Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:01 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times

Advertisements

I am gleefully shocked! Good news for a change!!

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. House of Representatives this morning voted to withhold federal emergency services funding for "sanctuary cities" that protect illegal immigrants.

Anti-illegal immigration champion Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., sponsored the measure, which he says would apply to cities such as Denver and Boulder. He was elated by its passage, which stunned critics and supporters alike.

Tancredo said he thinks his amendment is an indicator that the House would crush the reform plan if it passes in the Senate.

"If I were (Speaker of the House) Nancy Pelosi, I'd be asking if she could pass a vote on amnesty on the House side," Tancredo said. "If she lost 50 Democrats on this one, and she says she needs 70 Republicans to pass the immigration plan, this is an interesting indicator of things coming down the pike, and that the times, they are a-changing."

More....

http://http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5587755,00.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,773,603 times
How do I get Houston added to that list ?

Old 06-16-2007, 02:58 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,684,615 times
Great News! Now if we can only get this passed in the Senate. I guess all those faxes and phone calls are paying off.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,760,133 times
The House views this issue differently from the Senate. They are not as tied to Boosh's apron strings as the Senate seems to be. Nancy Panderpants Pelosi has already said that without the yes vote from the approximately 75 Republican representatives in the House, she won't even bring ithe Senate shamnesty bill to the floor for debate and according to everything I've read and Pelosi's own words, the votes are not there.

If the shamnesty debacle makes it out of the Senate, it will die in the House.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:38 AM

47 posts, read 193,348 times
Default Tancredo - A true American Hero

This man has been excoriated by the media because he dares to speak up for what's right and just.

He has also been barred from the white house by Karl Rove - Persona non grata.

He has been at the front of this fight from the beginning, withstanding the onslaught of false accusations. A lesser person would have folded long ago.

God Bless Tom Tancredo

Old 06-16-2007, 01:32 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,091,281 times
I keep hoping Tancredo will be up in polls and on media. We need to concentrate on a single candidate whoever that will be.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:41 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,684,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
The House views this issue differently from the Senate. They are not as tied to Boosh's apron strings as the Senate seems to be. Nancy Panderpants Pelosi has already said that without the yes vote from the approximately 75 Republican representatives in the House, she won't even bring ithe Senate shamnesty bill to the floor for debate and according to everything I've read and Pelosi's own words, the votes are not there.

If the shamnesty debacle makes it out of the Senate, it will die in the House.

Now that you mention it Kele, I remember seeing something about this in the news. Pelsoi is concerned if they pass this without a large number of republicans the democrats will be blamed for any political fallout in the future.

Which kind of indicates she already knows this immigration shamnesty is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration