Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Blah, blah, blee, blah, blah, blah.

I find it funny how you Arizonans proclaim your weather to be so great (ie your "wonderful AZ weather" comment above), but yet conveniently forget to mention the months of late April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and early November. The way some of you talk you'd think AZ was Honolulu or something. Most of you all are full of crap, and you know it. Winters in PHX are MILD. NOT WARM. But they way you talk about it, you make it sound like its the Florida friggin Keys. Not even close, bub. Your springs are decent, Ill give you that. Summer? Between AZ and Florida, you guys can battle over each other who has the biggest suckfest summers of all time. Er, anywhere south of Sedona, which still gets broiling hot, too. Then in the middle of summer you get obnoxious high temps coupled with gross, high humidity. This continues for several weeks, and when it disappears, youre back to broiling eggs on the sidewalk until mid-October, which still can get over 100 degress. Fall in AZ? No such thing. You go straight into winter, which isnt really very warm to begin with, and coupled with many soggy, rainy, cloudy days. Throw in some dirty flash flood waters, high damaging winds, obnoxious high temps, mild winters that often get quite frigid (especially up Northern AZ), occasional snowfall, blast-furnace heat, dust storms, wildfires, etc. Wow, some wonderful "paradise weather" you got there. Oh, and lets add the fact that Flagstaff is one of the snowiest cities in the USA, and one of the COLDEST (if not thee coldest), too. So please, keep pointing fingers at other peoples' weather, because we'll point em right back, coupled with a few middle fingers.

You all dont live in Honolulu or San Diego, like you seem to make it sound like you do. LOL And the next time you all make fun of Chicago's winter weather, Ill be sure to be on the AZ boards to offer my rebuttle, because AZs weather is no picnic either. And if Im "predictable" like you say I am, then that just goes to show that you Zonies are just as predictable, because I only comment back on the AZ boards when YOU guys bring the subject up in the first place, genius. Get to the root of the problem before you point fingers, amigo. I just love it when you guys say things like "hahaha its 20 degrees in Chicago and 60 degrees here, hahaha". Like I always say, call us from May until November and we'll see who's laughing. Then again, with AZ's school system rated the WORST in the nation, I guess I can expect comments like that to come from you guys. There, was that predictable enough for you?

BACK TO IL WEATHER:

Bone chilling outside. I show a big, fat ZERO degrees on my computer. hahaha I wonder what its gonna be like when the sun goes down. Today is the day I wish for cloud cover to trap some heat in. When the clouds disappear in winter, so does the heat.

Oh boy.lol Steve, I gotta admit that's a nice come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 04:14 PM

177 posts, read 849,807 times
It's about 5:15pm here and the computer shows MINUS 3 degrees!! I just got back from being outside and I have to say that it's unbelievably frigid out there.

Bundle up if you have to go out, even if it's just to take out the trash!

Old 12-21-2008, 06:47 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
This is long underwear weather.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:50 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
This is long underwear weather.
I agree. I think this is the worst it can get. Even the guy hosting Espn tonight for the Titans game was wearing a heavy parka in Nashville.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:26 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I agree. I think this is the worst it can get...
Nah,I have been through several -50 to -70 or so windchill days in Chicago!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,629 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blee, blah, blah, blah.

I find it funny how you Arizonans proclaim your weather to be so great (ie your "wonderful AZ weather" comment above), but yet conveniently forget to mention the months of late April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and early November. The way some of you talk you'd think AZ was Honolulu or something. Most of you all are full of crap, and you know it. Winters in PHX are MILD. NOT WARM. But they way you talk about it, you make it sound like its the Florida friggin Keys. Not even close, bub. Your springs are decent, Ill give you that. Summer? Between AZ and Florida, you guys can battle over each other who has the biggest suckfest summers of all time. Er, anywhere south of Sedona, which still gets broiling hot, too. Then in the middle of summer you get obnoxious high temps coupled with gross, high humidity. This continues for several weeks, and when it disappears, youre back to broiling eggs on the sidewalk until mid-October, which still can get over 100 degress. Fall in AZ? No such thing. You go straight into winter, which isnt really very warm to begin with, and coupled with many soggy, rainy, cloudy days. Throw in some dirty flash flood waters, high damaging winds, obnoxious high temps, mild winters that often get quite frigid (especially up Northern AZ), occasional snowfall, blast-furnace heat, dust storms, wildfires, etc. Wow, some wonderful "paradise weather" you got there. Oh, and lets add the fact that Flagstaff is one of the snowiest cities in the USA, and one of the COLDEST (if not thee coldest), too. So please, keep pointing fingers at other peoples' weather, because we'll point em right back, coupled with a few middle fingers.

You all dont live in Honolulu or San Diego, like you seem to make it sound like you do. LOL And the next time you all make fun of Chicago's winter weather, Ill be sure to be on the AZ boards to offer my rebuttle, because AZs weather is no picnic either. And if Im "predictable" like you say I am, then that just goes to show that you Zonies are just as predictable, because I only comment back on the AZ boards when YOU guys bring the subject up in the first place, genius. Get to the root of the problem before you point fingers, amigo. I just love it when you guys say things like "hahaha its 20 degrees in Chicago and 60 degrees here, hahaha". Like I always say, call us from May until November and we'll see who's laughing. Then again, with AZ's school system rated the WORST in the nation, I guess I can expect comments like that to come from you guys. There, was that predictable enough for you?

BACK TO IL WEATHER:

Bone chilling outside. I show a big, fat ZERO degrees on my computer. hahaha I wonder what its gonna be like when the sun goes down. Today is the day I wish for cloud cover to trap some heat in. When the clouds disappear in winter, so does the heat.

LMBO!!! Sounds like you are really pissed and cranky. Guess you are not enjoying your winter wonderfrigidland after all.

By the way, if it wouldn't have been for all your AZ forum contributions, I wouldn't even be here annoying the **** out of you. Your chickens have come home to roost, so to speak.

You might want to release some of this cabin fever stress by booking a flight to Phoenix. How about that? You know you want to.

So, how cold is it now?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:39 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Come to PHX for what? The "lovely" low 50 degree temps (lows in the low 40s) and rain? Screw that.
Phoenix, Arizona (85001) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Anyone with a brain goes to South Florida for winter, which makes PHX feel FRIGID. Compare the weather charts and tell me how "lovely" your weather is in PHX in winter. Its not that great at all, especially compared to Miami's 80 degree days with 70 degree nights. NEXT!
Miami, Florida (33010) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,771 times
Quote:
Anyone with a brain goes to South Florida for winter, which makes PHX feel FRIGID. Compare the weather charts and tell me how "lovely" your weather is in PHX in winter. Its not that great at all, especially compared to Miami's 80 degree days with 70 degree nights. NEXT!
So what you are saying is the people who choose to spend the winters in Arizona and not Florida have no brain? Some people like Florida some like Arizona it does not make them dumb for liking Arizona.Some go to AZ one year and FL the next. Did you go to Florida for winter? According to you if you did not go then you have no brain.
hhhhhmmmm

Old 12-21-2008, 08:23 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,629 times
Quote:
Come to PHX for what? The "lovely" low 50 degree temps (lows in the low 40s) and rain? Screw that.
Phoenix, Arizona (85001) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Phoenix was mostly sunny today with a high of 66 and Tucson was completely sunny and 67. Tucson is forecasted to reach a high of 70 on Monday.

Since when are you afraid of a little rain?

What was your high today? If we are frigid in comparison to Florida, what are you?

We had loads of fun outside today! What did you do?

Who cares where you choose to go, just go before you pop a vain in your frozen brain.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,155,707 times
Growing up in Texas where 80 + degrees can be common in winter, along with freezing temps on the rare occasion, I can honestly say that all in all, I enjoy living here. Sure it's frigid out right now, but having a real winter with snow and a change of seasons has been great, in my opinion. It won't stay this frigid for too long and will moderate some but will still be cold to some people. But folks still get out and walk here in the city...you dress for the cold but it doesn't stop you from living your life. I had fun today with my friends..we bundled up and met for brunch and had a nice time...it was sunny and very cold but it didn't stop many people as the place was crowded. We then bundled up again and walked to the movie theatre, throwing a few snow balls at each other as we made our way through the streets and to the theatre for our movie. You can't be a hermit here and hide inside just like you can't be like that when it's broiling in the southern US during the summer.

The past summer here was warm to hot on a few occasions and it was actually nice not having the endless 98 to 103 afternoon temps (it was 108 and up in parts of TX this past summer) day in and day out for 4-5 months like I'm used to enduring. We actually had nights where we could open the windows and sleep without the a/c...wow, that's impossible in most places in the south after about May. When it was really hot and already 90 degrees by 11am down south, you just knew that you shouldn't be out long term in the sun after about 1 or 2pm due to heat stroke or sunburn, heat advisories, etc etc. Any outside yard work had to be done early in the morning so there were plenty of times I was out cutting grass at 8 am on the weekend trying to beat the sun and the heat. In any case, depending on where you live and the season, one part of the country is either out and about while the other is locked inside or vice versa so really neither has a lock on better weather. It's all subjective and about what you like or what you're used to growing up. You just can't let it dominate you and take control...you've got to make the best of it no matter which area of the country you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois