Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 03:21 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times

Advertisements

I lived in Illinois but moved at the beginning of this year. I remember him being very unpopular, but I was listening to the radio (O'Reilly maybe?) and the person said that Blagojevich was possibly looking at jail time? Is this true, if so what for?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
I sure hope he sees some.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 PM

49 posts, read 177,624 times
I moved too. Hmm hopefully he will, but with Obama as president he might get a pardon or oh god a low level cabinet position after his term is up. Shudders the Chicago political machine comes to Washington. Hmm I wonder if Blago would continue to live in Chicago if he got a DC job? Could you see that Blago taking daily flights From Chicago to Washington?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM

166 posts, read 855,698 times
If there is any justice left, he should be wearing stripes. Is there a category for 'Crimes against the State'?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:28 AM

158 posts, read 405,288 times
Default I'm no fan of Blago ....

but what crimes might he have committed? Please elaborate if you have facts. I would like to know details.

I too got out of the great state of Illinois early this year. I left for greener pastures and lower medical malpractice rates. I really liked Illinois a lot. There are great people there and lots to do. But the citizens of Illinois keep electing sleezeball governors like Edger and Blago.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 AM

287 posts, read 1,086,538 times
I was just talking to my dad about this yesterday and asked him how this guy keeps getting elected? Who's voting for him?? I met him about 6 years ago when I was working for the state board of ed., specifically in a regional office of education. He announced he was coming downstate to tout some early childhood legislation. We had a reception for him at a local restaurant with local teachers, students, politicians and tons of media that my boss had arranged. He gave his speech on how awesome he was, then had the nerve to announce that he was going to make it his mission to eliminate the ROE's since they were "useless" entities which did nothing but suck money from the state...and all of this was on camera, of course. So the reporters immediatly descended upon my boss, the local superintendent, for his reaction. It was unbelievable. As Blago's standing there eating the appetizers, he's declaring everyone in the place a waste of space. Regardless of your politics, it was such a sleazy move. What a jerk.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,261 times
so back to my original question, what exactly did he do that might land him in jail?

Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM

287 posts, read 1,086,538 times
Gateway Pundit: <em>Busted!...</em> Obama-Rezko Buddy Blagojevich Caught In Scandal! (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/busted-obama-friend-associate.html - broken link)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/blagojevich/783095,chriskelly020708.article (broken link)

Google "Blagojevich in jail." You'll find lots of interesting stuff.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
so back to my original question, what exactly did he do that might land him in jail?
Shakedowns for political fundraising is the likely allegation. It's what his two top fundraisers have already been convicted of.

The fact that Rezko's sentencing has been delayed indicates that his lawyers and the U.S. Attorney's Office is close to striking a deal to have him testify against Blago. Nothing's certain yet, but the heat is on.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:22 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Quote:
But the citizens of Illinois keep electing sleezeball governors like Edger and Blago.
I thought Jim Edgar had a good reputation and no accusations of wrong doing against him. Are you confusing him with George Ryan who is in prison?
What is it about IL governors being indicted? Otto Kerner, Dan Walker, George Ryan and soon to be Blago? Makes me yearn for efficient government, like Louisiana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: