Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,158,454 times

Advertisements

I did some more checking around and learned that Lovie Smith is also a strong Christian man. It's great that Lovie and Tony are proving to be two excellent role models for the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,066,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I would tend to agree. I don't know how far South Bend (Notre Dame) is from Indy but that's the only championships that come to mind for Indy. I think the city will erupt (in a good way) if the Colts pull this out (and I think they will).

What I like about Dungy is his reported work ethic. I don't mean that he spends 18 hours a day on films. What I understand is that he does his "job" in the time he alots, and then he is the family man- dinners with the family, grocery shopping, etc. So many coaches seem so absorbed by the game that all else is a distant second. He's proven you can do both and be sucessful!

I'm a HUGE Pats fan, but I have to admit, I'm becoming a (for the moment) a Colts fan. I do want to see Dungy, Manning, and (ack, 3 former Patriots) get a ring. It's going to be a great game!

This is a classy comment especially since you're a Pats fan. I agree with you 100%, it'll be a great game. Cheers.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 AM

76 posts, read 307,673 times
Default Tony vs Lovie

Let's just keep the players on the sideline on Sunday and let the two coaches fight it out. Put the ball on the 50 yard line and the two coaches on opposing 40 yard lines. No pads. No helmets. No rules. First one who crosses the goal line with the ball wins. It could be the shortest game in history, or the longest.
Since this won't happen, it's not going to be pretty folks. Peyton is going to take center stage with his team and Grossman's offense will, at least, have front row seats. They won't go home totally disappointed. They will admit to watching one of the greatest offensive displays, ever, in a Super Bowl.
Chicago has that reputation. You know, the "We Bad!", "Monters of the Midway" kind of reputation. I would fear that reputation. But now we have "Lovie and the Boys". HeHeHe. Blowout.
Peyton's supporting cast will certainly receive all the credit. How can you deny the rookie running back, Addai, the MVP trophy after running rough-shod over and through the Bears defense? Well, maybe with Peyton's 435 passing yards. He'll have 300 yards in the first half alone. The second half will feature the defense. Reckless Rex will throw 3 interceptions, with 2 being returned for touchdowns.
The spectacle of this Super Bowl will happen early in the fourth quarter. Tony Dungy will attempt to take Peyton out of the game. Manning will be seen throwing a severe caniption fit and keeping his spot on offense. Dungy counters by putting the 2nd string players in.
I really hope the Bear's fans don't trash their city after such a dismal performance.
I know the odds of something like this happening is next to nil. But hey, that's the premise of our megabucks lotteries. Your chances are slim but you at least have to buy a ticket. The Colts ARE the ticket.
Colts 40, Bears 14.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 AM

RikardW
I don't think it's going to be a blow out game but a tightly fought one from start to finish. Wow!!! I can hardly wait for the kick off.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:33 AM

76 posts, read 307,673 times
I can't wait either. This is going to be a blast. I want a blowout though.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
I don't want a blowout. I want a close, well played (and well ref'd) game. This is actually the first superbowl in a long long time that I haven't been looking forward to the commercials more than the game!

Go Bears!

Old 01-31-2007, 11:24 AM

I want this Super Bowl to go into overtime and for clutch receiver, Dallas Clark, to catch the winning TD pass.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
I was just on WLS talk radio!!! I had to get all this Koltz crap off my chest. Thank you Roe Conn!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:40 PM

I went to Lee Supply of Lafayette this afternoon to order a new gold plated Kohler faucet and I encountered the Manager who is an unwavering Chicago Bears fan. He was holding his Bears rubber helmet which he got during a Bears game at Soldier Field. I wonder if the Bears are going to wear these same rubber helmets when they play the Colts on Sunday.

P.S. I asked him how he could be a Bears fan in Colts territory and he responded “The Bears were here first!”

Old 01-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I was just on WLS talk radio!!! I had to get all this Koltz crap off my chest. Thank you Roe Conn!
Domergurl
what did you say on radio about the Colts. give us a summary. You may have some apologies to make come Sunday night.

I met a dedicated Bears fan this afternoon and I told him I was proud of him holding his rubber Bears helmet for the whole world to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana