Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 AM

20 posts, read 44,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookb361 View Post
Obviously those of you who have spoken negatively about Anderson have never lived or stayed in Corpus Christi TX. Anderson is a beautiful old antiquey type town with a low crime rate and small population. The houses are not junky and trashy. They are old and might need some TLC but due to an aging population are not as well cared for as the owners might want them to be. So before you go running out and talking down about this quaint little town do some more research. You might find it's not as bad as you think it is. Where I come from its so much worse. Corpus Christi TX look it up.
I lived in Aransas Pass, TX (about 30min from CC). The only nice thing about CC is the beach, the hotels, the food and the people I met there. I would never live there again and due to the hurricanes. My grandparents literally off the intercoastal bay where there are multi million dollar houses, I never seen the houses in CC, but I can't imagine they are any worse off than the worst houses here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Are you referring to the fact that some corn has yet to be harvested? Those farmers will eventually get to it. Remember that the vast majority of corn produced around here isn't for direct human consumption. It's for animal feed and other uses.

Yeah I'm a new-be! Thanks for answering my question.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy47sm View Post
I've lived in Anderson for the past 40+ years. I love this town even though there are problems like any other city it's size. First off it just depends on the side of town you live in what the problems are. The city is working hard to clean up the town. After so many people have moved due to the plant closing there are alot of properties that are not being cared for. Were I live we all help to care for properties that have been left empty. As I see it most of the real trouble with the run down house's are because of slum lords that dont take care of there rentals. If they would do inspections of there rental, and fix or care for the house's that are not being cared for then morethan half the house's in this town would be nice. Mowing seems to be a big problem for people who rent, (not all). Landlords sould pay to have this done if it becomes a problem. There are lots of was to fix the trash problem in this town. People on work release could clean trash up if they can't pay there fee's. There could be a program to help clean the streets or alley's for traffic fine's. The ideas are endless, but most would take an effort from the city. This county has 2 prison's and plenty of inmates that would love to get out and work on road crews. It seems to me that bringing this city back to life and cleaning it would be a priority. The people are great here. I really do enjoy living here, maybe we will get someone in the mayors office that will put the city first and there own needs last.
In your opinion, if you had the opportunity to rent out your house....would you?

Old 11-20-2009, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,356 times
Default What are you looking for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCL View Post
I'm considering relocating to the greater Indianapolis area and a few towns have caught my eye. One of them is Anderson. It looks like a nice community with low crime rate, but as someone said everything looks rosy on the internet.

Can anyone tell me more about it? Are there bad areas of Anderson to avoid?

What about Muncie, is that a good or bad place to live...and why?

Thanks very much!

Not sure I would pick Anderson. If you are looking for temp housing. We have one 20 minutes from Anderson. We are looking for a person or couple with great reference and credit. We own a house next door to us and it so nice. It is a turn of the century house with 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, office, dining room, large living room with fire place. screened in back porch. You get one bay of the garage. This is just been redone. We need to keep it incase my mom needs to move in but right now it is empty and in need of a perfect couple. It is a non smoking property and no pets.
New paint new carpet, just redone hardwood floors. If you are interested we are very close to Fishers, Noblesville and Pendleton. Great place

Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,603 times
I've lived in Anderson my entire life, and so have my parents. It's a trashy town that continues to go downhill. Our only claims to fame have been "Dirty Driving," a documentary about the rednecks who love racing at the local speedway and a nice episode/scandal on MTV's "16 and Pregnant." Would you really want to move to a town that is so full of rednecks and pregnant high-school dropouts that we have films/television episodes about it?!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,603 times
I forgot to mention something else. Anderson was used in Michael Moore's "Capitalism: A Love Story" as an example of a town in economic downturn. Just to add to our "claim-to-fame."

Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,303 times
Haha listen to all these Pendleton *******. Ya'll have always been jealous of us. Shut your mouth. Anderson is a great city, we've had some hard times but what would you snobs know about that? Apparently nothing. Come to Anderson and tell that to all of these "trashy" peoples faces. No? You don't want to? Oh that's right you want to be a worthless judgemental piece of **** and talk trash about a whole town on a damn forumn.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:22 AM

49 posts, read 82,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kielyA View Post
Haha listen to all these Pendleton *******. Ya'll have always been jealous of us. Shut your mouth. Anderson is a great city, we've had some hard times but what would you snobs know about that? Apparently nothing. Come to Anderson and tell that to all of these "trashy" peoples faces. No? You don't want to? Oh that's right you want to be a worthless judgemental piece of **** and talk trash about a whole town on a damn forumn.
I live just outside of Anderson. And people are right Anderson is a trashy city. high crime. lots of low life thugs. **** load of low information voters.

Yeah its a real wonderful place

Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
I live in anderson. According to wear you live in Anderson. They have some beautiful neighborhoods in anderson.
Very little crime to me. The reason I say that I'm originally from Ny city.
So the crime in Anderson is like a joke to me.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM

26 posts, read 41,407 times
DO they still race the figure 8s over in Anderson? Anybody know? I know that use to be quite the draw and was the main attraction in Anderson for things to do on Saturdays. Sold out crowds nearly ever week as long as it didn't rain. If memry serves, HBO even had a special report on it a few years back.

Last edited by Virgil Steiner; 07-15-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana