Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,780,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Maybe ND can work out a deal with Urban Meyer to leave the wife and kids at home in Florida and fly Urban home every weekend after the game. The Colts did that with Tony Dungy.
If ND agrees to that I'll be disappointed. ND claims to have this family atmosphere. If they do that for Meyer, they have truly sold their souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 08:53 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,163,915 times
Jack Swarbrick and Tony Dungy are pretty close so it wouldn't surprise me if something like that happens. How about a Granger and Florida home?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 PM

855 posts, read 2,399,503 times
Well, that should pretty much be that. I feel for Weis and the players, I was hoping to not see a repeat of Senior Day from last year. I still remember the look on Bruton's face then, just crying his eyes out.

I have to admit, my eyes welled up some in the beginning when the players walked out with him the way they did. The way they started, I thought they would pull it out for him but in the end, it was the same as the rest of the season. Poor run D, poor execution, missed opportunities and just not being able to put the other team away. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I agree with DG on Meyer. If they have to bend too much to get Meyer in here, he isn't worth it and you also have to look at the timeline. If Florida ends up in the title game, there's no way he's not coaching it. That's a lot of down time for the program, even for a "brand name" like Meyer.

The speculation will be flying for sure for awhile yet. I like the idea of Stoops, honestly. Catholic from the midwest, he's relatively young, he knows the area and has recruiting connections all over the country, which is something ND needs. They've had an off year there, it's been awhile since they've won the title and some of the natives are getting restless.

I just hope the team doesn't roll over against Stanford.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 AM

They looked good in the 1st quarter but that was it. Someone forgot to fill up the gas tank.

I like Charlie too because I do believe he's a great guy. However, great guys don't necessarily translate into great HC's.

If Jack Swarbrick is going to leave ND for the top job at the NCAA, that will only throw the program into more disarray and make it even harder to find the right new HC.

Irish fans need to fasten their seat belts for a long bumpy ride.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 11-22-2009 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: add

Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Swarbrick is leaving too??? ND has had about as much luck with AD's as they have with coaches! Wadsworth, White, Swarbrick. Davie, O'Leary, Willingham, Weis ... and Swarbrick hasn't had a chance to hire anyone yet.

When Charlie was announced all the heads said that the guy can't recruit ... well, he CAN recruit, he just can't hire a coordinator to save his life (literally). Tenuta's hire was the nail ... they should have stuck with Corwin Brown ... sigh.

Well, Stoops does sound like a good choice. It goes without saying that they will make the new coach the highest paid coach in CF ... but i'm not all urban meyer happy ... i just don't like the guy. I think FLA is the best spot for him. let him be the next bobby bowden or jopa ...

Old 11-22-2009, 02:22 PM

Yep, Jack wants to leave and has already interviewed for his new job at the NCAA. With Swarbrick it's a call of 'Abandon ship! Lower the life boats!!!! Every man for himself!"

That should disqualify him from searching for a new HC at ND. I move that Domergurl lead the search and do all the talking.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 11-22-2009 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-22-2009, 02:27 PM

he's barely been at ND!!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM

He used it as a stepping-stone, plain and simple. At least Charlie didn't try to use the university as a stepping-stone but as a long term career in coaching college football.

Charlie is not going to resign and I certainly don't want to see him fired by someone who plans on leaving ND.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 11-22-2009 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-22-2009, 03:54 PM

855 posts, read 2,399,503 times
I read that about Swarbrick. I can't say it improves my opinion of him but if you don't mind me applying a stereotype, hey, he's a lawyer.

I don't know folks, this could end up being a tipping point for the football program, one way or the other. The right coach for a school like ND isn't going to just be stumbled upon. We're relying on the discretion of someone who, if he moves on, will be able to make whatever decision he sees fit without repercussions. I would only hope that whatever Swarbrick's plans he looks at the situation carefully and makes the decision that he truly believes is right for ND.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 PM

If Swarbrick quits, then Charlie should stay! Swarbrick is an Indianapolis attorney ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana