Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 05:57 PM

51 posts, read 88,188 times

Advertisements

I am shopping for a new place to live. Seems like life sometimes takes you in directions you don't expect. I feel as if southern IN is a good area for me. I am trying to decide between the 2 areas. Living on the KY side of the river is not an option for me.

I have some family who lives in Jeffersonville and the absolutely love the area. I personally have not been there (that I am old enough to actually remember anything about it). Having family right IN Jeffersonville is a plus for that town. I am going to scout out the area in a month or so. I am very anxious to check it out. I hope it is everything I could hope for.

On the other side, I am fairly familiar with Evansville. I have been there numerous times and halfway know my way around. It seems like a fairly decent place to me. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that I do not know anybody there besides in-law relatives (quite possibly soon to be ex in-laws).

So, if anybody is familiar with both areas... which is better? Which one has a better prospect for finding a job? Finding a job is a big issue, if/when I move I will have to quit my job, it is not transferrable to another area. Just looking for some opinions/discussions about some of the pros/cons about the 2 areas.

For the record... the KY not being an option is not a legal issue. I have lived in KY, it has too many bad memories and I just don't want to reside in that place. I have also lived in Missouri and Illinois. Moving to Indiana is not going to be a big cultural shock. I have spent a lot of time there in the past. I have family in the Bedford area. There seems to be no opportunity there so I am looking further south.

Last edited by CShel24; 09-07-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 07:21 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Jeffersonville has the advantage of being right across the river from Louisville, a major city with tons to do in the entertainment area. Jeffersonville itself is just a suburb of Louisville where Evansville is the principal city in its metro. Jeffersonville is still pretty small town and will still feel a lot like Evansville, except that everything will revolve around Louisville. Personally I'd pick Jeffersonville, bigger area, you have family, and it's growing. Evansville is kind of stagnant and isolated. Not saying it's a bad town, just not the better of these two.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 PM

271 posts, read 458,768 times
I would go with Jeffersonville, it is a suburb of Louisville, so you'll have better and more city amenities from Louisville than you'll get from Evansville, and like ColdAilment said, E-ville is kinda isolated, so in Jeffersonville you'll be in a much closer distance to cities like Indianapolis and Cincinnati if you care about being near them. About the job, that could set apart which will be better, if you find a better paying job in E-ville, I would pick it over Louisville, after all its not that bad of place to live in.

Basically, if you want to live in a medium-sized city go with Evansville, if you want to live near a large-major city, then by all means go with Jeffersonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana