that they are being overrun by Swedes or Canadians. Of course they are going to profile for folks who look Central and South American, Duh.

In the first part of the bill it mentions that AZ hopes to lessen illegal immigration through attrition. I believe this is working already, since illegals from Mexico are avoiding Arizona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 05:07 AM

199 posts, read 404,633 times
Your state...LOL..This is America and its about time someone takes a stand to the Immigration Issues that have been ignored for decades.....Every Country in this World has their laws and bylaws about Immigration....Why in America do people think they can come here and change or oppose the law? Can American Citizens go to another country and oppose their Immigration laws and protest in the streets? As for the Sheriff; I cannot say what he is doing is right or wrong...my views on it he should stay in his state and clean it out first

Would it be wrong if Immigration and other Law Enforcement Departments go to the rallies they are having in the public streets and start rounding up all the Illegal people that are there?

But my question is to all the people that think it is wrong with the Arizona Law? Suppose America drafts up a bill stating their will be no more Naturalization being held at this time....better yet if you are here in America on a temporary visa you must report to INS every two weeks and before recieving your VISA we will wear a montoring device on you to insure the American Citizens we have things under control?

All the people that votes NO will be like it is HUMAN to treat humans this way and a bunch of garbage right....hmmmmmmm.......but right here in America we treat our own citizens that very way every day...........ask the people on parole/probation.......some of them are electronically monitored and have to report every week

So we can sit here and go back and forth on this issue.....but the bottom line is that if you are here illegal you need to go back and come the right way into America

Like I said Millions of times this Immigration Issues does not only involve the Mexicans ....their are many more people escaping from their countries and coming to America..........and when they get here they think they are entitle to the same benefits as American Citizens...WRONG......I feel if you are Illegally in America and have children that are born in America you should not be entitle to stay here.....you should make the same decision like a person in jail would have to make for doing something illegal....go back to your country......or give the child to an relative and you have to leave....plain and simple....if Americans have to follow laws what is wrong with the Illegal Aliens

Old 05-09-2010, 05:21 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,958,601 times

Fully SUPPORT the law. The first guy they should go after is the idiot holding that sign. And supporters of illegal immigrants want more of this?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:24 AM

199 posts, read 404,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

Fully SUPPORT the law. The first guy they should go after is the idiot holding that sign. And supporters of illegal immigrants want more of this?
I agree 100%

Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 AM

292 posts, read 544,888 times
It's obvious from that picture, that illegals are perverts and sick.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,093,239 times
Default read it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Absolutely not. I'll never support anything that allows, much less encourages, racial profiling.
read the law and obey it..

Old 05-09-2010, 08:41 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,738,809 times
1. That picture has already been proven Photoshopped, just race baiting
2. If you wanted something done about immigration any time in the past two decades you could have talked to Congress. I know Kyl and McCain have done nothing for decades.
3. The problem on the Border is DRUG TRAFFIC so those who use marijuana are more at fault than migrant farm workers

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
That sign is a hoax. But it's interesting what a good hoax it is -- very believable, and you never see illegals protesting for their right to pay a hospital bill.

What's funny with the pro-open borders side, is that many don't even realize that rarely an illegal is deported and for the same reasons they will be in Arizona.

For example on of my former neighbors was deported after he got in a bar fight, the brawl was serious enough that police were called in, and they discovered the guy was here illegally. Now he's back in his own country.

The pro-illegals don't know about that case so they aren't protesting it - but once in a blue moon an illegal caught in some crime is deported. Most are allowed to go on their merry way even though it's clear they aren't legally in this country.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,738,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have to admit that my concentration wandered before I got through reading the bill. It's a pain to read all capital letters...

If you and I are required to provide ID when asked by a police officer, then why shouldn't a person from south of the border be? If I were a legal immigrant or a native born citizen, why would I object to being asked for my ID?

Arizona is talking about illegals from Mexico. They are not concerned that they are being overrun by Swedes or Canadians. Of course they are going to profile for folks who look Central and South American, Duh.

In the first part of the bill it mentions that AZ hopes to lessen illegal immigration through attrition. I believe this is working already, since illegals from Mexico are avoiding Arizona.
Everyone is avoiding Arizona, the impact is already in the tens of millions. Soon we'll lose major league sports. The hotel industry is crashing

Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,661,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
LOL, I also support oppressive police states such as Arizona. Please just keep it in Arizona and keep it the hell out of my state. The idiot sheriff Joe Arpaio from Arizona had the nerve to come here and preach his b.s. Luckily, he was met with strong opposition.

AZ Sheriff wants similar immigration law in NV - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12449841 - broken link)
Well now, this attitude of yours can help the citizens of Arizona.
All they have to do is provide a nice air conditioned bus at the border and send all illegals to Nevada.
They can pay for the bus and save the billions that your state will have to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration