Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,717 times

Advertisements

a basically dead town/economic blight/Appalachian low life/meth madness/bottomed out property values/zero law enforcement/unwed mothers & toothless rednecks on dope/90% of population on welfare.

if that's your thing, you'll love Laurel.

otherwise, lock your car doors as you hurry past it.

seriously.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,646 times
As I read over the comments of Laurel, I can understand where people say these terrible things but it is what you as a family make of it, I have been in Laurel my whole life and so has my family, and my grandfather and father have been successful business men in this little town, and as far as drugs and alcohol, yeah its there but isn't it everywhere!! The ones that have replied may not know that there are many churches, and good people too, and although Laurel has a reputation, not everyone is that way. If your a christian it wouldn't matter where you move because the Lord would be with you. I think the schools are great, I have 2 children that attend and they get their education. I wouldn't say the area is beautiful, and filled with mountains or paradise but its a small town with about 600 people, everyone knows everyone, but like I said, its what you make of it.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,392 times
Ok, Here's my two cents worth on Laurel. It's a very small town with large hills everywhere, the hunting is great if you know someone that has land that will let you hunt on. Nothing going on there to do unless you have 4 wheelers and want to go to Haspin Ackers, DRUGS, you will find them in every town, in every state.
You just hear more about it from a small town because nothing else goes on there.

Vistion,(old philco ford) closed down in Connersville but Honda built a plant in Greensburg, IN, One closes, One opens.

Haspin Ackers is where 4 wheelers,(trucks, atv's) go to have fun, Yep it's in Laurel.

I am from Ohio and have been coming to Brookville, IN over 40 years now. I like the area, it's quiet like all small towns even though there is drugs around. Doesn't mean I have to use or sell them.

I live in Brookville, and Metamora is a small town between Laurel and Brookville they have canal days there every year and 1000's of people come to it. They have Christmas walk that is also cool. My sister dress her dog and goat up at Christmas and walked them down the street, the vistors loved them. Now how many towns can you do that in. Not Richmond, IN or any other bigger town.

Now if you are looking to move and have the convenience of all your big stores handy like wal-mart and such then I would say move to another county but no matter where you move you are not going to get away from losers that do drugs or anything else.

Visit where you want to move is the best answer.

Eccomo

Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 PM

156 posts, read 558,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonFamilyinIndiana View Post
I have to laugh when I read that Laurel, Indiana is such a wonderful little town where everyone is so friendly. My husband is from Laurel, he was home sick so we moved to Laurel, and I have hated it!!! We have bought a house as far away from Laurel as possible. This is a little town that is infested with every kind of drug you can find. Just this past year at least 11 people have died from a drug over dose. 11 people!!! The law enforcement is something to laugh at. They are more interested in pulling people over for not using a turn signal then they are about getting the drugs out of our childrens hands. I will not be raising my child there. I really hope that those of you who think Laurel is this great little town that everyone should live in, will stand up and get the "low lifes" out of the town. Maybe then Laurel will be something to be proud of.
dang...thanks for the info!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,607 times
Default laurel

laurel is a freat town get to know people and you can hunt and ride quads on their land my dad lives there and i know alot of people down there they are mostly all nice and caring go to haspin acres and have alot of fun i go all thetime it is quite worth the money its

Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,614 times
I have live in Laurel all my life. Myself along with many of the lifetime residents would never think about living somewhere else. We are family here. It's true, there are two sides to every story. I disagree on several of the post. I am very sorry to say, Laurel is very Liberal now, and I am not proud of it.There were 5 drug overdoses all of which died from prescription drugs from the same Doctor. We have a wonderful Police Department, however the problem lies in the fact, we do not have enough revenue for a full time department. Our schools are great. We have no mountains, only hills. I do agree with the post that stated economically it is below standards.Closing the main factory in Connersville was a devastating blow to the community. I am proud to live here, and wanted you to see a different perspective on what this town of 500 is really like.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:30 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Being a liberal town=drug use??? Really???

Old 06-27-2008, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 20,770 times
Default No

whoever told you that was LYIN! Laurel is a white hick town (and I'm white) and I wouldn't recommend anyone move there.

However, metamora and brookville are ok.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,453 times
Default Laurel Indiana

I know Laurel very well .
When you enter that small town there should be a road sign saying,
You are now leaving the USA.
My advice to any one is stay away from Laurel.
Most there are uneducated and there is ... very few laws
The Long Branch is the main attraction with drugs.
Great place to get shot .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana