Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 PM

15 posts, read 20,254 times

Advertisements

Well it's kinda hard to "Leech" on a system that requires valid SSN and ID to apply, oh wait a minute...if they have those two requirement then they are AMERICAN. Common sense really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM

I would say if you live in a neighborhood like that..you are no better than the rest of the people who live there...Moral of the story: MOVE.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:58 PM

Find the illegal:
Arizona's Most Wanted Fugitives - Arizona Department of Public Safety (http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Most_Wanted/Wanted/ - broken link)

Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,771,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
right. if this place is so "MEAN" to them (boo hoo) why do they want to stay ???
Because in truth, we treat our illegal guests like cousins most of the time. We have for years now looked the other way while we paid for their child birth, children's education and health care, as well as provide housing and foodstamps to them and their relatives. On the news today the reporter mentioned that here in AZ alone, illegals cost AZ over 2 Billion a year. That is huge and could be going to help American citizens who find themselves without any help in this economy. In truth, if they were treated so badly, they would go home. I know I would.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yeah...illegals boycotting America, great commen sense thread.
Well it would certainly prove how much we would miss them. Besides, Mexicans have been boycotting the US for years by not going to work, not shopping at this or that store. Nothing new except they would have to give up the food stamps and Healthy Baby programs to do it.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangrilady View Post
People are confusing being here illegally with being a criminal. If you go to the FBI's most wanted website on the top ten list there is a diverse culture of people who are wanted. We should focus on capturing these felons too. Oh the mayority on this TOP list is American as in born in the US.
Where does this law state Mexicans only to be questioned? You are confused over the bill. It allows officers to question anyone, I repeat, ANYONE who they suspect to be here illegally for proof of residency. I think they could also question many Asians in San Francisco but it is a sanctuary city but it attracts many Asians coming in on the cargo ships. We just happen to live next to Mexico therefore attracting many hispanic people. You seem to want to throw logic out the window over this bill.

Did you know that recently here in AZ a large number of illegals were caught in the desert and the majority of those had criminal records? We realy don't need more criminals.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM

358 posts, read 395,692 times
Quote:
I would say if you live in a neighborhood like that..you are no better than the rest of the people who live there...Moral of the story: MOVE.
Easy for you to say! I have lived here for DECADES this is MY neighborhood! the Hispanic Illegal Immigrants did not move here till the late 90's/early 2000's. I will be moving out of state within the next few years.. but you can ONLY RUN SO FAR!.. uneducated Illegal Immigrants.. coming to a neighborhood near you!! on another note (not sure why I am even wasting my time commenting to your ignorant comments) the children of Illegal Immigrants DO qualify for a slew of safety net programs, which their parents directly benefit from. don't give me that "they cant get anything" line. And Mexican's ARE the vast majority of Illegal Immigrants in America, so it would make sense they would be disproportionately deported under the AZ law. Concerning the FBI, well they are working hard to catch those criminals, that comment was complete rubbish. The AZ top 10 list.. what is your point? there is alot of South American names on it, but THEY DO NOT PUBLISH THE CITIZENSHIP STATUS of those individuals. I understand everyone has a right to their opinion, but there is 0 logic in your posts.. please think about what you are writing before you post. Thanks.

Last edited by Iceman82; 05-18-2010 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-18-2010, 01:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,474,757 times
Sorry i feel the way i do, but our lovely FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has let us all down, both parties responsbile for this mess, if they had done their jobs correctly, when we first got into this illegal mess, they would of send their arses home, themselves, now we all find ourselves in a bigger mess, getting bigger by the moment. We send the wrong kind of messages to those in power, when we boycott Arizona, for doing the RIGHT THING, only morons, would want to boycott the States that actually give a darn, about the illegal situtation. Folks don't do anything now about the illegal mess, and in our Future, don't ----- when the problem is so out of hand, their is no fixing it.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,543,412 times
Quote:
People are confusing being here illegally with being a criminal. If you go to the FBI's most wanted website on the top ten list there is a diverse culture of people who are wanted. We should focus on capturing these felons too. Oh the mayority on this TOP list is American as in born in the US.
The FBI page that I found shows only two who "could" be Americans.

FBI - Most Wanted - The FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives

The question we should be asking is "Why do so many foreigners want to hurt Americans?"
Something about the United States draws people from around the world. Why are we so loved and hated at the same time? (I don't need an answer, just wondering.)
We welcome more foreign people into our country every year and we get crapped on for not letting everyone in.
It's time to take a good look at foreigners in our country and kick out those who DON'T belong here - before they have a chance to hurt another American.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Quote:
FYI Mexican People are not the only ones who come here illegally last I checked there are more countries on this planet other than the US. This only comes to show why this new law is biased towards Mexican people..
In 1997, the illegal alien population was 54 percent Mexican.The illegal alien population is currently 70 percent Mexican, with 30 percent coming from other countries. Latin America, including Mexico is the source of 90 percent of illegal aliens entering into the United States.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...cs/illegal.pdf

The Arizona law strictly prohibits racial profiling. You should read it sometime, you know, just for sh*ts and giggles. If the American people have a tendency to believe that Latino = illegal immigrant, there may be a good reason for that based upon the U.S. government's own numbers (see above bolded statement).

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, there's some pretty solid evidence to believe that it is indeed, a duck.

Last edited by Kele; 05-18-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration