Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
My favorite authentic Mexican restaurant in the entire Indy area is Queso Blanco in Westfield. It is a family owned business, and the family members actually run the restaurant. Their recipes are family secrets, and are from their hometown of Oaxaca, Mexico. I believe it is the Grandmother who is always doing the cooking the times I have dined there.

Sadly, they are temporarily closed, and according to their website will be reopening soon.
I've seen that place but have never eaten there. Is it kid friendly? Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely give them a try when they open back up.

We normally go to La Hacienda @ Meridian and W. Carmel Drive (shopping center with Max and Erma's). We love the staff! They are super nice, the food is great and it's very kid friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I've seen that place but have never eaten there. Is it kid friendly? Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely give them a try when they open back up.

We normally go to La Hacienda @ Meridian and W. Carmel Drive (shopping center with Max and Erma's). We love the staff! They are super nice, the food is great and it's very kid friendly.
Yes, it is kid friendly and the family is very warm and enthusiastic. They will tell you all about their different recipes and cooking methods.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM

45 posts, read 69,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
It is called Totras Guicho Domiguez or something......I love that place too.
Yep, it's something like that. One of the better additions to the SE quad in recent years in my opinion.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM

45 posts, read 69,550 times
Quote:
If you ever order takeout from there, be sure to check EVERYTHING before you leave... They are notorious for forgetting stuff especially tortillas for fajitas.... Nothing feels like a bigger punch to the gut than sitting down to eat a good meal just to realize that they forgot your tortillas or your dinner all together!
No tortillas for your fajitas? Oh yeah, I wouldn't be happy about that at all!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
I just went to La Margarita in Fountain Square and it was excellent. I had it before when they were at 96th & Meridian, but now that they've moved they have improved their food. It has a really high-end/modern atmosphere that you don't see in Mexican places here too.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:16 PM

153 posts, read 283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas46032 View Post
I know it's fast food and not of the highest quality, but I would LOVE having a Taco Cabana nearby I could hit once in a while. Certainly about a million times better than Taco Bell and at a very reasonable price.
OMG!!!! A Taco Cabana nearby would be amazing. No Chili Rellenos, but it puts Taco Bell to shame.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
REM

368 posts, read 995,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locean View Post
I've never been to Mexico, so I'm not even going to try to pretend like I know authentic Mexican food, but I can tell you this, if Mexican food is really like what they serve at El Rodeo or Jaripeo, then I'm glad I've never been there. It seems like every Mexican joint that opens up is serving the same Old El Paso taco kit tacos and refried beans from a can that have been watered down. As for that orange-brown sauce that they slather on everything--I practically get diarrhea just thinking about it.

I liked the food at Baja Fresh, but apparently they have all gone out of business here. I tried a new place in Greenwood, Bajio Mexican Grille, and I think it had food similar, if not better than Baja Fresh.

On the Border has some good chips and salsa, and my favorite is their pork carnita fajitas.

I don't know how Bajio and On the Border stack up to Mexican restaurants in California, but at least the food seems fresher than that over processed junk they sell at El Rodeo and others just like them.
Idk where you've been going but El Jaripeo has some of the best tacos around, They're fresh and use real meat unlike taco bell. I was actually going to recommend El Jaripeo to the OP

Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,916 times
Has anyone been to Roscoe's tacos in Greenwood? It's not exactly authentic Mexican food but I've eaten there a few times while hanging out with my buddies on the south side. It's pretty good and inexpensive.... Different than any other Mexican restaurant I've been to, but still pretty neat with its own character.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Has anyone been to Roscoe's tacos in Greenwood? It's not exactly authentic Mexican food but I've eaten there a few times while hanging out with my buddies on the south side. It's pretty good and inexpensive.... Different than any other Mexican restaurant I've been to, but still pretty neat with its own character.
I love Roscoe's Tacos. It is definitly not a terribly authentic experience; but it is great for what it is. There is one in Irvington as well, love that place for a quick taco or burrito.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM

38 posts, read 91,077 times
La Canasta at Pendleton Pike/Franklin Road in Lawrence is pretty authentic. It's a small grocery story with a mini restaurant inside. If it hasn't already been mentioned, there's a newer place at Keystone/Millersville Road called Taco & Burrito Place. Small menu but everything is made to order and verty tasty and authentic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis