Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2018, 03:50 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times

Advertisements

Breaking news

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/south-b...-looms-n949041

Now many national news media outlets are speculating if he's seeking a presidential run. For the sake of his reputation I hope he doesn't run, yet. In 2020 he will have just turned 38, still probably too young for a real shot at a presidential run.

I know many people in South Bend and around the area will miss him after he's left office. Whether they realize that right away, or if it takes a new mayor's unusual sounding rhetoric and different focus, people will remember him and the role he played in changing and growing the city. Some of his Hallmark achievements are 1,000 houses in 1,000 days phase 1, Smart Streets which turned one way streets into two way streets with Street beautification added, smart sewers, and an instrumental role in attracting and enticing investment and development in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 08:22 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
It looks like he did a great job for South Bend.

Agreed that it's probably too soon for a Presidential run. I think he could do well as governor.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:06 PM

67 posts, read 132,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Breaking news

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/south-b...-looms-n949041

Now many national news media outlets are speculating if he's seeking a presidential run. For the sake of his reputation I hope he doesn't run, yet. In 2020 he will have just turned 38, still probably too young for a real shot at a presidential run.

I know many people in South Bend and around the area will miss him after he's left office. Whether they realize that right away, or if it takes a new mayor's unusual sounding rhetoric and different focus, people will remember him and the role he played in changing and growing the city. Some of his Hallmark achievements are 1,000 houses in 1,000 days phase 1, Smart Streets which turned one way streets into two way streets with Street beautification added, smart sewers, and an instrumental role in attracting and enticing investment and development in the city.
I wonder why Buttigieg did not try to get Donnely's seat. Obama was not a former governor when he ran for president. I think that Pete would make a good president. I do not think that he has enough money on his own to campaign well enough to get the job.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:42 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,978,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntlucy View Post
I wonder why Buttigieg did not try to get Donnely's seat. Obama was not a former governor when he ran for president. I think that Pete would make a good president. I do not think that he has enough money on his own to campaign well enough to get the job.
He raised over $7 million from January through the end of March, that's quite a bit for a Mayor from such a small city, and more than several other prominent Democrats running for president.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:19 PM

6 posts, read 5,453 times
I grew up in SB with the population at 130,000 and watched as unions chased one company after another out to lower wage states.
I think Singer was the first, then Studebaker and sometime Bendix left too but I left in '58 never to return except on my dad's birthdays.
When my family and I chose to flee from California, I didn't even consider moving back to my home town because each time I visited, it was dirtier and more ramshackle than the time before.
I don't miss the area and I'm sure it doesn't miss me either.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:24 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freetek View Post
I grew up in SB with the population at 130,000 and watched as unions chased one company after another out to lower wage states.
I think Singer was the first, then Studebaker and sometime Bendix left too but I left in '58 never to return except on my dad's birthdays.
When my family and I chose to flee from California, I didn't even consider moving back to my home town because each time I visited, it was dirtier and more ramshackle than the time before.
I don't miss the area and I'm sure it doesn't miss me either.
The fact that it's an old industrial city on the decline makes it a possible retirement spot. Low rent, and if you want to take a day trip yo Chicago there is the South Shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: