Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM

220 posts, read 675,524 times

Advertisements

This is another thing that rips me about the subsidizing of southern Illinois.. There is a chance that Statesville prison will be closed, result will be that people will lose their jobs and the family of inmates will have to travel 300 miles to make visits.

Why? Because in all of its wisdom the state of Illinois has decided to build prisons 300 miles from its population in an attempt to prop up these areas instead of building them where they should be.

jojo- The only thing I have ever said that southern Illinois doesn't deserve is state handouts, too bad you feel differently...

Old 10-02-2008, 06:08 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
The northern portion of Illinois is despised by the people actually born and raised in southern IL.We view the Chicagoland area as a cesspool and the people in that area as lower lifeforms who reinforce that view every time a family moves to "our" area from "up north".They bring nothing but arrogance and stupidity with them.They all seem to shoot for the same thing.....domination.They want to get elected to to the city councils,buy the small mom and pop shops,subdivide the ground of the local farms to where every scenic backroad has some ahole with a no trespassing sign up.They can't just blend in with the crowd.They want to ruin our area the way the north has been ruined.If Chicago is so great,stay up there and leave us alone.You don't like us "down staters" and we truly hate you northerners.Been that way for as long as I've been alive and I don't see it changing tomorrow.I hate illegal immigrants,but I'd rather have a bunch of them move into the farm next to me than a family from Chicago.Just my opinion and everyone that I know down here feels the same way or worse.Lets divide the state at I-64.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,089,265 times
Sounds like you have some serious issues my friend. You should get some help for that, so much anger and hate isn't good for you.

I have no problem with downstate, nor with those from that part of the state.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:28 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
The northern portion of Illinois is despised by the people actually born and raised in southern IL.We view the Chicagoland area as a cesspool and the people in that area as lower lifeforms who reinforce that view every time a family moves to "our" area from "up north".They bring nothing but arrogance and stupidity with them.They all seem to shoot for the same thing.....domination.They want to get elected to to the city councils,buy the small mom and pop shops,subdivide the ground of the local farms to where every scenic backroad has some ahole with a no trespassing sign up.They can't just blend in with the crowd.They want to ruin our area the way the north has been ruined.If Chicago is so great,stay up there and leave us alone.You don't like us "down staters" and we truly hate you northerners.Been that way for as long as I've been alive and I don't see it changing tomorrow.I hate illegal immigrants,but I'd rather have a bunch of them move into the farm next to me than a family from Chicago.Just my opinion and everyone that I know down here feels the same way or worse.Lets divide the state at I-64.

Yeah, ok..... I think your stereotyping every single upstate Illinois resident. You sound alot like the folks from northern Wisconsin who aren't to fond of us downstate WI folks.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 AM

328 posts, read 1,396,943 times
Default I moved to Illinois to be in Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I moved to the state of Illinois solely to live and work in Chicago, the city. Like it or not, Chicago is a huge draw for both residents and tourists, and they pump money not only into the city and Cook County, but the state of Illinois as well.

Last I checked my paystub, I was paying Illinois Income Tax. And my cell phone? Illinois State Sales Tax. So even though you may not like "Northerners", they make up about 8 Million of the 11 Million people that reside in this state. We pay taxes and give money to the government just like everyone else does in the state. If Chicago did not exist, I would have just stayed in Metro Detroit.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:49 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Sounds like you have some serious issues my friend. You should get some help for that, so much anger and hate isn't good for you.

Except for those who act like the poster above you.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post

I have no anger issues at all.I was just giving the facts as they are seen in this neck of the woods.I didn't make the rules of the game up,I just play by them like we all do.

I've seen SEVERAL posts in this thread running southern IL down and I just thought I'd let those posters know how "they" are viewed down here.Nothing more,nothing less. I've never met anyone from around here in 43 years that likes the Chicago area except the transplants down here that moved from Chicago down into this area.We all ask them the same question as I asked earlier.If it's so great,what are you doing down here bothering us.Stay there.That's not an angry statement and in fact it should be a thought provoking statement to anyone with at least an IQ above 50.If it's so great up north....WHY are you here.No anger.

Corrupt police.Corrupt politicians.Horrible living conditions and unrealistic prices.Crappy overcrowded roads.Over regulation,price gouging,ghettos,crime,gangs,noise,squallor,stench, DIRTY etc etc etc all come to our mind when we think of Chicago.....That's the view we have of the Chicagoland area from where I sit.

Anger issues? No.Facts? Yes.....Unjustified pride is what we see in the northern people that come down here and start trying to brag Chicago up.Where is the justification for that bragging?It's like Texas residents who end up here and start mouthing about Texas.If it's so great where you are,stay there.No big deal.We won't miss you a bit......Have a nice day all.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
I reckon some downstate schools have failed in their task of teaching people to distinguish "fact" from "perception" and "opinion."

Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM

BTW.... I have met some very good people from the northern areas that have moved down here for a more laid back way of life.Not all that move here are bad, but unfortunately the bad ones seem to stick out around here and the good ones end up getting a bad rap too.It's unfair,but true.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I reckon some downstate schools have failed in their task of teaching people to distinguish "fact" from "perception" and "opinion."
You could be right there.Look at the amount of money spent in our schools vs what gets spent in your schools.You could be onto something there.I'll do a nonfunded gov. study on it and get back to you with the findings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois