Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:20 PM

5 posts, read 20,458 times

Advertisements

Hello. We are getting ready to purchase a house in Fishers, Indiana. I understand that the Hamilton Southeastern Schools are quite good, but are some better than others? For instance are the schools that feed into HSE HS better or worse than those that feed into Fishers HS? Any difference at the elementary or middle school level?

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 06:40 AM

63 posts, read 391,536 times
I think all the schools in that district are good. Maybe someone else knows if some are better than others, but I suspect all are about the same

Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
SJU

131 posts, read 722,941 times
I have kids that went to HSE until last year, and now we are in the FHS district. The schools themselves are not that different, but obviously HSE has a stronger history and sense of unity/school pride that is lacking at the new Fishers High. Those things will come in time, though. I can't pinpoint any differences in the elementary/middle schools. All are excellent.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:47 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
can anyone direct me to an online map of the HSE district so I can see the area it encompasses? I understand that the west side of the Geist along Fall Creek Road is in the HSE district and the east side of the Geist in Lawrence (Lawrence Central HS etc).

Old 07-23-2007, 08:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
We just left the HSE district. I believe every single school is a 4 star school. Durbin elementary may not be, but they are pretty darn close. You can live anywhere in Fishers and be in a good school. My oldest left Fall Creek Elementary and I was always impressed.

Here are boundaries, Shrek:

Hamilton Southeastern Schools - Maps and Boundaries (http://www.hse.k12.in.us/maps.htm - broken link)

Admirals is in Lawrence ... pretty much everything north of the reservoir along Fall Creek to 96th is HSE (Masthead being the big one)

Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
Domergurl, thanks for that map. I know someone who bought in Masthead (Marion County portion) which is older than Admirals and they're in HSE.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 07-24-2007 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: add

Old 07-31-2007, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 6,176 times
Fishers is also a nice location for living and raising kids. The schools are really good. I used to live there and now moved to different location. I listed my home for sale in Fishers. If you are interested send me an email to callshyam@hotmail.com and I can give you more details.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,385 times
Default Regarding Fishers Schools

What attracted us to Fishers is the strong school system, where discipline problems are nipped in the bud but treated in a fair way. The have a rigorous course of study in every school. They are also progressive. For example, they have a bio-medical adjunct that allows students interested in chemistry and the sciences to participate. The graduation rate is high, but more impressive is how many of their graduates go to college. The only negative is that they have allowed a lot of cheap housing to be built in their quest for "diversity," and these subdivisions have experienced a lot of foreclosures because these low income folks can't afford even the less inexpensive homes. Still, overall, I consider it a "blue ribbon" school, which school superintendent Concetta Raimondi has continued to enhance throughout her tenure at HSE. You will see her at football games, swim meets, plays and musicals because she is eager to keep track of the kid's progress in various disciplines. On occasion, Dr. Raimondi can be found reading to kindergarten kids, with exciting intonations which keeps the kids' attention. BTW, the janitors and support staff make sure the schools are clean, and well-maintained (safety is also one of their priorities) All around, a GREAT school system, from top to bottom.

Last edited by penelopetrees; 10-07-2007 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: mispell

Old 10-07-2007, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 5,373 times
I would just like to know what "diversity" has to do with low income "folks" ? Do they go hand in hand? Economical diversity, racial diversity...what exactly do you mean? Either way, I'm not suprised. I will agree that Fishers has a wonderful school system, but opinions like these will keep my children far away. When my family relocated I researched each area intensely and I loved Fishers, but I felt a lot of superficiality. "What do you do?...What does your husband do?" There are other school systems with equivalent, even better ratings and most importantly, EVERYONE is an equal part of the community. The bottom line is we all want our children to have the best education, but what kind of message do we send with comments like "low income folks" ?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I'll chime in here. While it may be true that there are foreclosures in vinyl villages, I also saw many a public auction in some of the upscale neighborhoods (Gray Eagle and Forest Knoll are ones I can recall) as well due to people getting in over their heads. And as for equating diversity with low income "folks" .. nope. That's a dangerous blanket statement to make.

As for schools, HSE is a top school system, you can't argue with that. I'm not sure that they specifically go for diversity, just look at the demos of Fishers. I think that people do their homework, they want good schools and settle on HSE, it doesn't matter what color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: