Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:58 PM

50,449 posts, read 47,177,398 times

Advertisements

Looks like their staff will have to find another weekend golf destination on the tax payer dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 05:05 PM

346 posts, read 709,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did they finish with their hunger strike already?
They gave up after 10 days because the dean or someone in power called them into their office. From what I remember, they didn't get any of what they demanded though.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:57 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Berkeley approves boycott of Arizona | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/ap/berkeley-approves-boycott-of-arizona-94257524.html - broken link)
Would a list of the cities boycotting AZ be like a list indicating those cities taken over by marxist infiltration or just by radical amnesty democrats?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
They gave up after 10 days because the dean or someone in power called them into their office. From what I remember, they didn't get any of what they demanded though.
Actually, they did get one. UC Berkeley had to denounce AZ immigration bill. I thought the other ones were unreasonable.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,466,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are just not going to give this sillyness up, are you? How many people in AZ or anywhere else do you think really cares what the city council in Berkely does and when will some realize, it is simply a jesture, these boycotts mean nothing..They might be making a statement but that is all. Of course you have the other side, people in AZ that are saying they will boycott California, do you think that is bothering people in CA?

Nita
Well! yes it is bothering me, and very much. And i will tell you now, if the People in Power cared about the illegal problem currently going on, none of this nonesense would be going on now. Past Presidents, and our Current one, do they even care about this negative impact on our Country issue. Seems some use it more of a benefit to themselves. I blame them, and i feel that each individual State has that right as Arizona does, to do what is best for their own State, and other States as Mine California need to jsut BUD OUT! Fellow Californians mind your own P'S AND Q'S. Stay out of business that does not concern you. I will tell you what, why don't we just send all of the current illegals coming to this Country, UP TO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, because you won't care, if they do harm to your city! Sounds like a plan to me, They can all run a muck in your town.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:49 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,212,494 times
Quote:
Berkeley approves boycott of Arizona | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/ap/berkeley-approves-boycott-of-arizona-94257524.html - broken link)

Surprise,surprise ! ( sarc)

I recall a few years asgo when Berkeley city council members were making the talk radio show circuit explaining why their city council passed a resolution asking for the impeachment of President Bush.

Surprised that city council gets anything done in their city council meetings as they spend so much time passing resolutions on national issues.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,522,751 times
Quote:
Actually, they did get one. UC Berkeley had to denounce AZ immigration bill. I thought the other ones were unreasonable.
Like the Un-American idiots in Berkeley woud not have passed the boycott anyways.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,562,595 times
Berkeley, the city that didn't want America to respond to the 9/11 attacks, the city that ordered it's fire trucks to remove the American flags so as not to offend people in the city, the city that told US Marine Recruiting office they were unwanted and unwelcomed intruders to their city, the city that gave a free unlimited protest and noise permit to protesters to protest the Marine Recruiting office as well as their own parking space at the office, the city whose mayor (a former Army officer) stood outside the Marine recruiting office dressed in pink telling the Marines to get out of his city; that city is now protesting a state enforcing our nation's immigration laws. When the heck is this city going to fly the hammer and sickle flag?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:01 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,405,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are just not going to give this sillyness up, are you? How many people in AZ or anywhere else do you think really cares what the city council in Berkely does and when will some realize, it is simply a jesture, these boycotts mean nothing..They might be making a statement but that is all. Of course you have the other side, people in AZ that are saying they will boycott California, do you think that is bothering people in CA?

Nita
Agree with you on everything except the impact of boycotts. This is no laughing matter. Cities across the nation are taking similar action. Here's just a sampling:
Boston
St. Paul, Minn.
Oakland
San Diego
West Hollywood
El Paso (city and county)
Boulder, Colo.
Seattle.
Who is boycotting Arizona?

The Arizona tourist bureau met w/ the governor last week. The fact that Berkeley joined Oakland & San Francisco is to be expected. But cities have contracts with many Arizona firms. There are some big names on the list to be boycotted:
Arizona Boycott | Boycotting Arizona Companies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration