Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:28 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,247,255 times

Advertisements

A typical misinformed person who isn't actually familiar with the law, says:

Quote:
"What caught our attention was the absurdity of this law, and the notion that we all must look a certain way," continues the Cuban-American executive. "Once we talked about it, my creative team came back with the idea of the mask and the website [which went live on April 30. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube are also being used to spread the word]. Basically, this is all a satire of what is happening in Arizona."

To take part in this satire, all you have to do is go to Gringo Mask, choose the mask that best applies to you, download for free, print it, cut it, put an elastic band around it and… bingo! New face, new immigration status!
Miami Company Creates 'Gringo' Masks Over Arizona Immigration Law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 AM

346 posts, read 711,366 times
Isn't this considered offensive? I mean, assume Caucasians created "Hispanic" masks and wore them. Wouldn't the race card be flying like it was going out of style?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,901,457 times
So where was this Cuban when they were rounding up Haitians that just arrived in Miami in a boat?

The hypocrisy is mind-boggling. You never see La Raza protest when it's others being deported. They have their own agenda and really most of them aren't so stupid that they think the WHOLE world can move to the USA illegally, they just insist the WHOLE Latin American world move here illegally.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,112,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Isn't this considered offensive? I mean, assume Caucasians created "Hispanic" masks and wore them. Wouldn't the race card be flying like it was going out of style?
Remember the furor and outrage last Halloween when the "illegal alien" costume appeared with the mask of an off-world alien? And they were offended by *that*? Yet gringo masks are ok?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, so I'll be offended and hereby express my indignation at such racist behavior. I think I need some compensation, Mr. Obama!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 AM

559 posts, read 1,359,498 times
I'd say these masks are a step above the bandana face coverings most wear..........

Old 05-25-2010, 08:36 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,229,494 times
It's a free country and they have a right to make masks. If a citizen feels they have to wear a mask to keep from being deported, so be it.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,782,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
It's a free country and they have a right to make masks. If a citizen feels they have to wear a mask to keep from being deported, so be it.
A "citizen"?Why would a citizen get deported?
If we actually enforced our immigration laws,i could see riots..
Protests and violence pushed by the Ethnic front groups and..
Pro-Amnesty Open border crowd.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,482,970 times
Quote:

They have a right to make masks. They also have a right to be called racist ethnocentrist hypocrites.

Besides, how exactly is a paper white person mask going to keep a citizen from being deported? I think you need to do a bit more homework on immigration laws and enforcement in this country.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 PM

44 posts, read 42,880 times
It's just as racist and offensive as those illegal alien costumes that got their panties in such a knot. Except, in my opinion, the "gringo" masks are worse because it also implies that Americans, no matter what color, have no right to enforce immigration laws.

ETA: Forgot a "t."

Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM

8,674 posts, read 10,223,795 times
Quote:
Oh, ok. So you think it's OK for us to wear illegal alien masks also?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration