Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 03:34 PM

9 posts, read 14,381 times

Advertisements

Sorry to hijack your thread Wildcat, but I would like to ask domergurl a question. I will be in Columbus in the summer for an internship with Cummins. Looking for an apartment that will give me a 3 month lease has been few and far between. I was wondering if you have any opinions on Quail Run and Fox Pointe. Also, if you know of anywhere else that could possibly offer one I would be extremely grateful. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 04:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
My neighbor is an awesome realtor and she is pulling her hair out because the renting stock in this town is the pits in terms of how few units are available. Our local paper ran an article about it recently. It's sad because Cummins and NTN are going gonzo hiring people left and right and there isn't' anywhere for them to LIVE! Come on Columbus!!!!

But I digress ... both complexes are nice and if you have an opportunity to get one, SIGN!!!

Old 03-29-2012, 05:56 AM

9 posts, read 14,381 times
After the short experience in having trying to find an short term option I agree. Thank you for your ok on both locations. I heard a couple horror stories about quail run having critters already occupying the apartments. I am leaning towards fox points because of this, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't located in a bad part of town. Also found an apartment complex called Bloomington Apartments, any input on this one? Thanks again for your help.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
I've never heard of that!

Cummins owns the old city hall downtown that has recently been converted to apartments ... great location for work!!!

Also LHP converted the old post office into apartments. You could check on those too.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM

23 posts, read 66,766 times
Default Columbus Ind not that good.

You would be alot better off in Nashville Ind / Brown County. The quality of life there is superb and the rent is well within your budget. Its about 30 min from Columbus. In Nashville there is little crime, no cabs or buses, no sirens, homeless, welfare offices, no sirens 24 hr a day etc... The cops dont put up with anything and will lock you up! I lived there for many years and think that you will love it. There are several winerys there if you like wine tasteing. The tourist people visit here year round. Alot of people from Columbus would love to live there but cant afford it. You will be what you see!

Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM

23 posts, read 66,766 times
Default Columbus

Nashville In is a good place to live. Its west of Columbus about 30 minutes. Nashville is a small tourist town with Brown county state park next door.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM

3 posts, read 5,723 times
If you will be working in Shelbyville, why not consider moving to Shelbyville? It is a quiet, safe, small town environment with some of the lowest real estate prices in Central Indiana and som of the best bang for the buck. There has been a lot of new housing construction there in recent years, and if you don't like vinyl villages, there are many bargains to be had among older and slightly older homes. Seriously a $100-$150,000 house almost anywhere else would go for $60-$90,000 there, only because it is off the beaten path from Indianapolis. If you are dead set on Columbus, some of the nicer homes in your range would be up around the river rd. area near the Bakalar, & just South of East S.R. 46 & Marr Rd. Also, just North of the curve of Rt. 31 as it meets Washington St. I don't know any of the subdivision names because it has been too many years since I've lived there, but I have visited recently and things are pretty much the same as they were. The people who say there hasn't been much new construction are right, you are probably looking at a slightly older home. The most new construction I've seen around Columbus is actually North of town on 31, near Taylorsville & the Edinburgh outlet mall.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,723 times
Higher end homes in Columbus are off W. S.R. 46 & I-65, miles of subdivisions that were built in the 70s for mid-level Cummins management.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,498 times
546 Washington ST LOFTS is another option for living! I know each condo has it owner..but some time they are up for renting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana