Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,466 times

Advertisements

I left Indiana some 38 years ago and haven't been back except to visit family. I'm thankful for the values and experiences I took with me but don't find much to attract me to return. I have been around the world and settled in San Diego 30 years ago. I have been thinking about moving back east but if I do it will be farther south rather than return to the Hoosier State if I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
That's ok ... we'll always be here if you need to get a little Hoosier jolt.

Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:02 PM

10 posts, read 33,792 times
all my aunts and uncles left the state (Cali, FLA, Ariz)..mostly for job opportunities, which is absolutely understandable. They are all in their 50's 60's, so their reason for not coming back now is mostly due to the cold weather. My sister moved to Florida 7 years ago and she said she will never move back, her most immediate reason: cold weather.

Indiana is very cold if your used to Cali, Ariz, or FLA, but certainly not frigid. I guess if you're used to highs in winter registering anywhere from 60-80, a high of 35 seems pretty ridiculous. Indiana isn't very exciting I suppose, but I love it. I can see myself moving away at some point, but I will never be gone forever in body or mind. Happy New Year folks.

GO IU, beat Iowa!

Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 AM

413 posts, read 1,845,396 times
We have less than 2 months left of "hoosier living."
I got a job in L.A. and love it out there. Everytime I come back to Indiana I get sad, there's just nothing here for me. If your a family oriented person that don't mind messed up weather patterns than Indiana is not all too bad. Personally I dont like it here, but I don't feel the need to go around badmouthing it anymore, I think I grew past that stage finally. I just know it's not for me, never has been.
I use all my negative experiences here as my fuel to keep me from ever coming back to Indiana. I will never forget some of the good times I've had here either, like meeting my wife (who is on the same page as me with all of this), or my great brothers and mother, but they need a warm place to visit

Old 01-02-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
but I don't feel the need to go around badmouthing it anymore,
Saints be praised

Best wishes for a better emotional state for you in LA.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Saints be praised

Best wishes for a better emotional state for you in LA.
Are you implying I am mental? Well your wrong, I'm CRAZY!!!

And I love every second of it!!!! God if I was like everyone else life would be numbing.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm simply implying that for your own emtional health and well being, you need to get out of here. Nobody should be somewhere they hate.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,466 times
I think you will love living in California, although expensive it is a great place to live. They don't roll up the streets at 9pm and you don't have to go to another state to have something to do. We used to have to go to Louisville if you wanted to find something to do when I was growing up. The only real things I find annoying is the cost of living and traffic. Wait till you get to LA you haven't seen anything close to their highway traffic I would venture to guess. All the best.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
If I was a wealthy man I would by every bit of property in Gary as i could afford. Is Gary a rathole now? yes. But I dont think it will stay that way. It is too well located for the industrial base to stay idle too long.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest77 View Post
I think you will love living in California, although expensive it is a great place to live. They don't roll up the streets at 9pm and you don't have to go to another state to have something to do. We used to have to go to Louisville if you wanted to find something to do when I was growing up. The only real things I find annoying is the cost of living and traffic. Wait till you get to LA you haven't seen anything close to their highway traffic I would venture to guess. All the best.
Thanks. Been there several times and yes, the traffic is terrible. Lucky for me I'll be working within a mile of my apartment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: