Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times

Advertisements

This is NUTS! But we are seeing it happen all over, time and time again, in little ways and big, headline news ways. It is time to stand up and take action like Arizona has done. People need to start really speaking out and stop being intimidated by the P.C. Police calling us racists, right wingnuts, etc. Many of us have been brought up in the public school system and brainwashed into feeling ashamed of ourselves and our country; made to feel we are the "bad" guys and that we need to accept and have tolerance for everything including "intolerance." I see this whole, undercurrent of indoctrination now that I have kids of my own and see what they bring home from school. I have done research and realize this has been going on for a looooooong time. We have all been brainwashed and it is time to be done with it and stand up and take back our country and our pride in ourselves. We all know that stuff like what's in this post is absurd just like people knew that the Emperor really was naked. It is time to discard the cloak of political correctness and speak out the truth. The more that people see that they are not alone in their thinking, the better chance there is for change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
This is NUTS! But we are seeing it happen all over, time and time again, in little ways and big, headline news ways. It is time to stand up and take action like Arizona has done. People need to start really speaking out and stop being intimidated by the P.C. Police calling us racists, right wingnuts, etc. Many of us have been brought up in the public school system and brainwashed into feeling ashamed of ourselves and our country; made to feel we are the "bad" guys and that we need to accept and have tolerance for everything including "intolerance." I see this whole, undercurrent of indoctrination now that I have kids of my own and see what they bring home from school. I have done research and realize this has been going on for a looooooong time. We have all been brainwashed and it is time to be done with it and stand up and take back our country and our pride in ourselves. We all know that stuff like what's in this post is absurd just like people knew that the Emperor really was naked. It is time to discard the cloak of political correctness and speak out the truth. The more that people see that they are not alone in their thinking, the better chance there is for change.
I think it was the "Dream Act" that did the most to change public opinion. The illegals overplayed their hand and began making very absurd demands.

Up until that, I think many Americans didn't see what was going on, and they believed the line that illegals only come to clean toilets, pick vegetables and fruit and just want their chance to work hard for what they get. So people were sympathetic.

Then the illegals came out and demanded the "Dream Act" so that anyone showing up here was to be given a free college education because their American Dream is really not about the hard work jobs but about big money, the jobs Americans will gladly have.

By demanding the free college for illegals, the illegals made it clear that Americans should be denied scholarships and financial aid because the illegals want it -- and there can be no limit to how many illegals can show up to claim it.

This wasn't a smart move when so many Americans are going into serious debt to provide college or realizing it's out of reach and not too many American students get the completely free ride the illegals are demanding for themselves.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:53 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it was the "Dream Act" that did the most to change public opinion. The illegals overplayed their hand and began making very absurd demands.

Up until that, I think many Americans didn't see what was going on, and they believed the line that illegals only come to clean toilets, pick vegetables and fruit and just want their chance to work hard for what they get. So people were sympathetic.

Then the illegals came out and demanded the "Dream Act" so that anyone showing up here was to be given a free college education because their American Dream is really not about the hard work jobs but about big money, the jobs Americans will gladly have.

By demanding the free college for illegals, the illegals made it clear that Americans should be denied scholarships and financial aid because the illegals want it -- and there can be no limit to how many illegals can show up to claim it.

This wasn't a smart move when so many Americans are going into serious debt to provide college or realizing it's out of reach and not too many American students get the completely free ride the illegals are demanding for themselves.
I just did a quick Wiki research on the Dream Act. #1 it sounds ridiculous! But, did I read it correctly in that one condition is for the alien to serve 2 years in the military? Don't you have to be a citizen to serve in our military? I would hope so! Please explain this if you can. TIA

Old 05-29-2010, 09:08 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I just did a quick Wiki research on the Dream Act. #1 it sounds ridiculous! But, did I read it correctly in that one condition is for the alien to serve 2 years in the military? Don't you have to be a citizen to serve in our military? I would hope so! Please explain this if you can. TIA
You don't have to be a citizen to serve in the US military or most militaries of the world but you do need to be legal.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You don't have to be a citizen to serve in the US military or most militaries of the world but you do need to be legal.
and the word here is "legal" that is the point many are trying to make.

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Let me guess what their major is - Chicano Studies

Old 05-29-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and the word here is "legal" that is the point many are trying to make.

Nita
My brother-in-law, a naturalized US citizen who came to the US legally and worked his butt off for citizenship, is struggling to put his daughter, a natural born citizen, through college. His daughter is not eligible for any such scholarship. This type of crap is a huge slap in the face for those who came here and followed the rules. What's the message? Come here and break our laws and we'll kiss your butt while you pee on us.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
My brother-in-law, a naturalized US citizen who came to the US legally and worked his butt off for citizenship, is struggling to put his daughter, a natural born citizen, through college. His daughter is not eligible for any such scholarship. This type of crap is a huge slap in the face for those who came here and followed the rules. What's the message? Come here and break our laws and we'll kiss your butt while you pee on us.
I am not arguing with you, I agree, the system sucks but if a person is here legally and can get a scholarship I have no problem with this.

I mentioned a few weeks ago what we went through when our oldest daughter was ready for college. Because we were considered middle income even though we had other kids, one with special needs she couldn't even get a loan interest loan. I went back to work to help pay for her college, she worked all through college, was Pres of her sorority and did graduate in 4 years. The very last year we took her off our income taxes and she did get a very small student loan.

Nita

Old 05-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not arguing with you, I agree, the system sucks but if a person is here legally and can get a scholarship I have no problem with this.

I mentioned a few weeks ago what we went through when our oldest daughter was ready for college. Because we were considered middle income even though we had other kids, one with special needs she couldn't even get a loan interest loan. I went back to work to help pay for her college, she worked all through college, was Pres of her sorority and did graduate in 4 years. The very last year we took her off our income taxes and she did get a very small student loan.

Nita
I wasn't arguing either. Just venting.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They do because it's all a big lie they only come to do the low-wage jobs that Americans don't want to do. They want the high paying jobs and they want their college educations completely free. They come illegally because they don't want to fill out forms and wait their turn, and they don't want to pay the foreign student tuition rate that other foreign students must pay. They want it all handed to them on a silver platter, everything free.

And we're giving it to them. And we think THEY are stupid. Am I missing something or has a large portion of this country gone completely INSANE? Seriously, I hear crap like this and think...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration