Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM

7 posts, read 28,475 times

Advertisements

Looking for an apartment in New Albany. I am alone and am on a limited budget. Can anyone tell me what apts in New Albany are safe and affordable? I love Victorians but have no idea if apts in the historic district of New Albany are in good neighborhoods. If you have any info, please let me know. Also, please give me names if you are aware of any.
Thanks, T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereselh View Post
Looking for an apartment in New Albany. I am alone and am on a limited budget. Can anyone tell me what apts in New Albany are safe and affordable? I love Victorians but have no idea if apts in the historic district of New Albany are in good neighborhoods. If you have any info, please let me know. Also, please give me names if you are aware of any.
Thanks, T
Nearly all of new Albany is safe. The east and north east parts of town are the nicest.

try here:

:: Historic New Albany ::

also, check Louisville craiglist site. Any more questions, post on the Louisville/kentucky forums, as this is a Louisville suburb.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 11,702 times
I would not trust Louisville at all. to much crime over there. Historic New Albany is good. I have lived here in New Albany all my life and had hardly no problems. I live in a 1892 house and I love it. The only problems you may see or hear about is teenagers going around hollering and getting into normal mischief. they are just being kids just like we were. no big deal here.

Last edited by JD_knows; 01-19-2009 at 02:30 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_knows View Post
I would not trust louisville at all. to much crime over there.
Not true. Louisville is one of the safest large cities in America....what does that have to do with NA?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM

7 posts, read 33,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereselh View Post
Thanks, T

Arbor Place Apartments
Sheffield Square
The Gables
Prestwick Square
Cross Creek
Charlestown Crossing
High Park (is next to a park)
Kingsfield
Knobs pointe (big complex)
Willow Run
From living in the New Albany area, this would be my picks. Not sure what the costs are, just going on area and from knowing people that lived in some of these places. There's several other little complexes that are in good areas.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM

Default Well, I'm Already Here and Picked a Doozy of a Place...

No one e-mailed me before I moved down here so I had to just took a wild guess about apts I found online. I like New Albany itself and live right next to the New Albanian, which has great food and beer. Problem is, I've been here now for over three weeks, have no friends, and am quite lonely. So if you have a little extra time please feel free to e-mail me at t.L.hardesty@gmail.com and perhaps we might have something in common. Don't worry, I am not attempting to do anything but hang out with someone, anyone who has something in common with me. I like old homes obviously and I also love hiking around with my dog. We went up to Mt. St. Francis Monastary Wildlike Sancuary yesterday. That was great but would have been much more fun with someone to hike around with. Wow, this sounds like a pitty trip. I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for your reply, Therese

Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM

Default Already here/living in an okay looking place but management is rediculous.

No one e-mailed me before I moved down here so I had to just took a wild guess about apts I found online. I like New Albany itself and live right next to the New Albanian, which has great food and beer. Problem is, I've been here now for over three weeks, have no friends, and am quite lonely. So if you have a little extra time please feel free to e-mail me at t.L.hardesty@gmail.com and perhaps we might have something in common. Don't worry, I am not attempting to do anything but hang out with someone, anyone who has something in common with me. I like old homes obviously and I also love hiking around with my dog. We went up to Mt. St. Francis Monastary Wildlike Sancuary yesterday. That was great but would have been much more fun with someone to hike around with. Wow, this sounds like a pitty trip. I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks for your reply,
Therese

Old 01-25-2009, 05:42 PM

Default Already Here and Like it But NEVER move to Willow Run!

No one e-mailed me before I moved down here so I had to just took a wild guess about apts I found online. I like New Albany itself and live right next to the New Albanian, which has great food and beer. Problem is, I've been here now for over three weeks, have no friends, and am quite lonely. So if you have a little extra time please feel free to e-mail me at t.L.hardesty@gmail.com and perhaps we might have something in common. Don't worry, I am not attempting to do anything but hang out with someone, anyone who has something in common with me. I like old homes obviously and I also love hiking around with my dog. We went up to Mt. St. Francis Monastary Wildlike Sancuary yesterday. That was great but would have been much more fun with someone to hike around with. Wow, this sounds like a pitty trip. I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for your reply, Therese

Old 01-25-2009, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 11,702 times
well almost everyday in Louisville KY. there is shootings, robbery's, people getting assaulted at the bus stops, rapes, and if you go in the wrong neighborhood you get beat down. I know, it happened to me by taking the wrong turn on a side street. now you tell me how Louisville is a safe place? New Albany, there is crime but mostly petty crime. you might get someone that does not even live here do something or you might get someone that just snaps and shot someone. but not for the fun of it like you see in Louisville KY. Thank You.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_knows View Post
well almost everyday in Louisville KY. there is shootings, robbery's, people getting assaulted at the bus stops, rapes, and if you go in the wrong neighborhood you get beat down. I know, it happened to me by taking the wrong turn on a side street. now you tell me how Louisville is a safe place? New Albany, there is crime but mostly petty crime. you might get someone that does not even live here do something or you might get someone that just snaps and shot someone. but not for the fun of it like you see in Louisville KY. Thank You.
riiiight. I dont buy a nickel of what you say.

As to the above poster, welcome to Louisville metro area. New Albany, being a suburb which thinks of itself as a small town, seems a world away from Louisville even though it is a few minutes across the bridge. I would first try social networking sites:

Free Online Dating at Plentyoffish.com™
Louisville Mojo: Louisville Personals, Events, Louisville Classifieds, Blogs, Forums & Chat... Free!

Both are free and have lots of locals.

Next, try looking on www.leoweekly. Metromix | Your Restaurants, Nightlife & Events Guide www.comsuminglouisville.com for stuff to do.

Also try Use the Internet to get off the Internet! - Meetup.com to see if there are maybe hiking interest groups.

if you are young, and Christian, I just found an amazing new church which is very urban and neatly forces you to meet people, who are mostly under 40:

Home | Sojourn Community Church

What is your age? What else do you like to do? There are many places to meet people, but youll have to make more of an effort. Sportstime in NA is great. Also nearby is MyBar, which is also a great bar. Other than that, folks in So Indiana do not have too many cultural options, and that is why they are essentially a suburb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana