Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 PM

216 posts, read 646,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
He deserves to be hated and despised. Funny thing though, I cannot remember an IL Governor in a long time that did not deserve scorn Thompson, Edgar, Ryan, Blago, Quinn, they were all pretty nasty characters. There is not one of them I think is a decent human being. But the feeling may be mutual.
Pat Quinn? A nasty guy?...What a joke.

He's probably too nice a guy for his own good. Love to see him come out as a fire breathing over the top Progressive.

That's not Pat. But hated? Nasty? No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 AM

366 posts, read 494,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRV007 View Post
Pat Quinn? A nasty guy?...What a joke.

He's probably too nice a guy for his own good. Love to see him come out as a fire breathing over the top Progressive.

That's not Pat. But hated? Nasty? No way.
I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I have met Pat Quinn on many occasions and found him a thoroughly nasty, despicable human being who despises people who step out of the mainstream and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. In my opinion he has no ability to extrapolate the actions taken in the present in to the future and is mind numbingly slow. But then I find many progressives to really be dark, twisted individuals on the inside who simply have a veneer of altruism on the outside. Some of us understand that the classic definition of slavery is when a man does not own the just fruits of his labor. Quinn has actually reinstated slavery by deliberately confiscating more of the just fruits of their labor to redistribute to his patronage coalition. You may find such action noble, I find them reprehensible.

As I said a difference of opinion.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,276,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagisan View Post
I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I have met Pat Quinn on many occasions and found him a thoroughly nasty, despicable human being who despises people who step out of the mainstream and pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. In my opinion he has no ability to extrapolate the actions taken in the present in to the future and is mind numbingly slow. But then I find many progressives to really be dark, twisted individuals on the inside who simply have a veneer of altruism on the outside. Some of us understand that the classic definition of slavery is when a man does not own the just fruits of his labor. Quinn has actually reinstated slavery by deliberately confiscating more of the just fruits of their labor to redistribute to his patronage coalition. You may find such action noble, I find them reprehensible.

As I said a difference of opinion.
OK, put the tea down and turn off the Limbaugh show. ANd by my recollection, Thompson and Edgar were pretty good governors.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 AM

366 posts, read 494,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
OK, put the tea down and turn off the Limbaugh show. ANd by my recollection, Thompson and Edgar were pretty good governors.
Thompson had the UPs repeatedly arrest and detain me for questioning him on raising taxes during my college years. It got to be a joke with the UPs, they would arrest me, print me, and kick me loose, just so I could not protest his visits on campus as the student head of the Republican party. He had no respect for the First Amendment. His unwaverign suppor for George Ryan is further proof of his low moral standing.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,712,842 times
Quinn is not hated, he has a low approval rating. Very different things.

I like him as a person, but think he is a terrible governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: