Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 9,562 times

Advertisements

My name is Mike. I am a 25 year old father of three from Southern Indiana. I have always ben intereste in ghost and the paranormal. I am currently looking for haunted spots in the southern Indiana area and if you know of any please let me know. My email is [EMAIL="burk_mike@verizon.net"]burk_mike@verizon.net[/EMAIL] if you know of any please email me and if any one wants to come along you are more than welcome to just email me please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 9,416 times
Quote:
I was wont to know if Charlestown High School of Charlestown, IN 47111 is Hounted? I heard is was but I dont know if I should blive it or not!
[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/think.gif[/url]

Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 9,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.G.H View Post
Hello
This is Mike of the Southern Indiana Ghost Hunters.
We are looking for haunted places in southern Indiana to investigate.
If you know of any please let us know.
Thanks!!
Mike
i know a place...its on Slate Run Rd. 1 other family moved in and moved out shortly after...its been abandoned 5 yrs now

Old 02-04-2010, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 9,344 times
There's a park in Jeffersonville Indiana that my friends and I visited and I vow never to go back because whatever is there is either really angry or just plain evil. The energy that the site emits is horrible. It's called Wathen, it's a shady little place in the middle of an upper middle class neighborhood where there were apparently two bodies buried during the 70s. What's freaky is that as you're walking through the back of the park you can feel indentures where you are stepping over holes that have been filled in. I'm no expert when it comes to the supernatural, but I'm pretty sure whatever haunts that park tried to attach itself to one of my friends and then proceeded to follow us until we left. I know other groups of people who have had similar occurrences in the park; they've heard circling, experienced blackouts, numbness, and basically complete incapacitation. I think that the spirit in that park was invited there. If you're not a professional ghost hunter DO NOT GO INTO THAT PARK. I'm not joking. I'd advise any adventurers to go during the daytime.

The address and location can be found at this website.
Jeffersonville Parks and Recreation

Old 07-11-2010, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,056 times
Default Blackiston mill rd & dead man's hollow

Early on in this thread someone posted about Dead Man's Hollow which is on Blackiston mill Rd. in Clarksville. One post said that blacks used to be hung there & is the reason it's called Dead Man's Hollow while another posted saying that an individual was found there in the early 20th century.

Personally I do not know if either is true but I have heard about people being hung there. In particular, I used to live on Blackiston Circle which is literally right next to Dead Man's Hollow. In the yard of the house that I lived in there was a big maple tree that supposedly some blacks were hung in. Again whether this is true or not I don't know. I can tell you this though. The house on the property was haunted because the back door would open on it's own & footsteps could be heard coming into the house. This was when my aunt lived there & she was the one that had the experience.

I did however live in the house for about 7 years & even though I didn't see anything unusual in the house (we also torn down some of the house & added to it) in one area which was close to where the backdoor used to be, I always felt a presence of some kind which was at about 3 in the morning.

Anyway back to Dead Man's Hollow & this is a fact. Jeffersonville used to be called "Little Chicago" because in the 20's it was just like Chicago. Now Jeffersonville sits right next to Clarksville & I have been told that Al Capone & other gangsters would come to louisville & Jeff. I have also been told that when they were here & they wanted to dispose of somebody, they would come to Clarksville. In fact there is a spot which is just about the mid point between Dead Man's Hollow & the old Blackiston Mill (which has been torn down), the ground was all grown up & rather swampy. Supposedly gangsters would take these people here & dump them there.

Again whether or not gangsters actually did this I don't know but it makes sense because during that time period that area of Clarksville would have been the "sticks" & thus would have been a good place to dispose of a body. Dead Man's Hollow may have gotten it's name from this source as well.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 8,982 times
the witches castle in utica (haunted)
my property on utica pike (on an indian burial ground) jeffersonville/utica
brick church cemetery in sellersburg/speed (very haunted)

Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,880 times
new albany-1609 slate run rd. the house is for sale for 38,000...worth double. i used to live there, things do go bump in the night, sometimes,BOOOOM. my dog chased and barked at things that wasnt there, i suggest you bring a dog if you decide to check it out. you'll feel it as soon as you pull up in the driveway. there are many other things that happened in that house...if you have any questions, get back at me

Last edited by flyingdog33; 09-21-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 10,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmik View Post
My name is Mike. I am a 25 year old father of three from Southern Indiana. I have always ben intereste in ghost and the paranormal. I am currently looking for haunted spots in the southern Indiana area and if you know of any please let me know. My email is burk_mike@verizon.net if you know of any please email me and if any one wants to come along you are more than welcome to just email me please.

Mike, there are a few places in Knox County you might check out.

Ghost Stories of Knox County (and Nearby Lands)

Old 10-04-2010, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 19,988 times
ATTENTION AMATEUR GHOST HUNTERS:

The Historic John Work House (aka, the red brick house on Tunnel Mill Road at the BSA camp, Charlestown, Indiana) is under restoration and is strictly OFF LIMITS. "Ghost hunters" have continuously broken into the building damaging historical architecture and re-damaging things that the restorers have fixed. For this reason, the property now has security personnel on staff each night from dusk to dawn. The property has MANY "no trespassing" signs surrounding it. PLEASE pay attention to them. IF YOU GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE AT THE HISTORIC JOHN WORK HOUSE, YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF SPEAKING TO CLARK COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT!! There are NO exceptions to this! We have informed our security personnel and the Clark County Sheriff's Department that we will press any and all charges possible against ANY trespassers on the property. It doesn't matter how harmless you may think you're being. You WILL be arrested.

If you are interested in HELP to SAVE this historic treasure, or would like to arrange a tour during DAYTIME hours, you may contact the restorers at (812) 606-1264. You can also follow the restoration process at Historic John Work House Restoration

Old 10-04-2010, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 8,841 times
There is a house in Borden Indiana that is definently haunted. It is the old Stark house that was once used for many purposes such as a funeral home. It is owned by Emil Stark. Growing up dishes would be rearranged and full body apparitions would appear or so rumors have it by many who have stayed there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana