Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,452 times

Advertisements

well all this info is kinda a bummer. My sister really wants me to move closer to her,but knows i'm from n.y. so she said vincennes might be nice. She lives on the other side of the river in mt.carmel. way to small for me . But with all this bad info on the place i really don't think it would work out? no jobs,bad cops, idk...... i live in a liberal state i could just see me draged off because of my mouth. I will have to keep looking for a place i guess somewhere close to mt.carmel just alittle more up beat. if anyone has a suggestion please leave a post. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,194 times
Zeba...I am sorry for the discouragment about your planned re-location to Vincennes...but, if it were me, and someone could have prevented me from the expense of moving to that meth infested, dirty, little spot in the road, I would welcome the advice. My sister is still living there, as well as my parents...sadly, I still can't convince my folks to leave and my sister, along with her three daughters, are drug addicts...I went to my first and last Lincoln High School reunion this past September (Class of 85) and saw that former classmates who had stayed in Vincennes were either un-employed or drug addicts as well..several with no teeth from Meth use...as a matter of fact, most people that I came in contact with, were toothless. Mt. Carmel is in Illinois and is a much cleaner, nicer place to live...Statisics show that Vincennes has the highest rate of public aid recipients in Knox County, and Knox County has the highest rate of un-employment in Indiana...there is simply NOTHING this so-called town has to offer.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:59 PM

363 posts, read 1,043,630 times
I have good friends who moved from a western state to Vincennes about 7-8 years ago. Can't say they've enjoyed it much, but it's where their family lives.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,139 times
If you're looking for a more left of center town with a bustling city life I highly recommend Bloomington IN. Its a college town about an hour and fifteen minutes northeast of Vincennes. So around 2 hours from Mt. Carmel. Great city, huge school with lots of traveling shows coming through and the arts scene in the town is incredible. If you want a smaller town, then I'd recommend Jasper IN. One of the wealthiest and friendliest towns I've ever been to. Not much in the way of entertainment, although there is a nice tourist train that runs weekend trips to the resorts at French Lick. and FYI this is coming from someone that has lived his whole life in Vincennes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana