Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times

Advertisements

Just on the news from Jesse White ,Ill. Sec. of State, that there will be active enforcement of all handicap parking this holiday season!!

A ticket for illegal parking in a marked handicap spot will get you a $500 fine and one month suspension of your drivers license. The handicap placard in your car must be in one of the passengers name or you get a ticket for theft of state property.

My wife and I are both legally classed as handicapped and know all to well the frustration of able bodied people stealing what few parking spots are available. IMO these people deserve the worst that the state can throw at them since stealing handicap parking spots is more than an inconvenience for the handicapped it is a despicable social crime against those least able to fight back!!

People who steal handicap parking spots are worse than whale dung since they are selfish souless people.

It's about damn time that the state enforced existing handicap laws!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
Default Agree with you, but fact is there are not nearly enough cops to really enforce this...

My dad suffered a stroke at a fairly early point in his life and I can completely sympathize with the great difficulty that those with true mobility issues have in getting from convenient spaces in huge parking lots to the places that others take for granted.

That said the lying, cheating, mouth breathing f&^+wads that slide their shiny cars into spaces reserved for the handicapped will never really be scared off by enforcement that is at best about a 1 in 10,000 shot... I think we should take a page from the penal code of Singapore and have the s4!+forbrains a%&hats flogged and/or have their genitalia submerged in boiling oil as well as confiscating and crushing their car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Just on the news from Jesse White ,Ill. Sec. of State, that there will be active enforcement of all handicap parking this holiday season!!

A ticket for illegal parking in a marked handicap spot will get you a $500 fine and one month suspension of your drivers license. The handicap placard in your car must be in one of the passengers name or you get a ticket for theft of state property.

My wife and I are both legally classed as handicapped and know all to well the frustration of able bodied people stealing what few parking spots are available. IMO these people deserve the worst that the state can throw at them since stealing handicap parking spots is more than an inconvenience for the handicapped it is a despicable social crime against those least able to fight back!!

People who steal handicap parking spots are worse than whale dung since they are selfish souless people.

It's about damn time that the state enforced existing handicap laws!!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
The problem, as far as I know, police cannot come onto a private parking lot to issue a ticket.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM

Default Nope sorry wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
The problem, as far as I know, police cannot come onto a private parking lot to issue a ticket.

The law is CRYSTAL clear on this matter.

...incluidng any PRIVATE or public offstreet parking ...

Please don't respond to things that you clearly have no knowledge of -- 625 ILCS 5 / 11-1301.3 Unauthorized use of parking places reserved for persons with disabilities The law that actually REQUIRES spaces be clearly marked as provided for the disabled is 11-301 and it too is CLEAR that this applies in PRIVATE lots too... Sorta hard to believe that so many millions of these signs that say things like $500 Fine would not be enforcable. You don't get out much, do you?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Thumbs down Not nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
The law is CRYSTAL clear on this matter.

...incluidng any PRIVATE or public offstreet parking ...

Please don't respond to things that you clearly have no knowledge of -- 625 ILCS 5 / 11-1301.3 Unauthorized use of parking places reserved for persons with disabilities The law that actually REQUIRES spaces be clearly marked as provided for the disabled is 11-301 and it too is CLEAR that this applies in PRIVATE lots too... Sorta hard to believe that so many millions of these signs that say things like $500 Fine would not be enforcable. You don't get out much, do you?
and rather rude as a a matter of fact and not necessary Chet. I can respond because I clearly have knowledge about cordial behavior.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIswhere...

Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 PM

Default My, how sweet of you...

If you've been a poster in the Illinois forums for long you know that certain kinds of members can be counted on for information that is accurate / easily verified via authoritative web links and others prefer to push their own unique world view...

As Granda Pipes helpfully mentioned the Secretary of State clearly said his enforcement actions will be centered around malls on "retail Black Friday" which are clearly private property -- State to crack down on illegal parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
and rather rude as a a matter of fact and not necessary Chet. I can respond because I clearly have knowledge about cordial behavior.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIswhere...

Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Default Dearest Chet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
If you've been a poster in the Illinois forums for long you know that certain kinds of members can be counted on for information that is accurate / easily verified via authoritative web links and others prefer to push their own unique world view...

As Granda Pipes helpfully mentioned the Secretary of State clearly said his enforcement actions will be centered around malls on "retail Black Friday" which are clearly private property -- State to crack down on illegal parking
regardless of which members can be counted on for information that is accurate/easily verified via authoritative web links along with the reference to retail black Friday (which is definitely taking place on private property)...you behaved rudely and for no good reason Chet, period.

You may be an authoritative member but that in no way allows you carte blanche in lashing out at another member who merely offered an opinion, whether you see it as knowledgeable or not.

Exercising good manners and civility in a public place (or otherwise for that matter) is always the hallmark of a gentleman in a civilized society.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM

See?????? even a thread about handicap parking the selfish people show up to argue the fact when they don't know squat.

I've been tempted to knife the tires of those I see parked illegally while my wife struggles to the door of a business we wish to visit.

One of these days.......I'm gonna snap and slash the bastards tires!!!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
I believe that most of the people who I see with handicap placards hanging from their rear-view mirror ... are scamming the system. Cars with handicap plates meet a different, tougher standard IMO. Evanstson regularly tickets cars improperly parked in handicap spaces, on private properties. I don't know how often Chicago does that. Physicians are too easily giving this permission and we should push for fines against them, and the fakers ... when they're discovered. W

Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I believe that most of the people who I see with handicap placards hanging from their rear-view mirror ... are scamming the system. Cars with handicap plates meet a different, tougher standard IMO. Evanstson regularly tickets cars improperly parked in handicap spaces, on private properties. I don't know how often Chicago does that. Physicians are too easily giving this permission and we should push for fines against them, and the fakers ... when they're discovered. W
In order to get a placard or a plate the process is the same so scamming the system is hard to do.

As far as "fakers" go I see the bastards too using a stolen placard or lifted plates. There will always be low life scum that try to beat the system!

Being handicapped is not always visible to the naked eye so hold any judgment of any handicapped person since the doctor made the call not some bureaucrat in Springfield.

There is but a heart beat of time and fortune between an able bodied person and being handicapped. The next instant could be you becoming handicapped so never judge another persons disability as false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois