Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 2,192 times

Advertisements

My teenage girls and I are looking to rent a house in Cary. We're coming from a ritzy area and we want to live in a nice, comfortable area that is not wealthy or snobby (like our current town). Would Cary be a good choice? Please tell me about it and what there is to do for teenagers. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,257,578 times
Go for it. Nice little town.

Teenagers? Same as everywhere else. They Pick up phone, make odd facial expression, type furiously, roll eyes, intensely look at phone again, laugh hysterically, repeat throughout day

J/K

Clubs, sports, activities, meet kids afterschool at parks or restaurants, etc.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:31 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,413,242 times
Not exactly sure what the concerns the OP might have. Cary is adjacent to some areas that are somewhat more costly but I would hardly characterize the kids who go to Barrington High School as especially "snobby" nor would I assume that simply because one might be able to purchase a home in Cary for a bit less than in some areas it is any less prone to the sorts of cliques that teenagers inevitably form. There are certainly other towns even more "down market" and it is very likely that issue of social stratification is even worse when going down the ladder...

Cary is like most of the towns out that way -- not very walkable, too many car centric retail establishments, almost a kind of rural-ish feel in parts... Depending on what sorts of activities the OP's kids are looking for I'd certainly investigate the Park District in Cary, but it is not exceptional in either a stand-out positive or negative sense -- https://www.carypark.com/rccms/teens/

Old 07-23-2018, 11:05 AM

[quote=damba;52579151]Go for it. Nice little town.

Teenagers? Same as everywhere else. They Pick up phone, make odd facial expression, type furiously, roll eyes, intensely look at phone again, laugh hysterically, repeat throughout day

J/K

Clubs, sports, activities, meet kids afterschool at parks or restaurants, etc.[/Q

Hilarious!! Thanks!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:07 AM

damba - that's hilarious but spot on!

Thank you, both, for your replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: