Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 12:29 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,441,249 times

Advertisements

That is one thing I definitely don't understand. If you have had covid then you have been exposed not only to the spike protein but to the entire virus and at a much higher dose than the vaccine could provide. I do not see what benefit vaccination would have except a booster after at least 6 months as the immunity apparently is short lived. Some vaccinations are like that. Some last years or even a lifetime others a matter of months. Dog leptospirosis is like that as well.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:36 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times
flamadiddle, I get to stay at my hotel until 3:00.

I have a hankering for a pizza flatbread at Barnes and Noble in Deerfield!!!

Milwaukee, the city, now has a mask mandate in public places. I technically live in Greenfield which is a Milwaukee County city, so masks are optional, unless an individual place has made it mandatory.

I heard a "study" shows wearing masks makes one look attractive to others....

When I heard that, I started wearing a mask 24 hours!.... God, I look real good!!

Old 01-24-2022, 12:58 PM

1,068 posts, read 919,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
That's an assumption about not having severe (covid related) symptoms post vaccination, as it sounds like you haven't gotten covid since being vaccinated. Many have been vaccinated only to still struggle significantly with covid symptoms. It's all a gamble, like I said before. You could be completely fine without being vaccinated or get vaccinated and then end up fighting for your life. My wife's friend, who's currently in the hospital, now has covid (since she was admitted her 4th time) and that vaccine she took is doing little to help keep her alive, or so it seems. Those hundreds of millions of people don't know for sure how their bodies will respond long term to the mRNA concoctions in these vaccines.

A sanctuary city? lol. Those unvaccinated will just have to gain natural immunity to the virus over time, something that's been going on for thousands of years.
The fear mongering around covid with an extremely low complications/death rate has only been surpassed by the fear mongering around the covid vaccine which is extremely safe with an even lower complications/death rate.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:08 PM

2,389 posts, read 2,344,125 times
Quote:
"Very safe" is relative. It was very safe for those who didn't have side effects or haven't had any noticeable side effects (yet). The narrative around these vaccines is constantly changing. First it was they'll help stop the spread of covid. Then it was they'll lessen the spread but they're not as effective in stopping the spread of covid as we initially thought. Then it was they'll reduce the symptoms you might have if you get covid. Then it was, well you'll need a booster since the first two shots weren't as effective as thought. Then it was some people are showing symptoms (both long and short term) from getting the vaccine (myocarditis and other documented health concerns). In 6 months we don't know what side effects could arise.

The long term effects from covid are as dangerous as the long term effects from the vaccine. And don't say you're more likely to have long term covid side effects, because these vaccines have only been rolled out for what? A bit more than a year now? The science is on-going, not a one and done thing. You take a risk one way or another, it's what I've been saying since the beginning. As a healthy 30's individual I'll take my chances with a 99% recovery rate.
Drink water. And lots of it. It'll flush out any toxins associated with the vax. That's what I did after I got my original one on a Saturday, felt like total crap on Sunday with chills, fatigue, soreness, etc, back to normal by Monday.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:58 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
I think people are forgetting, that one of the main reasons for vaccine mandates is to prevent the hospitals from getting any more overwhelmed than they already are. The vaccines also protect people from getting symptoms that debilitate them the rest of their lives.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:02 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I heard a "study" shows wearing masks makes one look attractive to others....

Because eyes are generally beautiful, while noses are not.

Old 01-24-2022, 02:40 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times
Sunbiz1, I've bought so much into the rhetoric, I'm afraid to lower my mask in public, for fear of looking like Quasimodo, without it.

Do you think when people see me driving alone in my car, with the windows up and my mask on, they say: He is REALLY good looking!?!

Old 01-24-2022, 04:10 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
There is no reason exposure to mRNA would cause any long term effects. The mRNA is destroyed very quickly by the body. Your cells are crawling with nucleases that destroy RNA especially foreign ones. RNA is unstable and is only meant to have a short life before being degraded. The bodies immune system is used to being exposed to foreign proteins and RNA, it happens constantly throughout every day your immune system reacts to nucleic acids, proteins, and carbohydrates from all the foreign organisms you are exposed to daily from the air, food, stuff living in your guts etc and your immune system makes antibodies to fight them. That is why people with destroyed immune systems have to be put in a sterile room with filtered air.

If you recall your basic biology genetic information is stored on DNA, the section of DNA containing the information necessary to make a peptide sequence is then transcribed onto mRNA which is then translated into an amino acid sequence. That mRNA is broken down after a short time.

mRNA technology has been around for over 40 years. Why in that entire time has no mRNA vaccine been approved and brought to market anywhere in the world until the Covid panic?

Why is the Moderna mRNA vaccine still not approved by the FDA and is still being administered on an emergency use basis?

Why is Pzifer still operating under emergency use authorization with its vaccine in the US even though the FDA approved Comirnaty?

I know and interact (without masks) with many unvaccinated people and these are all legitimate questions. I am in my mid 60s with no comorbidities and struggled over whether to get vaccinated or not. I decided to get vaxed since I am out and about and fly every month, and have throughout the pandemic. Getting boosted seemed to be a shot in the dark with no real proof and even my doctor said it was a personal decision. I am the only person I know who is boosted but I worry that it was the wrong choice.

If I were under 40 and in otherwise good health there is no way in h*ll I would get vaccinated. Over the holidays I had two close acquaintances test positive. Both in their 30s. One unvaccinated and the other double vaxed and boosted. Tested positive within 12 hours of one another. Both were sick for several days and were back in the saddle in a week. Now both have better immunity than I do.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:59 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,579,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Drink water. And lots of it. It'll flush out any toxins associated with the vax. That's what I did after I got my original one on a Saturday, felt like total crap on Sunday with chills, fatigue, soreness, etc, back to normal by Monday.
See, this is the main reason I will never get vaccinated for Covid-19. Why on Earth would I make myself ill, even for a day, for a virus that can't even deal with my immune system? Yeah, no thanks.

Old 01-29-2022, 07:33 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,985,345 times
Quote:
"Very safe" is relative. It was very safe for those who didn't have side effects or haven't had any noticeable side effects (yet). The narrative around these vaccines is constantly changing. First it was they'll help stop the spread of covid. Then it was they'll lessen the spread but they're not as effective in stopping the spread of covid as we initially thought. Then it was they'll reduce the symptoms you might have if you get covid. Then it was, well you'll need a booster since the first two shots weren't as effective as thought. Then it was some people are showing symptoms (both long and short term) from getting the vaccine (myocarditis and other documented health concerns). In 6 months we don't know what side effects could arise.

Google the term 'dies suddenly'. It's been on the rise for a reason, and it's not due to covid. People are noticing that death rates and up (just like those articles I shared) and it's not just the unvaccinated who have covid, it's people who are vaccinated as well. Normal working age people. You can listen to the media and most mainstream news reports but they're telling one side of the story.

I don't plan on getting vaccinated... ever. You might have to get vaccinated in Australia but here in America, as of now it's not a requirement. We're still talking about a virus with a 99%+ recovery rate when you take out the demographics of the elderly, at-risk and obese populations (which those demographics are always more at risk for sickness).

The long term effects from covid are as dangerous as the long term effects from the vaccine. And don't say you're more likely to have long term covid side effects, because these vaccines have only been rolled out for what? A bit more than a year now? The science is on-going, not a one and done thing. You take a risk one way or another, it's what I've been saying since the beginning. As a healthy 30's individual I'll take my chances with a 99% recovery rate.
As someone who has suffered negative vaccine side effects for 4 months now, I couldn't agree more. I just quit my job because I refuse to go along with my employer's booster vaccine mandate. It's very hard to get a medical exemption in California. The 2 doctors I went to got real quiet when I told them my throat started swelling within 3 days of getting the J&J vax. I'm just not going to jump through those hoops and I don't think I should have to. I already know nobody is going to help me if I suffer more side effects from the vax.

Oh, and despite being vaccinated, I got the omicrhon variant anyway. Of course, they won't honor natural immuity even though the scientists agree that it is better than the vaccine. So much for "following the science".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois