Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM

369 posts, read 681,717 times

Advertisements

So, who here is waiting anxiously for the Fall season? This summer has been brutal. I don't do well in heat, and it isn't because I am some overweight or obese person, my body just is normally warm and the summer heat isn't a friend of mine. I need that break in temperature to get wood split and re-stacked for winter heating, to work in my attic, to work in my crawl space, and do anything else that I have to be out of the home to do.

Fall also is festival season in the state. Anyone doing any certain festivals this year? I am looking at the following:

-Visit Brown County SP and Nashville
-Visit Metamora
-Visit Parke County during the covered bridge festival
-Visit Shades SP and/or Turkey Run SP

In addition, I want to venture out to some places I haven't been before such as:

-Hiking the Hoosier Nat'l Forest
-Hiking/visit Fort Harrison SP (Only live about seven miles away, but always thought it was a flat, boring, grasslands park...recently learned otherwise).
-Visit Wayne Co./Richmond area for the highest point in Indiana and see Thistlethwaite Falls.

Any other suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 02:44 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I second that! This summer has been AWFUL!!!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:53 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,933 times
I can't wait until Sept. 4th arrives with college football.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:11 AM

48 posts, read 129,517 times
Fall wouldn't be so bad if it lasted 6 months. <G> It will only last a short while with lots of damp rainy weather.
We usually visit living history or re-enactments in Rochester, Lafayette, Huntington, Hartford City, Marion & Kokomo.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:59 AM

912 posts, read 1,332,011 times
I will gladly welcome fall cooler temps and lots of rain .I am tired of summer .

Old 08-29-2010, 06:21 AM

438 posts, read 1,360,317 times
I will welcome fall if they would make the Covered Bridge Festival a fly-in only event or at least shorten it to one three day weekend. Two weeks of looky-loos and traffic that resembles 465 at 5:30 only condensed to two lanes is an ever-loving nightmare.

AFA the weather? Love it. Had to wear a jacket to market yesterday but shed it by 9:30 and was considering putting shorts on by 1

Old 08-29-2010, 09:38 AM

797 posts, read 2,338,424 times
Sounds like some fun plans. Hiking the Hoosier Natl Forest is fantastic. I'm planning on hitting up the Adventure Hiking Trail near Corydon in October.

I would not recommend the trip you mentioned to the highest point in Indiana though. I'm in Richmond right now. It's pretty flat and open farmland and the "highest point" isn't all that impressive since basically all the land in this area is at the same elevation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravekid View Post
So, who here is waiting anxiously for the Fall season? This summer has been brutal. I don't do well in heat, and it isn't because I am some overweight or obese person, my body just is normally warm and the summer heat isn't a friend of mine. I need that break in temperature to get wood split and re-stacked for winter heating, to work in my attic, to work in my crawl space, and do anything else that I have to be out of the home to do.

Fall also is festival season in the state. Anyone doing any certain festivals this year? I am looking at the following:

-Visit Brown County SP and Nashville
-Visit Metamora
-Visit Parke County during the covered bridge festival
-Visit Shades SP and/or Turkey Run SP

In addition, I want to venture out to some places I haven't been before such as:

-Hiking the Hoosier Nat'l Forest
-Hiking/visit Fort Harrison SP (Only live about seven miles away, but always thought it was a flat, boring, grasslands park...recently learned otherwise).
-Visit Wayne Co./Richmond area for the highest point in Indiana and see Thistlethwaite Falls.

Any other suggestions?

Old 08-29-2010, 12:59 PM

369 posts, read 681,717 times
Thanks for the tips. Visiting the highest point in Indiana would actually be part of a trip seeing a few things out east. Sucks that the view isn't that grand or anything. I just checked Accuweather, it appears that we might not get a break from the mid-80s to 90s till mid-Sept. Only about two weeks or so...finally. It was so hot this summer we skipped the State Fair, which sucks because I really like going.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:19 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,551,413 times
I also can't wait until this heat is finally gone!!! I am so looking to the fall season, hopefully we'll have one.

The above pics are of my fav place to go in the fall the Kangamangus Highway in NH. As you can see the it's an awesome place to be when the leaves are changing colors and the mts. are as high and low as you can see. It's such a place of pure beauty!

I will be also be visiting the following places:

- Apple Picking at Parlee Farms, Tyngsboro, MA
The early mac's are so tart and yummy
- Pumpkin Picking at Parlee Farms, Tyngsboro, MA
- Hay Rides
- Fall Festivals

HAPPY fALL EVERYONE!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,039 times
The last few evenings have been nice, I'm ready for fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana