Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,648,468 times

Advertisements

North Carolina isn't on there and won't be for two years at least. Dem governor and legislature.

I will say though my county is very tough on illegals. I have posted before we are well known in Mexico as a major distribution area for all the drugs going to the northeast and midwest. A lot of rural area to cover here and lots of places to hide.

Our sheriff's departmart was just cleared by the ACLU thank you very much when it couldn't find any evidence regarding complaints filed about treatment of illegals. Don't mind those driver's license checkpoints at all!!!!!

It seems to me we are in the same shoes as Arizona. The feds wouldn't do anything so Arizona had to step up. Our state won't do anything so our county has to step up.

Hopefully soon we will all be on the same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 05:35 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,908,655 times
go team !!! Pass the law !!! too many land barnacles.....and where is all of this "bleeding heart" money coming from to support said barnacles ? The government is spending us all to death, and we are supposed to say "the more the merrier?"

Old 06-07-2010, 10:46 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,991,121 times
Liberal and conservative politicians have backed illegals. McCain was the Republican point man for getting illegals the path towards citizenship, remember?

This is one issue that many people, regardless of party affiliation, agree on.
Don't forget many hard working blacks were denied jobs to rebuild their own communities after Katrina in favor of illegals.

All of the black construction industry in California has been decimated due to illegals.

Jobs that were once a stepping stone for industrious poor people are no longer available. My own family worked its way up from poverty by starting through such jobs and I ended up with an MBA - working my way up, too, with no loans due when I completed my education.

We only give ammunition to the enemy if we divide ourselves into right and left on this issue. It is a serious enough problem that we should try to work together on it. Divided, we lose.

I would like to remind everyone that Al Sharpton initially make comments against illegals. He seems to be straddling the fence now, seeing which way the wind blows.

This thing hurts the entire country. We all gain to see them go home and to keep them out.

And I don't blame the illegals for wanting a better life for their families. Who would? Just, that it should not be at the expense of the taxpayers of our great nation. They free load off of us and take our jobs and only business gains.

If we get this bill passed in these states, the next thing to do is work on those anchor babies. There are both the spirit and the letter of the law and I am certain our foundling fathers did not have anchor babies in mind when they wrote that clause in the Constitution.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Liberal and conservative politicians have backed illegals. McCain was the Republican point man for getting illegals the path towards citizenship, remember?

If we get this bill passed in these states, the next thing to do is work on those anchor babies. There are both the spirit and the letter of the law and I am certain our foundling fathers did not have anchor babies in mind when they wrote that clause in the Constitution.
You have to remember, if a Republican supports illegal immigration, are they really conservative? In my book, no.

Actually I think the 14th Amendment was a Civil War era amendment, not to insult your intelligent post, just saying.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:25 PM

894 posts, read 1,128,369 times
McCain wasn't alone on that, he had his ole buddy Ted Kennedy working right along with him. McCain is a RHINO all the way. Now because he's facing strong opposition for reelection in AZ he's suddenly on the side of Americans that want the illegal immigration ended.

Well, if it wasn't for him and Kennedy, we would have never been in this mess to begin with. Those two are responsible for the first amnesty. Back then they said it was "just 3 Million" ... and it turned out to be more like 12 MIL.

Now they're saying it's "12 MIL" ... yeah, so if the difference is the same as last time, it'll end up being 21 MIL. This crap has to STOP!

At what point does our government finally say 'No?'

Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,858,022 times
I hope NH follows suit. We have an important election in November with Republicans looking to win back majorities in the state house and senate as well as the governorship. Also, we are replacing Judd Gregg. I would love to see Republicans state that if elected they'd work to implement a VT type law in NH. That would keep the illegals down in MA which would be the last state that would want to enforce the law...

Old 06-07-2010, 02:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
I hope NH follows suit. We have an important election in November with Republicans looking to win back majorities in the state house and senate as well as the governorship. Also, we are replacing Judd Gregg. I would love to see Republicans state that if elected they'd work to implement a VT type law in NH. That would keep the illegals down in MA which would be the last state that would want to enforce the law...
The VT law what is it? Did it pass or it's just under proposal, whatever it is?

Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You have to remember, if a Republican supports illegal immigration, are they really conservative? In my book, no.

Actually I think the 14th Amendment was a Civil War era amendment, not to insult your intelligent post, just saying.
Thanks. That's a whole other topic - what is a conservative and the downfall of the Republican party.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
McCain wasn't alone on that, he had his ole buddy Ted Kennedy working right along with him. McCain is a RHINO all the way. Now because he's facing strong opposition for reelection in AZ he's suddenly on the side of Americans that want the illegal immigration ended.

Well, if it wasn't for him and Kennedy, we would have never been in this mess to begin with. Those two are responsible for the first amnesty. Back then they said it was "just 3 Million" ... and it turned out to be more like 12 MIL.

Now they're saying it's "12 MIL" ... yeah, so if the difference is the same as last time, it'll end up being 21 MIL. This crap has to STOP!
Yes when Reagan gave them amnesty they all promised it would be the last time. Reagan said giving them amnesty was the thing he most regretted during his presidency.

I am an independent, but it is a sorry state to see how far we've sunk in these last years. This movement with our jobs going overseas and the push to pull in illegals has been going on for a long time, and it's all to fill the coffers of major corporations. Much of the illegal money is not even spent here. It goes back home to help families - probably to help more to come here.

We cannot allow this to happen again. Washingon promised it would never happen again and we must hold them to that promise.

There are enough poor in our own country without importing them, thank you.

We are now seeing a lot of black families that have successful lives. Many, like Oprah, are telling those that are not doing well to push harder and to help themselves. But the jobs that were opened to the poor to pull themselves up have now gone to these imported people.

So now we have a whole new group of people who are complaining of racism. Well, I don't think we are buying that story any longer.

At what point does our government finally say 'No?'

Old 06-07-2010, 06:45 PM

364 posts, read 244,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
mass is startn to come down hard
on ilegal aliens
ppl there are pisssed off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration