Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 PM

787 posts, read 1,944,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I also have no use for racists on either side of this issue. So no, white racists don't get a pass. Did you actually think the the NCLR would make such statements on their website? It doesn't surprise me that they don't. What makes them racist is advocating for their ethnic brethern in this country illegally, period. That is an agenda that they don't deny.
Yes, I get it. YOU stand on principle...your stand against illegal immigration is NOT based on ethnicity or race.

Yet, you make blanket statements that any Latino who voices oppopsition to the AZ law is AUTOMATICALLY ethnocentric or a racist. You really want to have your cake and eat it too. The "other" side can't possibly be acting on principle...only ethnocentrism.

You mistakenly ASSUMED I was LATINO in another thread merely because I had issues with the AZ law. Please stop painting with such a broad bush!

Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,755,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
What else would you expect? The law was created by racist and the people who support are indeed racist. Made by racists for racists I'd say.
"We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works."

- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant, former state senator and amnesty activist as quoted by Richard de Uriarte, The Phoenix Gazette, March 14, 1992.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,330,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal35 View Post
Yes, I get it. YOU stand on principle...your stand against illegal immigration is NOT based on ethnicity or race.

Yet, you make blanket statements that any Latino who voices oppopsition to the AZ law is AUTOMATICALLY ethnocentric or a racist. You really want to have your cake and eat it too. The "other" side can't possibly be acting on principle...only ethnocentrism.

You mistakenly ASSUMED I was LATINO in another thread merely because I had issues with the AZ law. Please stop painting with such a broad bush!
My blanket statements are not based on my opinion but the facts. Everyone knows why most Latinos support illegal immigration so let's stop the game playing here. They even openly admit that it is about "their people". It is racist to put one's race above the rule of law especially when there is an ulterior motive.

What principle would they be acting on as American citizens first? I don't recall assuming you were Latino. Perhaps it was more of a question or a guess than a mere assumption. The bleeding heart non-Latinos are just as bad.

The pro-illegals are just as guilty of painting with a broad brush. Anyone who opposes their amnesty agenda and wants our immigration laws enforced is viewed as a racist by them.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:38 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,542,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Here is a youtube of Rachel Maddow's show with a little more detail.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow- Racist roots of Arizona law
Did you seriously post this? That is the most childish and unintelligent "news" clip I have seen in quite some time. I guess I should say, did they seriously put this on the air?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:21 PM

131 posts, read 420,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Here is a youtube of Rachel Maddow's show with a little more detail.

YouTube - Rachel Maddow- Racist roots of Arizona law
Even though she does bring up good points... she's beating around the issue at hand here. All she is doing is throwing mud as an attempt to discredit the nature of the bill which was passed in AZ.

The only opposition to this bill seems to only take into account hypothetical cases. In any which event, it should be dealt with appropriately, even though illegal immigrants really don't have any "rights" to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555
Did you seriously post this? That is the most childish and unintelligent "news" clip I have seen in quite some time. I guess I should say, did they seriously put this on the air?
Just went back... I tried to be nicer than this guy.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:11 PM

787 posts, read 1,944,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut;143547501)

1) My blanket statements are not based on my opinion but the facts.

2) I don't recall assuming you were Latino.

3) Perhaps it was more of a question or a guess than a mere assumption. The bleeding heart non-Latinos are just as bad.

4) The pro-illegals are just as guilty of painting with a broad brush. Anyone who opposes their amnesty agenda and wants our immigration laws enforced is viewed as a racist by them.

1) I am always weary of anyone who claims he has all the "facts" on his side.

2) Yes, you did....it was a while ago in another thread.

3) Guess or Assumption: same thing. Webster's "Guess" is to assume, presume, or assert (a fact) without sufficient information.

4) Yes, just as guilty as YOU are at painting with a broad brush. Again, just b/c I am opposed to the AZ law does NOT make me pro-illegal, a bleeding heart, or anti-american. Stop waving the flag...

I love how you "tell" or "rat" on people for personal attacks, etc. Very weak. You'd make a good KGB agent.

Didn't your mother teach you that sticks and stones might break your bones but names will never hurt you?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:49 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,898,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
So the fact that the author has ties to Nazi groups does not bother you one bit?

Which one, LARAZA aka,the race ,,the Black Panthers, CAIR or NOI ? Are these all racist groups too ?

The whole plan from the insiders and the outsiders is to divide and conquor . They support the minority hate groups so the white nut will get stirred up and protest in defense mostly . Very few whites are in these groups, where the minority hate groups have members by the billions if you count the worldwde involvements of most of them .

Old 05-26-2010, 11:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,898,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My blanket statements are not based on my opinion but the facts. Everyone knows why most Latinos support illegal immigration so let's stop the game playing here. They even openly admit that it is about "their people". It is racist to put one's race above the rule of law especially when there is an ulterior motive.

What principle would they be acting on as American citizens first? I don't recall assuming you were Latino. Perhaps it was more of a question or a guess than a mere assumption. The bleeding heart non-Latinos are just as bad.

The pro-illegals are just as guilty of painting with a broad brush. Anyone who opposes their amnesty agenda and wants our immigration laws enforced is viewed as a racist by them.
Only an illegal, a employer of one or one who will gain is against this bill . If i had my way all states would follow and most would be taken 500 miles down the gulf and dropped off like Ike did along with their anchor kids . I'm sick of what they are doing to this nation, not just mexcians either but all illegals, irish, cuban , russian, muslims, african ,korean all of them .

Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,465,785 times
As I recall, he apologized for it and said he didn't know he was forwarding something from a bunch of racists. So it's inconclusive as to whether he really is a racist.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:47 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,226,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
As I recall, he apologized for it and said he didn't know he was forwarding something from a bunch of racists. So it's inconclusive as to whether he really is a racist.
Doesn't change the validity of the OP. He has ties to White Power groups. Why is he exchanging emails with KKK members in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.