Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 PM

15 posts, read 20,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Where does this law state Mexicans only to be questioned? You are confused over the bill. It allows officers to question anyone, I repeat, ANYONE who they suspect to be here illegally for proof of residency. I think they could also question many Asians in San Francisco but it is a sanctuary city but it attracts many Asians coming in on the cargo ships. We just happen to live next to Mexico therefore attracting many hispanic people. You seem to want to throw logic out the window over this bill.

Did you know that recently here in AZ a large number of illegals were caught in the desert and the majority of those had criminal records? We realy don't need more criminals.
Just comes to show that bills like these don't work. It's not like this bill is going to automatically wipe out all criminals. I am saying the racial profiling part is wrong about the bill. I mean how can you tell an illegal apart from a US citizen simply by looking at a person? You can't, so it is ridiculous! How's that for logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman82 View Post
Easy for you to say! I have lived here for DECADES this is MY neighborhood! the Hispanic Illegal Immigrants did not move here till the late 90's/early 2000's. I will be moving out of state within the next few years.. but you can ONLY RUN SO FAR!.. uneducated Illegal Immigrants.. coming to a neighborhood near you!! on another note (not sure why I am even wasting my time commenting to your ignorant comments) the children of Illegal Immigrants DO qualify for a slew of safety net programs, which their parents directly benefit from. don't give me that "they cant get anything" line. And Mexican's ARE the vast majority of Illegal Immigrants in America, so it would make sense they would be disproportionately deported under the AZ law. Concerning the FBI, well they are working hard to catch those criminals, that comment was complete rubbish. The AZ top 10 list.. what is your point? there is alot of South American names on it, but THEY DO NOT PUBLISH THE CITIZENSHIP STATUS of those individuals. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, but there is 0 logic in your posts.. please think about what you are writing before you post. Thanks.
Well I have lived here for all of my life as well. And judging by the way you get all heated I guess I struck a nerve. They say that truth doesn't hurt but it does make you uncomfortable. Have a nice move and say hi to your new illegal neighbor for me. For all you know he can be a rich, fair skinned, blue eyed man, who was born in Mexico and you wouldn't even know it. You would let yourself fell at ease because he doesn't "look" illegal. Good luck with that attitude.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
In 1997, the illegal alien population was 54 percent Mexican.The illegal alien population is currently 70 percent Mexican, with 30 percent coming from other countries. Latin America, including Mexico is the source of 90 percent of illegal aliens entering into the United States.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...cs/illegal.pdf

The Arizona law strictly prohibits racial profiling. You should read it sometime, you know, just for sh*ts and giggles. If the American people have a tendency to believe that Latino = illegal immigrant, there may be a good reason for that based upon the U.S. government's own numbers (see above bolded statement).

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's some pretty solid evidence to believe that it is indeed, a duck.
Well there is a saying that also says " It takes one to know one".

Old 06-22-2010, 01:48 PM

79 posts, read 144,156 times
Hmmmm, makes me wonder. Know what the current definition of a "racist" is? Someone who's winning an argument with a liberal.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Are you for REAL? Ever hear of Anchor Babies and Identity theft? You're right Mexicans are not the only ones that come here Illegally,but they are by far the vast majority of Illegal Aliens and the worst offenders due to their vast numbers.What percentage are from Mexico 75% maybe more?All Illegal Aliens need to be deported.
DEPORTATION,DEPORTATION,SI SE PUEDE,SI SE PUEDE!!!!tIME IS RUNNING OUT AND IT IS COMING!!

What would happen with the rest of the Mexican community who are US citizens? Would they magically dissapear and then you would feel safe? Oh now mommy my hispanic neighbor is looking at me! Get real. You guys act like this saves the world. For all I know you could be of Mexican descent and your parents came here on immigration as well.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
Everybody knows that most illegals are hispanic, but that doesn't mean that most hispanics are illegal. Do the math, the census in 2000 counted over 36 million LEGAL hispanics in the U.S. Why would anybody advocate a law specifically designed to potentially harass 36 million of our own citizens. It's like when the united states put japanese in camps during WW2..It's heart wrenching how many people support a law that takes us back to the indiscretions of the first half of the last century!! And people are actually proud of this!!
I agree with you! Good Post and my point exactly. People here seem to think that I don't think some illegals come here and commit crimes, but like those there are others who don't. I am arguing the fact that Cheeto says above, the harrassment of US citizens is not fair.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Potentially harrass? Did you read the bill? Racial profiling is prohibited. Yeah, and I could potentially be hit by a car today.
Yea well the point of the bill is this: Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

What IS reasonable suspicion? I mean when you drive to work in the morning, how do you reasonably suspect if the person in the car next to you is an illegal? There is no such text in the law that states racial profiling is prohibited. Source: SB1070 - 492R - Senate Fact Sheet

Old 06-22-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
In 1997, the illegal alien population was 54 percent Mexican.The illegal alien population is currently 70 percent Mexican, with 30 percent coming from other countries. Latin America, including Mexico is the source of 90 percent of illegal aliens entering into the United States.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...cs/illegal.pdf

The Arizona law strictly prohibits racial profiling. You should read it sometime, you know, just for sh*ts and giggles. If the American people have a tendency to believe that Latino = illegal immigrant, there may be a good reason for that based upon the U.S. government's own numbers (see above bolded statement).

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's some pretty solid evidence to believe that it is indeed, a duck.
Spot on! Funny how so few back up their statements with facts.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrilady View Post
I agree with you! Good Post and my point exactly. People here seem to think that I don't think some illegals come here and commit crimes, but like those there are others who don't. I am arguing the fact that Cheeto says above, the harrassment of US citizens is not fair.
You've contradicted yourself here. All illegals commited an act of crime by entering our sovereign country ILLEGALLY.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:26 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,882,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrilady View Post
What would happen with the rest of the Mexican community who are US citizens? Would they magically dissapear and then you would feel safe? Oh now mommy my hispanic neighbor is looking at me! Get real. You guys act like this saves the world. For all I know you could be of Mexican descent and your parents came here on immigration as well.
Your ignorance is astounding, can you not read or are you IGNORANT. Legal AMERICANS of Mexican Descent are welcome, Illegal Aliens are not. Take your stupidity and ignorance elsewhere. You have no grounds for an arguement. Maybe you and your ILLEGAL friends and Family are feeling the heat. GOOD !!! No I am not of Mexican descent and it is irrelevant. ILLEGAL= ILLEGAL. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND GET AN EDUCATION BEFORE YOU RANT OFF TOPIC NEXT TIME!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration