Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree with you that illegal immigration needs to stop and certainly, Calderon will have to admit a great number of illegal immigrants back whether he likes it or not. However, not all will leave, I'm willing to bet that many will not leave. I'm also willing to bet that Mexico and the US ties are getting stronger and we will have to work together....both countries, whether we like it or not.
They will leave if there are no jobs or benefits for them including no more anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) --

The controversy over the Arizona law, which would make it a state crime to be in the country illegally, hung over Calderon's visit. Both leaders oppose the law, with Obama directing the Justice Department to review it for possible civil rights violations, and Calderon's government issuing a travel warning for Arizona, out of concern that Mexicans face an adverse political environment there.

Almost twice as many people support the Arizona law as those who oppose it, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll this month. It found that 42 percent favored it, 24 percent opposed it and another 29 percent said they were neutral.

Obama ramps up criticism of Ariz. immigration law - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-ramps-up-criticism-of-apf-3674889630.html?x=0&.v=11 - broken link)
A travel warning because Mexicans face an adverse political environment there?

What a load of crap. Is this President of Mexico a moron? There are no issues or problems with Mexicans. It is the ILLEGAL Mexicans. ILLEGAL. Should I say it again? ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!ILLEGAL Mexicans!

I am SO SICK OF THE this RACE card. Disgusting. If a Mexican applies and is granted a valid visa or US Citizenship, they are MORE than welcome here and face no problems. It is the ILLEGAL Mexicans.

Gosh, I just had to get that out.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
I'm so frustrated with how President Obama would even listen to Felipe Calderon on this level about this. I wonder if Obama is frank and honest with Felipe and tells him, "You know, ... just what are YOU going to do about your country? Because you're asking me all the time to cater to the millions of undocumented people here from your country, but I'm not hearing much of what you plan to do." Seriously, can we really be this stupid? They are pimping our country and Obama keeps inviting Calderon up for "talks" and you never hear of what Calderon is going to do to reduce the amount of illegal immigration. Is he saying, "We'll assist in deportation, we'll assist in deferring illegal immigration." It's ridiculous. What is the U.S. and its legal people getting out of these deals and these talks? Nothing. We're stuck with the bill and have to put up with all the negatives of illegal immigration.

I really feel frustrated as a legal citizen here. Can't Obama and his people see that they are getting played?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:30 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theliberalvoice View Post
a travel warning because mexicans face an adverse political environment there?

What a load of crap. Is this president of mexico a moron? There are no issues or problems with mexicans. it is the illegal mexicans. Illegal. Should i say it again? Illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!illegal mexicans!

i am so sick of the this race card. Disgusting. If a mexican applies and is granted a valid visa or us citizenship, they are more than welcome here and face no problems. it is the illegal mexicans.

gosh, i just had to get that out.
lololol...

Old 05-19-2010, 06:37 PM

787 posts, read 1,943,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Calderon should clean up his own backyard before he complains about this country....Hey, Felipe, how about opening Your own borders and treat your illegals aliens as well as they are treated here?

Where is your welcome mat?

Why doesn't mexico set an example of the value of open borders and lead the way ?

When You do that the feel free to complain about the sovereignty of the USA

Idiot !

That is interesting because from your posts I get the sense you WANT the US to act more like Mexico....not the other way around. If I am correct...then shouldn't you be praising Mexico for setting a lovely example for the U.S. to follow, rather than calling Calderon an idiot?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They will leave if there are no jobs or benefits for them including no more anchor babies.

People risk death to get into the US (from pilgirms to modern day boat people).....a lack of jobs (or benefits) will cause some to leave but many will stay.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:45 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama stepped up his criticism of Arizona's controversial immigration law Wednesday, calling it "misdirected" and warning that it has the potential to be applied in a discriminatory fashion.

Speaking at a joint news conference with Mexico's President Felipe Calderon, Obama called for overhauling the nation's immigration laws and said that can't be done unless Republicans support it.

The controversy over the Arizona law, which would make it a state crime to be in the country illegally, hung over Calderon's visit. Both leaders oppose the law, with Obama directing the Justice Department to review it for possible civil rights violations, and Calderon's government issuing a travel warning for Arizona, out of concern that Mexicans face an adverse political environment there.

Calderon made good on his pledge to take up the immigration issue during his meetings with Obama. He said the Arizona law criminalized migration and could encourage discrimination. He also called for the U.S. and Mexico to work together to solve the complex, politically sensitive immigration issue.

"We can do so if we create a safer border, a border that will unite us instead of dividing us, uniting our people," Calderon said. "We can do so with a community that will promote a dignified life in an orderly way for both our countries."

Almost twice as many people support the Arizona law as those who oppose it, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll this month. It found that 42 percent favored it, 24 percent opposed it and another 29 percent said they were neutral.

Obama ramps up criticism of Ariz. immigration law - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-ramps-up-criticism-of-apf-3674889630.html?x=0&.v=11 - broken link)
Yeah, I saw that, sounded like Obama was running for President of Mexico.....

I think he didn't paid attention to the oath he took on Jan 20th to up hold the laws of the United States....That or he's one dumb SOB....You make the call!!!!!!!

And this A.H...Calderon...is thinking about all of the money they will lose if illegals are sent home....

Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
People risk death to get into the US (from pilgirms to modern day boat people).....a lack of jobs (or benefits) will cause some to leave but many will stay.
Stay for what? How would they survive?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
That is interesting because from your posts I get the sense you WANT the US to act more like Mexico....not the other way around. If I am correct...then shouldn't you be praising Mexico for setting a lovely example for the U.S. to follow, rather than calling Calderon an idiot?
But we should be acting more like Mexico when it comes to enforcing our immigration laws. That is one thing Mexico has right. It makes Calderon a hypocrite when he suggests we don't have any right to enforce ours.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But we should be acting more like Mexico when it comes to enforcing our immigration laws. That is one thing Mexico has right. It makes Calderon a hypocrite when he suggests we don't have any right to enforce ours.

Yes, thanks for making my point for me....you guys (or girls) want the USA to emulate Mexico. It's pretty funny given how negative you all seem to be about Mexico....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration