Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 10:36 PM

7 posts, read 15,391 times

Advertisements

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. We will be relocating mid February. My husband will be working out of the Madison area but willing to commute up to 45 min-1 hr. Any suggestions on good places to live in this range? We have kids, so good schools is a priority for us. We also will be looking to rent a townhouse/house etc.

does anyone know of agents who assist families looking to rent a home?

TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 AM

265 posts, read 964,574 times
Madison itself is a very nice town in a scenic location along the Ohio River, surrounded by smaller, more rural towns within a 45 min to hours drive. 133 blocks of the downtown area is on the National Register of Historic Places as Madison Historic District.

Anderson Elementary in Madison is one of the 4-star rated schools in Indiana.

If you're considering Kentucky, you may want to ask on that forum. Louisville is a little over an hour away from Madison.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:05 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
We like it here in Columbus! You could also look at Seymour.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:46 AM

7 posts, read 15,391 times
Thank you! We did look at Columbus and we really like the area. But, I am trying to contact real estate agents that can help provide some homes-townhomes-condos for rent and everyone seems very negative on that subject. Where can we find home rentals in columbus-anywhere online etc?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:11 PM

438 posts, read 1,360,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella4 View Post
Thank you! We did look at Columbus and we really like the area. But, I am trying to contact real estate agents that can help provide some homes-townhomes-condos for rent and everyone seems very negative on that subject. Where can we find home rentals in columbus-anywhere online etc?
Here's the rentals page from the Republic online: Real Estate Rental & Sale » Residential Rentals » Houses for Rent (Unfurnished) :: Classified Ads from The Republic :: The Republic Classifieds

I will say quality rentals in Columbus are super-hard to come by. I spent more than 2 years looking before the economy tanked and one after and found about 12 houses that would work for us {more than 1 bathroom, close to Parkside school or at least in Columbus North feeder area, less than $1k/month rent, not like i was looking for solid gold walls and diamond dust fixtures} The realtors I talked to said the same thing people said on my unGodly multitude of Columbus threads on this subforum, most people coming to Columbus buy or are looking to rent a smaller space, ie an apartment or duplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana