Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 12,081 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I grew up in a westside suburb and so I know the Indy area well but have not been living there for the last 6 years. I am looking for opinions on the best location to buy a home as a first time home buyer on the north side. I have been looking at Zionsville, Carmel, and Fishers and found homes to be less expensive in Fishers, but the drive to my office would be dreadful. Does anyone know a few good locations for homes that are not cookie-cutter for the 200K range?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 AM

332 posts, read 632,960 times
Moderator cut: advertising

If that's too far outside your price range, our first home was in the Eller Trails sub, and we really enjoyed that too. We bought for $155K and sold for $175K 4 years later...1,600 sq. ft. 3 BR (with bonus room off Master) ranch.

Since I'm a nice guy, I checked FC Tucker's map search and found a very nice looking (lots of brick on the front) two story 4 BR for sale in our old sub for $199K. I believe that was right down the road from us, on the corner, with a nice fenced in yard.

It's a nice little stand alone sub (no drive through streets) that is bordered by a great park directly behind it and to the left, then across the street is another sub with a great wooded walking path (that we borrowed) as well as another park down a bit to the right, with a drive that leads to a dead end, where you could let your dog run rampant.

I don't know who lives in this house, so I don't have any stake in this...but we really enjoyed the sub and location (the only problem was a few bad apples with crappy looking yards...but other than that, we loved it). It's off Eller, between 106th and Allisonville by the way. It's got a good mix of 2 story and ranches, so it's non cookie cutter appeal is what attracted us to it.

Check it out, and any others that tickle your fancy...

removed

I'd be a realtor if I didn't think they were a rip!

Last edited by Marka; 01-11-2007 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: read the rules

Old 01-09-2007, 09:11 PM

36 posts, read 214,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlii2946 View Post
Hi,

I grew up in a westside suburb and so I know the Indy area well but have not been living there for the last 6 years. I am looking for opinions on the best location to buy a home as a first time home buyer on the north side. I have been looking at Zionsville, Carmel, and Fishers and found homes to be less expensive in Fishers, but the drive to my office would be dreadful. Does anyone know a few good locations for homes that are not cookie-cutter for the 200K range?

Thanks!
If the drive is an issue, I would go with Zionsville. You can hop on 65 from 334 and be downtown in 20 minutes. I do it every day. If you tried the same thing from Fishers you would be at least 40 minutes...Plus Zionsville is smaller(at least for now), better schools, just a better place to live, IMHO. Of course, I have lived here myself for 7 years

I'll send you a private message with some good websites for Zionsville and the surrounding areas..

Old 01-15-2007, 03:49 PM

3 posts, read 12,081 times
Thanks guys, i'll check those out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana