Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2022, 09:01 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Chicago South Sider, good morning,

AND I imagine as a dedicated gym enthusiast as yourself, you are touching weights, and other equipment that many people at the gym have touched.

So WHAT is your secret for being unvaccinated, being in this "germy environment" and staying Covid-free?????

I'm wondering: Are you keeping your hands clean? Are you possibly staying a bit clearer from an individual if they're panting and/or coughing nearby? Are you boosting your immunity BECAUSE you're finding time to exercise in your free time?

If so, I'm guessing a LOT of people could also follow such practices and not need a vaccination?????

Or, as everyone seems to say: Guys like you and I are just LUCKY so far!!!
Believe it or not, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary. I do not wear a mask at the gym or anywhere else I can get away from it. I do sanitize gym equipment most of the time for what it's worth. I'd say that out in DuPage County at least half the people in the gym do not have masks on. It's like a breath of fresh air.

What's keeping me safe? Either some sort of natural immunity or a combination of an excellent diet and a high level fitness.

Old 02-02-2022, 09:44 AM

4,653 posts, read 3,260,261 times
Chicago South Sider, my man!

So it sounds like you're using the same healthy, courteous, AND good sense logic that you probably applied even BEFORE Covid was a thing!

Additionally, I would be a proponent to everyone to really examine what you put into your body, regarding food and drink, in order to boost your immune system, and stay mentally and physically healthier!

Wishing you all the best. I heard you got the snow today, for once, and we did not up here!

Take care everyone. Be healthy and happy!!!

Old 02-02-2022, 10:55 AM

249 posts, read 182,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
I was more so asking if you're saying an 82% vaccination rate is sufficient (for any country, people group, etc.) to drop all mandates?

What's your golden threshold at which mandates should be dropped? Seems like most countries were attempting to get to 100% at one time, now most of these countries are obviously abandoning that idea and embracing that that will never happen and that's fine.
I'm not saying its sufficient, the countries you guys are posting are saying its sufficient.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:35 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
It may all be a moot point. Omicron is so contagious that pretty much everyone who doesn't get vaccinated is going to get Omicron and hopefully recover and develop antibodies against Covid the same as if they were vaccinated.

Old 02-02-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
It may all be a moot point. Omicron is so contagious that pretty much everyone who doesn't get vaccinated is going to get Omicron and hopefully recover and develop antibodies against Covid the same as if they were vaccinated.
Vaccinated people will get Omnicron, too, just like they got the other strains. In case you missed it, they changed the narrative on the vaccines. Now, the vaccines don't stop you from catching or spreading Covid. They only help with your symptoms. That had to change their sales pitch a bit afterwards. Now, the narrative is to protect yourself, which is what I've been saying from the beginning. Also, some people are simply immune to Covid and will never catch it.

They've flip-flopped so much on this I'm surprised anyone still listens. Anyway, this pandemic is over as far as I'm concerned.

Old 02-02-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Chicago South Sider, my man!

So it sounds like you're using the same healthy, courteous, AND good sense logic that you probably applied even BEFORE Covid was a thing!

Additionally, I would be a proponent to everyone to really examine what you put into your body, regarding food and drink, in order to boost your immune system, and stay mentally and physically healthier!

Wishing you all the best. I heard you got the snow today, for once, and we did not up here!

Take care everyone. Be healthy and happy!!!
This is America, Jay. The average man is 5'9", has a 40 inch waist and weighs 198lbs! The average woman is 5'4", has a whopping 38 inch waist and weighs 176lbs. That should tell you everything you need to know about what people put in their bodies.

Last edited by Chicago South Sider; 02-02-2022 at 02:57 PM..

Old 02-04-2022, 07:47 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times
Mask mandate knocked down by courts for hundreds of Illinois school districts.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/illi...4e1dae2a3.html

Old 02-07-2022, 09:14 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,009,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post

...as it should be.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post

A lot of Illinois residents are going to be upset about this. They prefer to be subjugated.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:51 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,009,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
A lot of Illinois residents are going to be upset about this. They prefer to be subjugated.

They like to feel "SAFE" lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois