Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 09:23 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,583,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I got both the 2 shot Moderna vaccination and the 1/2 dose booster in Nov and am happy I did. My chances of contracting severe Covid are almost nonexistant and the vaccine caused nothing other than a tender arm for 2 days after. My brother had some flu like symptoms for a day after the vaccination but recovered fast.
Not so much as a cold for me in the past 3 years. No vaccines required, just a powerful immune system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Hundreds of millions of people got the vaccines and did not drop dead nor start shooting spider webs from their wrist or whatever people are claiming. The people who aren't vaccinated are turning their bodies into a sanctuary city for the virus.
That's pure nonsense. This is nothing more than a political issue at this point. I've noticed that the vast majority of Covid fear-mongers have other serious issues, either physically of mentally.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:30 AM

4,660 posts, read 3,281,859 times
Chicago South Sider, good morning,

AND I imagine as a dedicated gym enthusiast as yourself, you are touching weights, and other equipment that many people at the gym have touched.

So WHAT is your secret for being unvaccinated, being in this "germy environment" and staying Covid-free?????

I'm wondering: Are you keeping your hands clean? Are you possibly staying a bit clearer from an individual if they're panting and/or coughing nearby? Are you boosting your immunity BECAUSE you're finding time to exercise in your free time?

If so, I'm guessing a LOT of people could also follow such practices and not need a vaccination?????

Or, as everyone seems to say: Guys like you and I are just LUCKY so far!!!

Old 02-01-2022, 12:46 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Master Jay,

Another possibility is that you and CSS have already been exposed to SARS-CoV-2, but had either very minor or no symptoms at all. This does happen. This may have provided you with natural immunity. Only way to know for sure is to get an Antibody test. My Doc included an antibody test in my annual bloodwork and I believe my insurance covered it.

My sister is in the same boat, she's been around people that have had covid, but has never caught it and she is unvaccinated. Either way, may the force be with you!

Old 02-01-2022, 01:27 PM

249 posts, read 183,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
...and your point is... 82% vaccination rate is good enough? Once we attain that we should just drop all restrictions? Seems silly.
Your'e bringing up other countries policies, so their reasons for their polices, which you brought up, are relevant.

Old 02-01-2022, 02:22 PM

4,660 posts, read 3,281,859 times
flamadiddle, thank you.

I was unaware that a test could trace if Covid had bedn in the system! That's pretty amazing. I just did my physical/ fasting bloodwork 2 weeks ago.

And what I DID learn was to be more wary of cholesterol and carbs!!

So, more fruits and vegetables for me.. And in the meantime, May The Covid FORCEFIELD Be With Me!!... and with ALL of you!!

Old 02-01-2022, 02:45 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,500,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Denmarks vaccination rate of those over 12 is 83%. Spain's vaccination rate is almost the same at 82%.
Vaccine doesn't do much of anything, except make big pharma rich.

South Africa where omicron began is only 28% vaccinated and their per capita death rate is 1,575 per million.

Spain's per capita death rate is 2,001, Ireland is 1,221, UK is 2,279 and US is 2,731.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:52 AM

249 posts, read 183,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Vaccine doesn't do much of anything, except make big pharma rich.

South Africa where omicron began is only 28% vaccinated and their per capita death rate is 1,575 per million.

Spain's per capita death rate is 2,001, Ireland is 1,221, UK is 2,279 and US is 2,731.
Japan's vaccination rate is almost 80% and their death rate is 1/10ths of South Africa's, same with Australia. Most of the deaths of the countries you mentioned with similar death rates to South Africa occurred prior to their population being widely vaccination. So yeah, Ireland in March 2021 with a vaccination rate of 23% is going to have similar death rates. If you take recent numbers then South Africa is doing much worse.

Old 02-02-2022, 04:31 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,986,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
FakeBook Faksysicians!

The irony is with all these workers, they don't want the vaccine in their body yet they will smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, smoke marijuana, gobble prescription meds like candy on top of all the junk food they can swallow!
You do realize that antivax folks were mostly the liberal vegsn types who worry about putting things into their body. Meanwhile we had people storming krispy kreme because they offered free donuts for getting your vax. I dont know where this notion that unvaxxed are the unhealthy ones eating junk. Some do for sure but way more of those types are getting the vax and cashing in on their free fast food.

Quote:
Japan's vaccination rate is almost 80% and their death rate is 1/10ths of South Africa's, same with Australia. Most of the deaths of the countries you mentioned with similar death rates to South Africa occurred prior to their population being widely vaccination. So yeah, Ireland in March 2021 with a vaccination rate of 23% is going to have similar death rates. If you take recent numbers then South Africa is doing much worse.
Post those recent numbers.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:36 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,015,819 times
Quote:
Your'e bringing up other countries policies, so their reasons for their polices, which you brought up, are relevant.
I was more so asking if you're saying an 82% vaccination rate is sufficient (for any country, people group, etc.) to drop all mandates?

What's your golden threshold at which mandates should be dropped? Seems like most countries were attempting to get to 100% at one time, now most of these countries are obviously abandoning that idea and embracing that that will never happen and that's fine.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:42 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,015,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
You do realize that antivax folks were mostly the liberal vegsn types who worry about putting things into their body. Meanwhile we had people storming krispy kreme because they offered free donuts for getting your vax. I dont know where this notion that unvaxxed are the unhealthy ones eating junk. Some do for sure but way more of those types are getting the vax and cashing in on their free fast food.

Yep. I always found it funny how the gov't or private businesses were trying to incentivize people to get the vaccine. Get such and such for free when you get vaccinated! As if that would suddenly change the average persons mind on the issue entirely lol! Most people who have decided not to get vaccinated seem to be doing so because they're concerned with what's in the vaccine and ramifications (short and long term) of putting it in their body. Getting a free donut probably won't change their minds on the subject haha.

Last edited by Kluch; 02-02-2022 at 09:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois